PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed today NTL issues in Coventry

SB3100
26-04-2004, 13:11
Received a letter in reply to my complaint today, and it says that there are issues they are aware of in the Coventry area, they have made some adjustments (which have improved the service to some users) but not to expect anything until at least May, I was told April last month, so come May I am sure it will change again to June, then July, then Aug......etc etc

Anyone know what exacly they are planning to do in this area?

Flip
26-04-2004, 18:57
This is the same issue I assume as in warwick...we have had troubles now for many months...I can also assume ntl will not expect payment until May?

Doubt it....:mad:

Chris W
26-04-2004, 18:59
judging by the time scale, i would guess it is some sort of major hardware replacement.

banjo
26-04-2004, 19:34
Is this why my page loading has been as slow as the slowest thing you have ever seen ?

td444
26-04-2004, 23:30
NTL are doing something about it - I can confirm that - connection upstream & downstream were both good , but latency was all over the place and sometimes I couldnt even sync (not enough capacity on upstreams). Its now sorted , and is performing just fine.

BTW you are entitled to compenstation for the poor performance/stability. I got 1 1/2 months refunded as credit to my account.

You could always use this time to leave too ;-)

Flip
26-04-2004, 23:44
I was given 6 weeks refund 10 days ago...still NOT confirmed...another say six weeks till end of May would help, but to be honest you may be right...I hear the Pipex a calling...trouble is I need BT line....I see hassle sorting all that out...then switching cable tv to sky...hassle....

Man we just want our service...being back on 56k equivilant is baaaad.....:(

C'mon ntl you've got a customer here who wants to stay...write my son a nice letter explaining it's not ya dad's fault and send him a nice cheque to make up for being unable to play online for almost 2 months....he's a future customer too ya know....:D

Neil
27-04-2004, 00:13
I was given 6 weeks refund 10 days ago...still NOT confirmed...another say six weeks till end of May would help, but to be honest you may be right...I hear the Pipex a calling...trouble is I need BT line....I see hassle sorting all that out...then switching cable tv to sky...hassle....

No hassle there my friend.....

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=89078&postcount=1

HTH.

Flip
27-04-2004, 10:17
Hey nice piece man...you know my son is hassling me to do this, my wife just wants it all sorted out as she's sick of hearing us bitching about the bloody problems - it really is affecting family harmony - call me old fashioned but I'm a pretty loyal kind of fellah...

I just wish ntl would at least contact me to let me know that SOMETHING is planned/happening and offer some form of apology...written, verbal or preferably a nice fat credit hehe...

I was told once that if people get a good service with anything they tend to tell one person...if they get a bad service from something they tend to tell the world...

ntl aren't helping themselves by NOT telling all of us who are affected by my areas ongoing problems...I've been ignored in emails...confused by indifferent customer service etc etc..

I wanna stay, but the point is are ntl at all interested in keeping me?