PDA

View Full Version : So, are NTL going to charge me for this?

cookie_365
20-04-2004, 18:13
I've had 600k BB for just a couple of days shy of a month now, not a previous customer.

They took my credit card number when I booked the installation.

I've not had a bill yet, and nothings gone out from my credit card.

I had a look at the online billing via the NTL webpage but apparantly it isn't avaiable in my franchise area yet.

So, what happens next? Any idea when I'll get a bill (or get cut off for not paying a non existant one!)?

I don't want to ask NTL directly in case I've rolled a double six and managed to slip through the net!

Cheers

Graham F
20-04-2004, 18:26
I would of thought you should fo had your first bill by now, the only way to find out what is going on is to ring ntl

Hell's Child
20-04-2004, 18:28
So, what happens next? Any idea when I'll get a bill (or get cut off for not paying a non existant one!)?

I don't want to ask NTL directly in case I've rolled a double six and managed to slip through the net!

Cheers
Personally, I'd ring and check, I have seen a case of this before and for some reason the cc had been rejected and she built up arrears of £100+ in the space of 3 months.

They should have sent you a bill via post/e-mail within about 7 days of your service being switched on.
Like I say, If for whatever reason the payment method has been rejected/entered incorrectly you will only end up getting hacked off in a month when a big bill drops on your step. Give them a ring, because it's easier to sort out BEFORE the probelm happens as oppsed to after!!!

andygrif
21-04-2004, 10:24
Quite right....even if you have slipped through the net, it will catch up with you at some point. I think OFCOM regulations state that they have up to six months from the service date to bill you, and as they have your credit card, I doubt you'd want £150 billed to your card just before Christmas!

Honesty is always the best policy, you're getting the service, it's time to 'fess up!!

cookie_365
21-04-2004, 20:15
Quite right....even if you have slipped through the net, it will catch up with you at some point. I think OFCOM regulations state that they have up to six months from the service date to bill you, and as they have your credit card, I doubt you'd want £150 billed to your card just before Christmas!

Honesty is always the best policy, you're getting the service, it's time to 'fess up!!
Thanks all - not so much worried about getting a big backdated bill, just getting cut off! I've emailed them to draw a bit of attention to myself. Don't fancy spending 3/4 an hour calling them on my mobe unless I have to ....:erm:

gooner4life
21-04-2004, 20:17
cookie what area are you in?

If its within my region id be happy to give you a call and get this sorted out for you.

paulyoung666
21-04-2004, 20:20
cookie what area are you in?

If its within my region id be happy to give you a call and get this sorted out for you.

very good of you to offer , could a mod vouch for g4l , @ g4l please dont take this the wrong way , i am not having a go at you , i just want to make sure everything is legit :)

zoombini
22-04-2004, 08:19
Dont forget that for the first month or so you may be getting one of those offers where it is free?

And then later on some bright spark computer charges you... maybe not at first, but 6 months afterwards when its doing a check on the account. :D

gooner4life
22-04-2004, 14:33
very good of you to offer , could a mod vouch for g4l , @ g4l please dont take this the wrong way , i am not having a go at you , i just want to make sure everything is legit :)

No problem paul, no offence taken at all, peoples personal information is personal information after all!

cookie_365
24-04-2004, 20:19
Thanks for all your suggestions; gave them a bell and it looks like they've taken payment in the last coupla days & sent the bill by email - maybe I need to check my outlook filters! They're sending a copy by snail.