PDA

View Full Version : Unable to upload

~Dan~
28-04-2004, 14:33
I hope this is the right forum for this, as I think it relates to the web proxy in some way.

Basically, I can upload fine when it's to an ftp, but whenever I upload through a web-based uploader (such as uploading to a yahoo briefcase, yahoo group, any webspace that doesn't have ftp) the data gets corrupted. I've tried many times, downloading the file after I uploaded, and it's always corrupted. Things were fine, but since getting ntl broadband I can't upload.

I've a feeling it's something to do with ntl's webcache, which works differently to any other isp I've used, often serving me up old pages instead of the current one. I've tried using a proxy webcache (putting it in tools-options-connections-lan settings-proxy) but this didn't change things.

Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a way to fix it?

Paul
28-04-2004, 16:09
It maybe the transparent caches.

When you say "I've tried using a proxy webcache" what do you mean exactly ?

~Dan~
28-04-2004, 23:35
It maybe the transparent caches.

When you say "I've tried using a proxy webcache" what do you mean exactly ?I went to a proxy site, found the ip of a proxy ip in some other country that was accepting connections through port 80 and went into tools-options-connections-lan settings-proxy and entered it in there. It's worked in the past for enabling me to resume a broken download from a site that wouldn't let me resume any other way, and the data downloaded fine, but when I tried this method to upload the data still got corrupted.

EDIT: Well, I was nearly doing the right thing. I just re-read something in the knowledgebase about setting a proxy and that said to use port 8080 (normally IE connects through port 80 doesn't it?) Anyway, I went into those settings again, entered the name of my local ntl proxy, port 8080, and bingo, it works fine now!