PDA

View Full Version : Energis action abuse report

altis
19-04-2004, 10:42
On Thursday I received an email with a Netsky.P virus from someone on pol.co.uk. These appear to be owned/run by Energis so I reported this to abuse@energis.com with a copy of the header. Almost immediately, I received an automated reply with a ticket number. I expected to hear no more but today, Monday, I received another email from them reporting that they taken appropriate action.Dear Sir or Madam,

Following investigation of your report we can confirm that one of our users has a virus infected system. This means the virus was almost certainly sent without the knowledge of the sender (several viruses use their own SMTP mailer and do not rely on the mail client of the infected host).

We have traced the account in question and locked the account holder's outgoing mail capability. We have sent the account holder notification of the likely infection, and issued them with instructions on the course of action they should take to ensure removal of the virus. Only when the customer contacts us to confirm they have removed the virus, will we reinstate their outgoing mail facility.
Well done Energis!

Nemesis
19-04-2004, 10:45
:D :tu: yep well done

iadom
19-04-2004, 11:18
I have had replies from ISP's that did not come as autoresponders, but none a precise as that.

Excellent work Energis.

Flubflow
19-04-2004, 11:34
Exact same thing happened for me with Energis last week. Pretty good aren't they. If only the rest of them were as efficient as that.

Chris
19-04-2004, 11:39
Just shows you what you can do if you try. :tu:

Stuartbe
19-04-2004, 11:51
:tu: well done Energis :)

If only more ISP's would follow there example !!

Paul
19-04-2004, 12:48
Very good. :)

In comparison - I reported one to NTL and it subsequently stopped :tu: - but I never got any notification that this was a result of action by NTL :td:.