PDA

View Full Version : slow pc

hairy_mick
30-04-2004, 22:32
Just today noticed pc was slow 2500+ amd 256meg pc3200 120gig 160gig + 2 optical drives went in windows task manager and cpu usage 100% into processes and guest was hoging with msmsgs.exe stopped this and system went to normal question is this normal or is it a infection I run avg and nothing found I am behind router I disconnected from the internet while checking with task manager and ad-aware now cpu is only 2%

Defiant
30-04-2004, 22:37
Just today noticed pc was slow 2500+ amd 256meg pc3200 120gig 160gig + 2 optical drives went in windows task manager and cpu usage 100% into processes and guest was hoging with msmsgs.exe stopped this and system went to normal question is this normal or is it a infection I run avg and nothing found I am behind router I disconnected from the internet while checking with task manager and ad-aware now cpu is only 2%Hmm there are trojans and virus's that wont show up on some antivirus software. I found this out the hard way.

1: Try control alt delete and see whats taking up all the cpu usage.

2: get a command prompt and try netstat -a and see what the results are

Ps when was the last time you defraged it?

hairy_mick
30-04-2004, 23:00
Thanks defiant i defraged not to long ago but i think i will start from new as the c drive has quite a bit on it i shall put all the data on the other dics that might speed things up a bit.