PDA

View Full Version : Mod colour?!

OStickO
17-07-2003, 20:22
sup homies!
am planning on modding my pc, blow holes, side fans window etc etc, and i plan on following a certain colour scheme throught out
i need a colour that looks godo and that i wont get ****ed off with cus its too bright...
i was thinking of some nice blue led fans, cold cathodes and round ide cables + possibly an aqua neon cable in my keyboard!
what other colours would go well?
j

Ramrod
17-07-2003, 20:27
Originally posted by OStickO
sup homies!
am planning on modding my pc, blow holes, side fans window etc etc, and i plan on following a certain colour scheme throught out
i need a colour that looks godo and that i wont get ****ed off with cus its too bright...
i was thinking of some nice blue led fans, cold cathodes and round ide cables + possibly an aqua neon cable in my keyboard!
what other colours would go well?
j
I always thought neon blue would look nice:)
....btw, what car do you drive?:D

dilli-theclaw
17-07-2003, 20:49
I like blue myself.

Not a very good picture I know... but it is my 1st attempt at modding anything.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/thomas.tarn/CASE/P7040003.JPG

the only thing i had to fit myself (although it did come in the kit) was the blue cathode light. Which is along the top.

By the way - it's not really as bright as it looks in the picture.. that's just cos i turned the flash off on my digicam so i could SEE the lights.

Ramrod
17-07-2003, 20:52
Diligaf, you bought one of those amstrad e-mail phones:D :rofl:

dilli-theclaw
17-07-2003, 20:54
Originally posted by Ramrod
Diligaf, you bought one of those amstrad e-mail phones:D :rofl:

NO - I told my missus I was having trouble with emails and SHE bought me one:(

handyman
17-07-2003, 20:56
ewww em@iler phone thats sucks. :rofl:

Word of advice get yourself itemised billing. Have seen one account make 1000 prem rate calls trying to send a wrongly adressed email :)

dilli-theclaw
17-07-2003, 20:58
Originally posted by handyman
ewww em@iler phone thats sucks.

Word of advice get yourself itemised billing. Have seen one account make 1000 prem rate calls trying to send a wrongly adressed email :)

All I can say is thank F**K you couldn't see what I have on my duvet cover in the background..... or you really WOULD laugh at me.... ;)

Anyway - I never EVER send emails with it. It's too late to do anything with it now.

Um.... the only good thing about it is the answer machine and the big clock on the screen :(

But as I never paid for it I don't really mind :LOL:

Ramrod
17-07-2003, 21:10
Originally posted by dilligaf1701
NO - I told my missus I was having trouble with emails and SHE bought me one:( awwww, it' the thought that counts:rofl: :D

Ramrod
17-07-2003, 21:14
All I can say is thank F**K you couldn't see what I have on my duvet cover in the background..... or you really WOULD laugh at me.... ;)

Anyway - I never EVER send emails with it. It's too late to do anything with it now.

Um.... the only good thing about it is the answer machine and the big clock on the screen :(

But as I never paid for it I don't really mind :LOL:
....and as for that duvet cover:D

OStickO
17-07-2003, 21:56
lol well im modding my hole case! and i might just go for that blue!
getting a blowhole cut, 2 side fan holes cut and hopefully and L shape window!

Tricky
18-07-2003, 22:21
Cool case but why? - I have never understood why people do this, do your mates come round and you compare lights?

Not having a dig just trying to understand your motives! - Doesn't the extra power requirements and lights cause extra heat therefore making your machine more likely to crash etc.

adj126
18-07-2003, 23:06

Toy Story?????????:D

Ramrod
18-07-2003, 23:37
Originally posted by adj126
Toy Story?????????:D It is, isn't it?:rofl: :D

Ramrod
18-07-2003, 23:39
Originally posted by Tricky
I have never understood why people do this, do your mates come round and you compare lights?

:rofl: :rofl: :LOL: :D That is *****ng funny:D ....compare lights .....excellent:D

Ramrod
19-07-2003, 00:00
Originally posted by OStickO
lol well im modding my hole case! and i might just go for that blue!
getting a blowhole cut, 2 side fan holes cut and hopefully and L shape window! Good for you. Just make sure that your 'puters components are as good as it is going to look.:)

OStickO
19-07-2003, 00:35
lol nah, i only play half life and cs, but i need to upgrade graphics soon to be able to run half life 2!!
in reply to why i do this, at first i started out and thought i need more cooling cus my syystem is getting hot in the v hot weather plus i dont have anyother fans part from cpu psu and gfx ones! but then i thought why not get led fans while im at it, make the case look good, then i thought why not get a window!

dilli-theclaw
19-07-2003, 06:05
Originally posted by Tricky
Cool case but why? - I have never understood why people do this, do your mates come round and you compare lights?

Not having a dig just trying to understand your motives! - Doesn't the extra power requirements and lights cause extra heat therefore making your machine more likely to crash etc.

Actually I have this because I build a lot of computers for people and it's good to be able to show them what does what without me taking the side off my case.

... And I think it looks cool :D

As for extra power - there's a 550w psu in there and 7 fans - so no there's not excess heat and not too much power being used ;)

Never thought of comparing lights tho:)

dilli-theclaw
19-07-2003, 06:07
It is, isn't it?:rofl: :D

Nope - but close :D

Caspar
19-07-2003, 09:29
My local computer ship sells all of these modded cases as standard....they have a few of them all plugged in, [to compare the lights you know ;)]

....but one caught my eye.....on the transparent side of tower..it had a fish tank, very narrow about 1.5 to 2 inch thick of water and pebbles....with those magnetic fish....wow I thought :D

..I'll see if I can find a pic on their website....

Tricky
19-07-2003, 09:47
....but one caught my eye.....on the transparent side of tower..it had a fish tank, very narrow about 1.5 to 2 inch thick of water and pebbles....with those magnetic fish....wow I thought :D [/B]

Now that's a good idea
I would be neat if you could have multiple lights that say turned from blue to red once the processor %age or heat got above a certain level ... mmm wonder if I could patent that?

Steve H
19-07-2003, 10:15
Ordered your case dilli ;)

OStickO
19-07-2003, 11:39
lol tbh mate i have seen many modded cases, ive seen a full tower case, in the top was his fish tank! complete with REAL not magnetic fish! its completely seperated from the electronic parts of the pc so nothingcan get damged if there were a leak!

OStickO
19-07-2003, 11:40
oh forgot to mention, my mate has only a 250Watt psu, runnin his pc, and he has an excess of 10 fans, and a gf fx5800 takin power! fans dont need that much power tbh!

Seb
19-07-2003, 13:04
They have that case in my local computer store too. Heres the picture:
http://www.crazypc.com/images/cases/caseaccessories/windowpanels/aquariumfull.jpg

Ramrod
19-07-2003, 15:07
Nope - but close :D Bob the Builder?:D

dilli-theclaw
19-07-2003, 15:13
Bob the Builder?:D

Nope - but it IS a childrens cartoon... sci fi ish tho.:D

Stuart
19-07-2003, 15:28