PDA

View Full Version : XBOX: Win an 'Eggs'Box!

Caspar
18-07-2003, 02:37
Well, that took them a few brains cells to think up!

Lion Quality Eggs are running a competition to win one of 250 XBOXs!

See further defails here (http://xbox.bta.com/default.taf).

That's nice of them!...but why Eggs!...maybe the play on words is enough for them! :p

Jarandco
18-07-2003, 10:05
Thanks for the link Casapr ive gone in for that comp now!
Be good if i won another xbox - not sure exactly what i would do with it but it would be cool!

Caspar
18-07-2003, 10:35
Originally posted by Jarandco
Thanks for the link Casapr ive gone in for that comp now!
Be good if i won another xbox - not sure exactly what i would do with it but it would be cool!

*cough* Sell it on ebay! *cough*

...works out quite well, The ebay ABC XBOX guide (http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=806) ;)

Jarandco
18-07-2003, 10:38
lol- i might get more if i sell it to a mate!

Caspar
18-07-2003, 10:42
lol- i might get more if i sell it to a mate!

I'm glad I ain't your mate :p

Jarandco
18-07-2003, 10:56
Originally posted by Caspar
I'm glad I ain't your mate :p

lol - well u dont always get the right amount on ebay - but i know someone who wants one so if i had won ( which i havent!:( ) i would have sold it to him!! for about 100?

zoombini
18-07-2003, 13:24
I entered too.. methinks very little chance of winning.
Although I wonder how many actually know about it and entered?

Were not only going to get more SPAM now, were going to get it scrambled, fried & boiled.

The wife was only saying yesterday that near xmas if we can find a new xbox/controller/games for £100 we can get another.

MovedGoalPosts
18-07-2003, 13:43

Surely you set up your own X-Box network, forget LIVE, do it yourself in your own living room - at least no more split screen multiplay.

zoombini
18-07-2003, 14:54
Or you could have a friend round to play those single player online games together.... I look forward to xmas..

Arges
18-07-2003, 16:40
Originally posted by zoombini
I entered too.. methinks very little chance of winning.
Although I wonder how many actually know about it and entered?

Actually, you could well have a reasonable chance of winning. Its only a small promotion being run though Independent retailers, and so it will only attract a small number of entries.

You can also enter by Text: by sending the word Xbox to 84070 (cost 25p) or by Phone: call 0901 380 1900 (also 25p).

Is cutting edge sales promotion at its best. Bill Gates should speak to the people that pulled it together for Lion!

zoombini
18-07-2003, 22:03
I have already lost !!!

got this in the mail

Sorry but you have not been successful in winning an Xbox.
Better luck next time.

Why donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t you download our funky Lion Quality eggs recipe book designed especially for those who have entered the Xbox promotion?

For best results save the file to your desktop and then double click to open

http://xbox.bta.com/eggxboxrecipes.exe

So what sort of competition is that? daily? weekly? or just a way of harvesting names, addresses and emails accounts?.

I wonder how many times I can enter?

Arges
21-07-2003, 13:19
Its not actually a competition. Basically its an instant win prize draw. You will be selected at random if your a winner or not. Nothing more to it than that.

You can enter as many times as you want.

Mr_love_monkey
21-07-2003, 16:32
Originally posted by Arges

You can enter as many times as you want.

hmm... I wonder what they would do if you wrote a program to enter your details every few minutes....

Caspar
21-07-2003, 16:35
Originally posted by Mr_love_monkey
hmm... I wonder what they would do if you wrote a program to enter your details every few minutes....

dunno....but if 'you' could...you probably wouldn't bother cause you'd be on dosh loads'a'cash from your job ;)

Boom
21-07-2003, 16:38
I could do it with a load testing tool at work, but I'd either get sued for spamming and I would need to create multiple mail accounts. Any which way, I'd probably get caught by the people running the contest.

Originally posted by Mr_love_monkey

Caspar
21-07-2003, 16:42
Originally posted by Boom
I could do it with a load testing tool at work, but I'd either get sued for spamming and I would need to create multiple mail accounts. Any which way, I'd probably get caught by the people running the contest.

mmm....but the real reason you wont do it is because >>>

dunno....but if 'you' could...you probably wouldn't bother cause you'd be on dosh loads'a'cash from your job ;)

;)

Mr_love_monkey
21-07-2003, 16:48

Hey, we developers don't earn that much, and a free x-box is a free x-box... :)

Anyway, my first thought was just to generate a url that would pass across all the required fields, but having quickly looked at the html source, I've noticed that it generates a 'user reference' for each visit, so you'd have to actually visit the page to get that reference - so it's plan B instead... now where did I put that web spider/bot I wrote......?

Mr_love_monkey
21-07-2003, 19:08
Would any one like a copy of my 'helper' java program that will submit your details every x minutes? - purely for educational purposes of course/.

zoombini
22-07-2003, 15:55
me,me,me....

I like eggs.... :D