View Full Version : Can't decide FIFA or EURO 2004

Damien
04-05-2004, 00:01
Which one should I get?

Mainly I want reasons for and against each as well as personal experiences

Please Please Please can this topic stay above the "EA ARE RUBBISH" stuff

punky
04-05-2004, 00:40
Do you mean Fifa 2004? If you do, then I'd probably go for Euro 2004. It is much newer, so it is bound to be better, and i've seen the screenshots, it doesn't look bad.

There doesn't appear to be a Fifa 2005 this year. I guess they thrown everything into Euro 2004 (Seems silly to me, but I guess the vast majority of sales must be from europe)

Steve H
04-05-2004, 00:56
Which one should I get?

Mainly I want reasons for and against each as well as personal experiences

Please Please Please can this topic stay above the "EA ARE RUBBISH" stuff

EA are crap, but getting better since their deal with M$ ;)

Nah, Seriousley - managed to get into Fifa just recently... decent enough game, but I'd go for Euro 2004, since it's newer and more up to date.. Should get you in the mood for the championships as well ;)

iron25
04-05-2004, 01:51
I've never been impressed by any of the FIFA games, computer does everything for you. All you need to do is get near the goal, press a button and it shoots for you even if you're not facing the goal. FIFA is more about presentation that gameplay.

I would go for Pro Evolution Soccer, most footy fans will tell you it totally outplays FIFA.

Just read a review World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 International by Konami and it seems pretty good. The reviewer reckons EA and FIFA's days are numbered.

However, despite all the fancy graphics that you get nowadays, no footy game has ever come close to beating Sensible World Of Soccer on the Commodore Amiga. That game was an absolute classic and was all about playability. No need for 12 button joypads, it needed just one.

Damien
04-05-2004, 08:40
I all ready have pro evolution but I want a fifa game as well mainly to have a more casual game with good graphics and real kits, players etc

The problem I am having is what euro 2004 seems like fifa 2004 without the club teams a bit more detail and graphics.

Basically it seems like a scaled down special edtion of FIFA

TigaSefi
04-05-2004, 09:11
Neither :p they both will be rubbish, Pro Evo on the X Box hopefully
L!ve enabled

sherer
04-05-2004, 10:22
before you get either i'd advise betting them out of lockbuster first and trialling them.. not read too much on Euro 04 yet but wasn't too impressed with the latest offering of FIFA. The details is there nad got all the world leagues with players etc but it's just too difficult to control properly.. you need to use both of the sticks on the gamepad and all the buttons at the same time to play properly.. you need about 3 hands to be able to do it properly.. i remember the first one where you just pressed the buttons of pressed them twice for other moves it was simple and the game worked and was great with that..

might be worth checking the euro game out and seeing what else you get other than qualifying and the tourney itself..

Damien
04-05-2004, 10:30
Basically its do I want to have a club game with cups and leagues and arsenal v man united or do I want a national game thats really detailed and is the perfect companion to the real thing?

djstevie
04-05-2004, 16:25

djstevie
04-05-2004, 16:28
I dont know what platform u want to play these on but if its say the x-box then i'd go for fifa 2004 cause i had a demo disc of Euro 2004 and i wasnt too keen on it at all....the only thing i liked about it was the crowd noises which were pretty cool but Fifa was more enjoyable in a playing sense.

If your talkin about the pc then Pro Ev is by far the best footy game and if u download the superpatch and all the new international strips and the euro 2004 adboards etc its by far the most realistic and better footie game.

hawkseye000
04-05-2004, 17:51
Please Please Please can this topic stay above the "EA ARE RUBBISH" stuffAh well it seems ive got nothing to say then :naughty:

Simcut
16-05-2004, 00:56
Euro 2004 is a big step in the right direction, FIFA 2004 was a big letdown I have to say.

There are FIFA 2005 Trailers that EA have released that look fantastic, you can do that famous Bergkamp move that he did against Newcastle for Arsenal (damn him - I'm an NUFC fan ;))