PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling my NTL

DbzDP
01-05-2004, 21:24
I had NTL for 1 year now, and I haven't canceled it, I am thinking of canceling it now, but I pasted the 1 year mark, it its now been nearly a month since I had NTL can i cancel for free or do I got to pay?

Nikko
01-05-2004, 22:23
Even though you have pasted, you can still cut..... :eek:

Seriously, tho, I think you have to give a month's notice and will be charged for the time you have the service(s)

homealone
01-05-2004, 22:46
Even though you have pasted, you can still cut..... :eek:

Seriously, tho, I think you have to give a month's notice and will be charged for the time you have the service(s)

amusing analogy, Nikko :D:

afaik the contract is for 12 months minimum, which has been fulfilled, so yes 1 months notice. :)

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but there may be the possibility of paying 'up front' for some services beyond the cut-off date, which will be refunded in the final bill?

andrew_wallasey
02-05-2004, 16:07
You ever heard about the grass is not always green on the other side. I am not saying NTL is perfect but in comparison to ADSL their cable modem sevice ****es all over it.

Matth
02-05-2004, 17:16
Out of the frying pan, and into the fire!
Some of the cheaper ADSL's have cap limits that make NTL's "guideline" look fantastically generous.

If NTL could just get the trimmings right, it would be a great service, instead of one frequently moaned about.

th'engineer
02-05-2004, 19:44
NTL are a lot more compeditive now faster speeds stick with em

Nidge
03-05-2004, 09:05

Just the mail and the service thats rubbish, when are they increasing the speed anyway??

Neil
03-05-2004, 09:09

So faster download speeds makes up for all the pi$$ poor customer service does it? :rolleyes:

Fickle to say the least.....

andrew_wallasey
03-05-2004, 11:05
I wouldnt say the customer service was that bad. I dunno I must have just been lucky the main problems I have had are with contractors.

Neil
03-05-2004, 11:32
I wouldnt say the customer service was that bad. I dunno I must have just been lucky the main problems I have had are with contractors.

Isn't that still service that you receive as a customer?

andrew_wallasey
03-05-2004, 11:34
Yer but most people say that customer service (I.e. people on the phone) are rubbish but I don't agree thats what I meant. Apart from the odd one they have always been able to sort everything out for me.

Matuka
03-05-2004, 11:34
Given that you should have just received notice of a price rise, you have the right to cancel it as per the contract.

As you have passed 12 months then yes you can cancel it, you must give them 1 onths notice, you can do this by phone however I seriously reccomended that you back this up in writing sent by recorded delivery.
IN the letter mention the cut off date, that you want an acknowledgemnt of the leter, your reasons for finishing, and that Azad has smelly feet :D

Neil
03-05-2004, 11:42
Yer but most people say that customer service (I.e. people on the phone) are rubbish but I don't agree thats what I meant. Apart from the odd one they have always been able to sort everything out for me.

Sorry, I don't agree. :angel:

To me, service is service-period.

I'm not interested in whether they work for XYZ Limited or not, at the end of the day they are representing a company that I pay money to, & I expect good service.

Pea-Pod
03-05-2004, 15:23
Don't you allready pay a month in advance when you get your next bill, it always has the next month paid for? So by rights if you phone to cancel your NTL contract you should not have to pay the month advance you have to give them, because you allready paid it when you paid your last bill amount.

Matuka
03-05-2004, 23:21
Yep...
HAving paid for my month's notice period I shall only be paying them for the calls used during that period.

If your on Direct Debit then I'd suggest cancelling it & making the final payements manualy.
That way you control whats paid to them & they will not end up owing you.

Flip
04-05-2004, 11:25
Over the past year I've had a lot of torrid times, but weighing it all up the good times have outweighed the bad....mostly...

Being vocal seems to have helped...alot...:angel:

I cannot fault the majority of tech or cs folks that I get in touch with...

Only one engineer has come out and caused me to headbut the dog (jk) but that was this time last year...

I made it clear then and do now I am happy to stay as long as the service they supply is the one I signed up for.

Fingers crossed, touching wood and throwing salt over my shoulder, this past 10 days has been pretty good...nothing a musical chairs with a proxy hasn't cured...

Memo to Me : Must not tempt fate...must not tempt fate (repeat 100 times) :D