PDA

View Full Version : Saitek P880

dilli-theclaw
07-05-2004, 18:33
Does anyone have one of these?

Is it any good?

I don't have a game pad and I want one mainly for my retro mega drive and snes collection. :confused: And this is the one I'm thinking of getting.

Cheers for any replies in advance.

punky
07-05-2004, 18:39
I've got it on good authority that Saitek are very good. I've been meaning to get a P2500 from Dabs (http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/hardware/keyboardsmicejoystickswheelsandtablets/productView.htm?quicklinx=2C0D), but haven't got round to it. Actually i'll probably do it in a minute.

The only difference seems to be rumble effect for an extra 2 quid.

Edit: Just ordered the P2500 from the link above. If you want, I could post a quick review when it comes monday-wednesday.

Richard M
07-05-2004, 18:44
I've got a P1500 which has lasted for more than two years without a single problem.
I don't use it that much (only for driving games) but still, two years is still pretty good.

dilli-theclaw
07-05-2004, 19:13
Thanks for that people :)

punky
10-05-2004, 18:22
The Saitek 2500 has arrived earlier, here are some points about it:

1. It is comfortable to hold and use

2. The force feedback is very powerful. I think it'll probably end up shaking itself to bits. Certainly after I put it down my fingers were still tingling.

3. The shift button is badly placed, It should of been on the underside like the Z triggers on the console pads. Atm, it is only easy to use for the two shoulder buttons.

4. The software has a "profile manager". I haven't quite got my head around it, but it looks like it records macros for the buttons.

5. It is quite thick and heavy, has a good feel of quality

6. It has a blue LED :D

So, on the whole i'm fairly happy with it so far.

paulyoung666
10-05-2004, 18:45
cant go wrong with a cool blue led :D :D :D :D

punky
10-05-2004, 21:11
That's what I think. I go weak at the knees for blue LEDs :)

Oh, and I forgot to mention earlier (can't edit it now), that if you are put off by the strong rumble, You can turn it down if you want. The gamepad control panel has a slider where you can adjust it from 100% to 0%