PDA

View Full Version : F-Zero connectivity not to be available outisde Japan

Boom
17-07-2003, 12:35
I'll probably still get the game...like I'd ever go to an arcade!

Off Spong's site:

Lukewarm feedback and western memory card blackout revealed inside.

We can reveal that the heavily-touted link-up between the GameCube and TriForce versions of F-Zero, with data transferred via the GameCube Memory Card, will only feature in the Japanese release of the game, with western F-Zero coin-op cabinets bereft of the necessary slot.

This startling news will no doubt come as a blow to gamers in the US and Europe, whoââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ll no doubt be asking why this has happened. Itââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s simply the age-old problem of Japanese companies deciding that such features are either unsuitable for or unattractive to a western audience. You will remember that similar systems, as pioneered by SNK for the Neo Geo and followed by Sega for Naomi-Dreamcast linkage, were also not officially released outside of Japan.

The MCRD Card system, as seen in Initial D Arcade Stage, will be available throughout the world, however.

In other F-Zero news, sources close to Sega have disclosed that F-Zero machines in test locations in Japan have performed below expectations, with apathy abounding for the key Sega/Nintendo collaboration. Indeed, we were told that the cause of the slippage of F-Zero is to buy Amusement Vision and Nintendo enough time to discern exactly why the coin operated incarnation of the game has not been as appealing to players as was hoped.

This news was compounded by Famitsu, Japanââ‚ƚ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s most influential gaming weekly, giving the GameCube version of F-Zero 32/40, which although not disastrous, isnââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t the seal of approval the development team will have been hoping for. Reviewers complained that the game was too fast †“ strange, given that the speed of the game is one its key selling pointsââ‚Ã⠀šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦

Weâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ll bring you everything on F-Zero as we get it.

TigaSefi
17-07-2003, 12:43
Interesting :p well I am still going to get the game, I hope they don't slow it down. I like my speed :)

Boom
17-07-2003, 12:45
Don't know how people can complain about speed. The whole point of the game is to have fast reflexs.

Jarandco
17-07-2003, 16:36
Yeah this game should be good shame we have to wait for all the newer versions of the old nintendo games!

ic14
17-07-2003, 19:04
Why are they complaining that its fast, its meant to be!

As long as its as good as F-Zero x i dont mind!

Boom
23-07-2003, 18:29
More bad news for the FreeLoader types here.

http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=5002

ic14
23-07-2003, 18:54
I knew Nintendo/AV had something up there sleeves...

Boom
25-07-2003, 10:55
There's a statement on Spong (http://www.spong.com) concerning Freeloader and F-Zero :

ic14
25-07-2003, 10:59
So its because it doesnt have all the english text in it yet!
That explains things..

Boom
31-07-2003, 11:57
How much extra ***** do you have to buy to get a Jap Cube game to work in Europe? Apparently the work around for F-zero is to use Action Replay.

http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=5059

TigaSefi
31-07-2003, 12:25
Yeah but hang on a bit longer and u can get it from the US or even UK in October. It'll be worth it.

Boom
31-07-2003, 12:27
I don't have Freeloader so I was going to wait anyway. :D

Originally posted by TigaSefi
Yeah but hang on a bit longer and u can get it from the US or even UK in October. It'll be worth it.

zerolight
05-08-2003, 11:30
i got the game from yes asia for 35 notes, and action replay online for 15 notes. its an incredible game. had i waited till its UK release it would be competing with and losing out to Amped 2 and Sega GT Online. Hence the import.

Anyway. Very fast. Very Smooth, even in multiplayer. No slowdown. No pop up. Lovely looks. Excellent tracks (mostly). Some are a bit naff... but most are top notch. It even has some nice nods to the original F-zero in some of the more complex tracks, with tight 90 degree turns and jumps.

All round excellent racer. You'll love it.

Fzero GX and Winning Eleven 6 FE are really the only reasons to own a GC. Sunshine and Zelda were such let downs by comparison.

TigaSefi
05-08-2003, 11:47
I think all 4 are good enough to own a GC :D I can't wait for my F-Zero to arrive in Autumn.