PDA

View Full Version : Would this cost anything?

Lemonzest
06-05-2004, 19:15
Hiya All

Last year i (and other on my block of flats) had my bedsit modernised, changing a back wall to give more space in the living quarters. well this have left quite a lot of cable in the flat that needs tidying up (about 6ft+), just sking if it would cost me anything seeing as it was not my choice the have the flat changed(councel).

Thanks

Lemonzest

Hell's Child
06-05-2004, 19:21
Hiya All

Last year i (and other on my block of flats) had my bedsit modernised, changing a back wall to give more space in the living quarters. well this have left quite a lot of cable in the flat that needs tidying up (about 6ft+), just sking if it would cost me anything seeing as it was not my choice the have the flat changed(councel).

I would expect yes you would be charged the standard £50 callout fee. Even though it wasn't your descision, it's still your problem I am afraid. You may get around with bit of arguing, my thought would be to go to the council and bill them for it though.

gary_580
06-05-2004, 19:33
can you tie it up and hide the cable? failing that trip over it and rip it out of the wall!!!

td444
06-05-2004, 19:44
Cable ties are your friend

quadplay
06-05-2004, 22:40
failing that trip over it and rip it out of the wall!!!

Then you'll definately be charged the callout fee!

Chris W
06-05-2004, 23:10
can you tie it up and hide the cable? failing that trip over it and rip it out of the wall!!!

trip over it... i am sure some sleazy lawyer could make a case against the council and you would win loads of compensation... :rolleyes:

danielf
06-05-2004, 23:15
Hiya All

Thanks

Lemonzest

Realistically, I think you can't expect NTL to pay for tidying up because the council decided to modernise your flat. You could ask if the council would be willing to.