PDA

View Full Version : Furbys

LooeyUK
18-07-2003, 23:27
Is it true that they actually say what you say?

Ive heard stories of people telling them to "**** off" and they die and sometimes repeat what you said

KingPhoenix
18-07-2003, 23:55
Originally posted by LooeyB

Ive heard stories of people telling them to "**** off" and they die and sometimes repeat what you said

About 2/3 years ago they released a gremlins set of furbys, and my girlfriend has always loved the little brown and white gremlin (cant remember its name) but you know the one, that gets wet and all the evils little bliters pop out of him, well i bought her that version of the furby.

All it did was play games with you and wake you up in the middle of the night, i soon found the on/off button, it was attached to the hammer.... :D well not quite, but close hehehe

Sorry i completely lost the question, AFAIK it doesnt repeat what you say

bopdude
19-07-2003, 01:07
Originally posted by LooeyB

SAD SAD SAD :rolleyes:

And the moon is made of green cheese :p

The tooth fairy exists....

And we always eat fish on Fridays *ahem... not

:spin: :spin: :spin:

Martin
19-07-2003, 01:23
My niece had a furby and the bloody thing wouldn't shut up!! I think it did die she forgot to speak to it.:D

Steve H
19-07-2003, 10:20
Yeah, Some of the ones that were produced, before they actually went "out".. Did repeat what you said, they learnt from what you do, etc..

Mr_love_monkey
19-07-2003, 18:38
Originally posted by KingPhoenix
About 2/3 years ago they released a gremlins set of furbys, and my girlfriend has always loved the little brown and white gremlin (cant remember its name) but you know the one, that gets wet and all the evils little bliters pop out of him, well i bought her that version of the furby.

The little brown and white one was called Gizmo, and he wasn't a gremlin, he was a Mogwai - they only turned into gremlins if you fed them after mid-night :D

Wasn't there a DJ who got loads of kids to put their Furby's close to the stereo and then broadcast a noise that 'killed' them? - or is that just an urban myth?

Lord Nikon
25-07-2003, 21:01
I know there was a device that you could build that would kill a furby.... but I think it worked on infra red..

I'll look for it...

Captain_caveman
12-08-2003, 19:42
Furbys were a pain in the arse.
Working in a toy shop when they came out, we found loads of ways to kill them off, Most of the methods involved a cricket bat or a baseball bat.

zoombini
13-08-2003, 08:47
You have to talk to them a lot, before they will "learn" what you say. It was programmed into them to encourage you to treat them as designed.

Eventually they would repeat what you said.
A colleague observed one in his local pub that swore at you!

Having had 3 in the family, I'm glad it never got to that stage (the batteries run out first!).

timewarrior2001
13-08-2003, 09:15
My cousin had a furby bought by myself, I couldnt resist having a go. I got bored and put it in a cupboard.......it cried.
My what an amusing and twisted game I played with my little cousin after that. Everytime she was naughty she got to hear her beloved Furby scream in the dark cupboard.

Lord Nikon
13-08-2003, 09:42
Apparently if you turn them upside down, press on the head sensor and push the battery cover down they think they are being tortured and beg for mercy

Maggy
13-08-2003, 09:43
Originally posted by timewarrior2001
My cousin had a furby bought by myself, I couldnt resist having a go. I got bored and put it in a cupboard.......it cried.
My what an amusing and twisted game I played with my little cousin after that. Everytime she was naughty she got to hear her beloved Furby scream in the dark cupboard.

Oooh!You have such a dark and twisted soul.:eek:

Incog. ;)

timewarrior2001
13-08-2003, 09:45
Originally posted by Incognitas
Oooh!You have such a dark and twisted soul.:eek:

Incog. ;)

I have no soul, I sold it to the devil to raise money to buy the damned furby ;)

Theodoric
14-08-2003, 12:14
The mention of Furbys brought back a faint memory that, a few years ago, Furbys were banned from certain government sites in America because of security concerns. A bit of Googling gave me this reference. (http://www.cnn.com/US/9901/13/nsa.furby.ban.01/)

MadGamer
28-08-2003, 18:06
The Furbys were annoying, my friend made me look after hers once it never shut up!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhh
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

zoombini
28-08-2003, 22:46
The furbys were annoying, but not as annoying as having to purchase a major share in Duracell.

Cheap batteries would not last, you had to get the good high power ones.
There was hell to pay when they started to run out, boy you have never heard such an awful racket..lol

Lord Nikon
28-08-2003, 23:07
Maplin Electronics - 1800mAH Rechargeables, 12 for £13 at the moment :D

www.maplin.co.uk

(totally off topic but they also have 18v cordless drills for £20)

dingosar
28-08-2003, 23:28
Furby's
i had almost forgotten about them , i have two of the little buggers in the bottom drawer of my desk , i will have to put some battery's in them and bring them back to life .
i believe that some of them are quite collectable these days :smokin: :smokin:

r_fulton13
19-01-2006, 12:01
Most/All of those theorys are completly wrong. A Furby won't repeat what you said. Sometimes 'Furbish' the 'language' they speak is mixed up with swear words etc, but they definetely don't swear themselves. Well at least, I've bought a few furbys from http://www.adoptafurby.com and I've never heard one swear.... ;) But occasionally they do say 'Moo-Lah-Kah-Doo' which means something a little controversial in their language.

marky
19-01-2006, 12:08
Only one way to kill a furby Link (http://fishbash.com/videos/play.php?id=34) :D

Chris
19-01-2006, 12:28
Most/All of those theorys are completly wrong. A Furby won't repeat what you said. Sometimes 'Furbish' the 'language' they speak is mixed up with swear words etc, but they definetely don't swear themselves. Well at least, I've bought a few furbys from http://www.adoptafurby.com and I've never heard one swear.... ;) But occasionally they do say 'Moo-Lah-Kah-Doo' which means something a little controversial in their language.
Another contender for :bump: of the year. Don't suppose you have any interest in that website do you? :dozey:

r_fulton13
19-01-2006, 12:44
:Yikes: Hey! what are you saying??? I hope your not... I hope your not thinking that I have some kind of financial interest in that site! I just love Furbys!!!:erm:

Chris
19-01-2006, 13:12
:Yikes: Hey! what are you saying??? I hope your not... I hope your not thinking that I have some kind of financial interest in that site! I just love Furbys!!!:erm:

I have an open mind. I just ask questions. :angel:

nffc
19-01-2006, 13:16
Most/All of those theorys are completly wrong. A Furby won't repeat what you said. Sometimes 'Furbish' the 'language' they speak is mixed up with swear words etc, but they definetely don't swear themselves. Well at least, I've bought a few furbys from http://www.adoptafurby.com and I've never heard one swear.... ;) But occasionally they do say 'Moo-Lah-Kah-Doo' which means something a little controversial in their language. Another contender for :bump: of the year. Don't suppose you have any interest in that website do you? :dozey:
You mean...

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/564/bump2213pd.gif

The Furberry (Furby dressed in Burberry): the latest chav accessory.