PDA

View Full Version : Someone must be bored!!

Maggy
25-04-2004, 21:56
That someone is my 15 year old son who has gone up to the loft and found the old Amiga CD32 console.It was getting a bit iffy when I put it away so I'm surprised it works.However the game Liberation which I would be most interested in playing won't work but he's happy playing James Pond 3.

So now I have not only his XBox to fight about when wanting to watch TV. :rolleyes:

Anything not to revise for his exams next month. :rolleyes:

Incog. :)

MadGamer
25-04-2004, 22:05
Well im not bored as such but im bored in a sense, that im not really upto any gaming at the moment. id rather go on the Internet instead.

Jarandco
25-04-2004, 22:16
Anything not to revise for his exams next month. :rolleyes:

Here here, i cant get into bloody revision anyway, its boring me, although i dont seem to do anything else productive when i cud be revising, id rather be working than revising! (Hecne why i look forward to saturdays! :D )

Maggy
27-04-2004, 00:47
The annoying thing was that he had b*lloxed the video channel so I couldn't watch the programme I had recorded. :mad:

Oh well it's sorted now.

He's now trying to buy one on Ebay as about 2/3rds of the games won't work on ours.He's already been outbid and is fuming!!AS I said to him I'm not paying more than I originally paid for it,they are second hand after all.

So if anyone has a working Amiga CD32 for sale let me know. ;)

Incog

Tezcatlipoca
27-04-2004, 00:51
AS I said to him I'm not paying more than I originally paid for it,they are second hand after all.

Ah, but now they're collectables ;)

You could try an Amiga emulator maybe?

Maggy
27-04-2004, 00:58
Ah, but now they're collectables ;)

You could try an Amiga emulator maybe?

Yeah well I gathered that.Pity most of the games that were produced for it were cr@p. Rise of the Robots and Microcosym for two.Shudder!!

Pity we can't play Liberation though!!Although Beneath a Steel Sky still works.

Maggy
27-04-2004, 20:33
well it went for £64.I think thats nuts!!

Incog.

Tezcatlipoca
27-04-2004, 22:16
Yeah well I gathered that.Pity most of the games that were produced for it were cr@p. Rise of the Robots and Microcosym for two.Shudder!!

Pity we can't play Liberation though!!Although Beneath a Steel Sky still works.

Yeah, the CD32 never really took off, so didn't get anywhere near as many games as the normal Amigas did.

£64? Why not sell yours? ;)

Jarandco
27-04-2004, 22:46
Did you know tehres a Beneth The Steel Sky 2 being made for PC! :D Should be good!

Maggy
28-04-2004, 00:01
Yeah, the CD32 never really took off, so didn't get anywhere near as many games as the normal Amigas did.

£64? Why not sell yours? ;)

Because it is a bit iffy.It will only play about a third of the games that we have.

gary_580
28-04-2004, 11:34
Could always run an emulator on your PC and play the games on here. Then you wont have TV issues!!

Maggy
28-04-2004, 21:42
I can't get a copy of Liberation!!! :(

MadGamer
28-04-2004, 23:56
Could always run an emulator on your PC and play the games on here. Then you wont have TV issues!! Errm aren't Emulators illegal???

dilli-theclaw
29-04-2004, 00:00
I used to use my Amiga CD32 as a cdrom drive for my Amiga 1200 :) I still have the 1200 but unfortunately I sold the cd32 :(

Tezcatlipoca
29-04-2004, 00:26
Errm aren't Emulators illegal???

Obtaining games for running on emulators can be illegal, e.g. downloading ROM images of SNES/MD/N64 games etc.

Emulators themselves...not illegal. Certainly not all of them, anyway.

As for the Amiga: There is a legal & officially licensed Amiga emulator pack available. It uses the free WinUAE emulator together with officially licensed Kickstart ROM images, & is available from www.amigaforever.com. Not sure about using one for CD32 games though.

Tristan
29-04-2004, 01:41
You know you can download Beneath A Steel Sky for the PC scott free, and legally?

http://www.freeloader.com/content/freeloader/en/games/bob/?fl_bob_cid=12;fl_bob_phase=info

Whatever happened to the adventure game? :(

Damien
02-05-2004, 10:15
If you like adventure games I have known about this, its a adventure creator and player

www.adrift.org.uk