PDA

View Full Version : NTL's 5 Star Service - Yes you heard me right?!

Seb
16-07-2003, 21:29
For all of you on this site that get annoyed with everyone slating NTL, and not praising them i have found this (http://community.ntl.com/news/news_display.php?news_id=26) on the NTL: community site:

A recent survey carried out by The Sunday Mirror has awarded ntl:home 5 stars for customer service.
The Sunday national telephoned the Customer Service call centres of 12 of the UK's leading companies, including BT, Vodfaone, Orange & EasyJet.com and tested their customer service teams. Each firm's star rating was determined based on speed, advice & friendliness.

The survey concluded that out of all 12 surveyed, ntl:home offered a 5 star service - the only company to receive top marks.

So theres the praise that so many of you have wanted to see on this site... However Ii have my opinion :)

You can all make your own judgement (from experience) but have these 5 stars been awarded for the longest telephone queues every? Or did they do their 'research' on a Sunday afternoon, when every other person in the UK was out sunbathing? :cool: Maybe we could contact the Sunday Mirror and ask them which telephone number they used, then we could all experience a ' 5 star service'

Seb

matty4donna
16-07-2003, 21:31
well i must admit i always seem to get through to ntl: very quickly. :)

But i always have ever since we were Nynex lol! :D

dingosar
16-07-2003, 21:57
well as a rule i don't have to wait in a queue for very long to CS or to TS in fact i think that the service responce times are quite good compared to some others that i have used in the past , but maybe i am just lucky . :) :) :)

ntlrebel
16-07-2003, 22:11
Originally posted by Seb
For all of you on this site that get annoyed with everyone slating NTL, and not praising them i have found this (http://community.ntl.com/news/news_display.php?news_id=26) on the NTL: community site:

So theres the praise that so many of you have wanted to see on this site... However Ii have my opinion :)

You can all make your own judgement (from experience) but have these 5 stars been awarded for the longest telephone queues every? Or did they do their 'research' on a Sunday afternoon, when every other person in the UK was out sunbathing? :cool: Maybe we could contact the Sunday Mirror and ask them which telephone number they used, then we could all experience a ' 5 star service'

Seb

The facts have been given to you by an independent inquiry but you still choose to **** of Ntl.

Good constructive critisism. http://www.masterlymayhem.com/page/page2/26.gif

Seb
16-07-2003, 22:54
Nah its not critisism i have just had a bad evening, been pushed over the edge in some other threads. Its just i see so many people complaining about CS, so just wanted to keep them informed. I dont really have too much probs with CS, cant say i call it very often, however i have found Vodafone to be far more efficient + helpful than NTL in the past.

KingPhoenix
16-07-2003, 22:59
Originally posted by Seb
Nah its not critisism i have just had a bad evening, been pushed over the edge in some other threads. Its just i see so many people complaining about CS, so just wanted to keep them informed. I dont really have too much probs with CS, cant say i call it very often, however i have found Vodafone to be far more efficient + helpful than NTL in the past.

You found Vodafone helpful?????? :eek: :eek:

MikeyB
16-07-2003, 23:16
I got though in a couple of minutes this evening to order my broadband :) the lady was vary polite, and knew her stuff, so no problems there,

Let's hope they live up to 5 stars on Monday morning when they come to install it :)

Oh, why can't it be Monday morning now :(

Lord Nikon
16-07-2003, 23:44
here's my experience

Phone NTL on 1503 - navigate the menu, talk to someone within 2 minutes.. solve problem either over the phone, or within 1 working day, if it involves outage then I tend to get a month free..

Phone Orange... navigate a menu which is BS, wait on hold 30+ minutes (ALWAYS phone orange from a contract phone, its EXPENSIVE from a landline or a PAYG phone) and get passed round 10 depts before being told they can't help...

Phone BT, spend 20 mins on hold, explain problem 3 times to CS reps. then ask to speak to the one with the brain (it changes)
eventually, tell BT to take their services and shove them.

so, in my experience - FULL credit to NTL CS

Undisputedtruth
17-07-2003, 01:03
I contacted NTL on Tuesday. After 10 minutes I was experiencing neck ache so I put the phone on speaker facility. For the next 40 minutes, the phone blurted out the usual dross "you call is very important to us", right! My colleague, 5 metres away got extremely annoyed by the noise so I had to abandon the call after 50 minutes.

Oh why, oh why do I have to wait so long to speak to someone full of BS but not exactly full in the cerebral department! Bring me BT anytime.

El Diablo
17-07-2003, 01:24
Originally posted by Undisputedtruth
I contacted NTL on Tuesday. After 10 minutes I was experiencing neck ache so I put the phone on speaker facility. For the next 40 minutes, the phone blurted out the usual dross "you call is very important to us", right! My colleague, 5 metres away got extremely annoyed by the noise so I had to abandon the call after 50 minutes.

Oh why, oh why do I have to wait so long to speak to someone full of BS but not exactly full in the cerebral department! Bring me BT anytime.
:LOL: Sounds familiar to the experiences I've had with Network Solutions :notopic: It's even worse when they're American robot like service staff that cant digress from their scripts... especially when you've been on hold for the best part of an hour and still have to keep paying the transatlantic charges :shocked: :drunk:

Stephen Robb
26-07-2003, 17:14
5 star seems to work OK in Reading!

:D :D :D

Steve H
26-07-2003, 17:53
CS fine here as well.. tend to get through in 10 minutes or so... But haven't had to call them in a while, seeing as I havnt had any problems..

Sociable
26-07-2003, 21:15
CALL centres keep Britons hanging on the line for FIFTY MILLION hours a year.

Try reading that actual report in the Mirror and see what 5 stars means LOL

Best that can be said is NTL were best of a rather bad bunch based on how they answered the phone on one call which was not trying to resolve a problem or make a complaint.

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/news/page.cfm?objectid=13147629&method=full&siteid=106694

Guess the NTL - Internet service on 0800 0522000 was not too busy that day and the dialer likes Vivaldi. :)

But this is hardley an objective survey testing the efficiency of Call Centres and for NTL to be giving that impression on the Community site and elsewhere is deplorable.

absl
27-07-2003, 00:35

How does having that kind of attitude help anyone ?

Colin
27-07-2003, 13:03
it seems people are still remembering the way it used to be. i worked there when:-

There used to be over 200 in the call queue
Customers waiting for hours
Every call started with "do you know how long i have been waiting for"
Customers weren't called back
Everyone (including staff) was given a really crap time

now its

-place goes into a panic if there are 30 people waiting in the queue
-customers in general are not as pi$$ed off as they used to be
-staff are happier
-customers are happier
-people in general ARE getting called back as less call backs

Hands up you have to admit that the company is far better than the old days

Ouch
28-07-2003, 10:08
When I first started using ntl (2 years ago) the CS was very poor.

I remember waiting for over an hour to get through to the faults department with that bloody music driving me mad. Then the engineer wouldnt turn up so I would call again and find out that one hadnt been booked like I had been told.
So I'd book one and wait 2 days. Then an engineer would come out look at my cable modem just to confirm that it really was not working and do some tests that I could have done myself over the phone.
Then he would say that he needed to book another technician to fix it and then if I was lucky my service would work again a couple of days later.

Since then it has gradually improved and now I believe it to be a very good service. If I call about a cable modem fault I usually get through to someone who knows what I'm talking about when I discuss upstream channel and its effect on my ping and calls are answered very quickly now.

This improvement was confirmed this morning (Monday) when I found that my set top box had died during the night. I called the standard number (0800 052 2000) at 8.30am and it was answered almost immediately. After a brief check of identity and a note of the fault an engineer was booked for tomorrow morning. In all the call took less than 2 minutes and the CS guy at the other end was friendly and efficient. If the engineer turns up OK tomorrow and fixes it I will be very pleased indeed with service.

Its sooooo much better than it used to be and probably deserves a 5-star rating based on my recent experience

Andy

SMHarman
28-07-2003, 10:40
I called on Saturday lunch time as my second STB had forgotten some of the channels I was subscribed to.

Got through to customer sevices in 90 odd seconds, after taking a while to guess my NTL phone number.

Confirmed a few security details, sent reset codes and all fixed in 3 minutes.

Yes -much better

allanprg
28-07-2003, 16:52
Yes the CS is a lot better than the old days. Very much improved.Maybe the 5 star rating is worth it.:beer: :wavey:

Undisputedtruth
28-07-2003, 22:23
If NTL were offering such 5 star service then why have they lost 174,000 customers in 2002?

Steve H
28-07-2003, 22:43
Do you think the loss of customers is entirely down to the Customer Services though, UDP?

Lord Nikon
28-07-2003, 22:44
Could be a result of the Services offered to the Customer

grum1978
28-07-2003, 22:45
or the lack of money ntl had for advertising last year :)

Mark W
28-07-2003, 22:49
probably why they used their _user empowerment_ and moved suppliers?

Undisputedtruth
29-07-2003, 21:52
What makes the loss so astonishing is that it happened during the time of broadband rollout. You would of thought NTL would of increase their customers not lose them. I very much doubt marketing would of helped. Seems like customers did vote with their feet afterall. Well, I can't blame them. Probably had enough of the lying customer services.

Graham
30-07-2003, 20:32
Well here's a surprise, a compliment from me for NTL!

After the cockups with the broadband being unavailable for three days and them sending an engineer out to my place for an area wide fault and me needing to use an old dial up account to get online, I got my bill. Of course the dial up accounts had phone charges attached.

So I called up customer services (and actually got through with almost no waiting, after all the "press button 1" stuff, that is!)

I explained what had happened and said that I didn't think it was right that I should be charged for these dial up calls. The CS operator agreed and immediately said she would refund them!

So, I thought, as they're being nice, let's see what else we can get and I said that I shouldn't be charged for the BB either when it was unavailable.

"You're absolutely right, I'll put a credit onto next month's bill for that"!

Blimey!! :)

Lord Nikon
31-07-2003, 01:01
Someone on another forum on another site managed to get a month's free BB from 2 day's outage... Seems NTL have realised that they have to (to some degree) keep the customer happy to keep the customer.

Keep it up NTL

Colin
31-07-2003, 19:41
If NTL were offering such 5 star service then why have they lost 174,000 customers in 2002?

Exactly 2002. Most of the customers who left in 2002 joined in 2001 or earlier. Now these were the times that things were bad. and being an employee, i knew they were very bad. I think that things will be changing when we see this years. especially with all the people joining up with the Buy One Get One Free offers

Undisputedtruth
31-07-2003, 20:24
Originally posted by col d
Exactly 2002. Most of the customers who left in 2002 joined in 2001 or earlier. Now these were the times that things were bad. and being an employee, i knew they were very bad. I think that things will be changing when we see this years. especially with all the people joining up with the Buy One Get One Free offers

The only way NTL can gain customers are by giving away their services for free!

Other than that I can't see any good reasons for migrating to NTL.

Crap customer services.

Email system up the spout.

Cap on broadband usage.

Broadband more expensive than some ADSL services.

Poor communications from NTL to their customers.

Poor value telephone services compared to BT.

1471 not available in certain areas.

No free voice mail.

No free itemised billing on every phonecall over 0p.

Possibility of being given second hand modem.

Stealth charges levied on customers.

Colin
01-08-2003, 12:17
you obviously dont like NTL, but you can see by this post and other threads that people definetly think it has improved. With any business there are going to be unsatisfied customers, with a company that you love, other people will hate with a vengence. Thats life

col

Undisputedtruth
02-08-2003, 11:43
you obviously dont like NTL, but you can see by this post and other threads that people definetly think it has improved. With any business there are going to be unsatisfied customers, with a company that you love, other people will hate with a vengence. Thats life

col

So you are unable to argue against some of my comments so instead you attack me. The word lost the arguement springs to mind.

Colin
02-08-2003, 17:05
No attack at all, in fact i thought some of the commects made were totally out of order, but the fact that myself or indeed anyone elses views would change your mind, why argue about it at all. Even though i work for the company i had the services for quite a few years before hand, and never had a problem, i also speak to quite a few people a day who dont have problems. I presume you have disconnected your services as you are so unhappy. perhaps you should just live and let live

Undisputedtruth
02-08-2003, 18:34
No attack at all, in fact i thought some of the commects made were totally out of order, but the fact that myself or indeed anyone elses views would change your mind, why argue about it at all. Even though i work for the company i had the services for quite a few years before hand, and never had a problem, i also speak to quite a few people a day who dont have problems. I presume you have disconnected your services as you are so unhappy. perhaps you should just live and let live

Well if you're saying my comments are out of order then think again. What am I suppose to think when CSRs lie to me! They are effing liars - no 2 bits about it. It seems only NTL employers never have problems with their service. How reassuring is that?

Hopefully, the Indians will take over and give us the proper customer service we and the management been longing for.

Russ
03-08-2003, 08:10
Undisputed - normally I don't get involved in your passionate discussions regarding the CSRs at NTL but to dismiss them ALL as liars is way out of order. We all know the company has it's share of muppets and nuggets but they ARE in the minority, I can assure you that from my own experiences from working there. It's unfortunate that all the ones you've spoke to have tainted the image of the whole company but there are plenty who do a first class job whilst 'swimming against the tide' if you get my meaning.

Undisputedtruth
03-08-2003, 10:20
Russ D, I can accept there could be a few good CSRs. I'm sure someone like Mark W is also claiming that he is a good CSR but this did not stop him from lying on a particular post and all in the name of a nthell mod. Then he asks for the posts to be deleted when he could not win the argument. Is his behaviour acceptable?

To quote a phrase "you are only good as your weakest link" is relevant when discussing matters about good/bad CSRs.

The only way the good CSRs will get my respect is by deploring the behaviour of bad CSRs practices and promoting good CSRs practices. In other words, to distance themselves away from the bad CSRs as possible.

Mark W
04-08-2003, 09:00
Russ D, I can accept there could be a few good CSRs. I'm sure someone like Mark W is also claiming that he is a good CSR but this did not stop him from lying on a particular post and all in the name of a nthell mod. [/B]

:rolleyes: i did not lie UDT. you said you were confident it was not the stb that was at fault. You dont have any access to any diagnostic tools, and it would be againsed the T&C's to take it apart.Therefore it was reasonable to conclude that you did no more than look at it to decide this? how is that lying? unless of course you are saying you DID take it apart and found it to be in good working order? ;)

On a personal note, may i suggest that if you dropped the childish ventetta againsed anything/anyone ntl, than people might actually pay your posts some attention - as i dont doubt for a moment that you actually have some vaild points to make - and not just shrug them off as the ramblings of a 'troll' type member?

Tazfan
04-08-2003, 09:16
Been with NTL 4 years, and on the numerous times I have had to contact them, the CS has been fast and effiicient. I would certainly agree with the 5 stars.

Colin
04-08-2003, 10:56
Well if you're saying my comments are out of order then think again. What am I suppose to think when CSRs lie to me! They are effing liars - no 2 bits about it. It seems only NTL employers never have problems with their service. How reassuring is that?

The only way the good CSRs will get my respect is by deploring the behaviour of bad CSRs practices and promoting good CSRs practices. In other words, to distance themselves away from the bad CSRs as possible.

It seems from the above comment you have no desire to trust or respect any CSR's, and are happy to think that all of us are the same. Every good CSR who believes in good customer service tries to distance themselves from the 'bad apples'. comig onto this forum to not only help but to try and change peoples minds, unfortunatly we seemed to get a lot of abuse from people who have no doubts had loads of problems with NTL, but cannot believe there are people who are satisfied with there services. as you can see it is NOT only staff who are satisfied by the service.

Undisputedtruth
04-08-2003, 21:40
Originally posted by Mark W
:rolleyes: i did not lie UDT. you said you were confident it was not the stb that was at fault. You dont have any access to any diagnostic tools, and it would be againsed the T&C's to take it apart.Therefore it was reasonable to conclude that you did no more than look at it to decide this? how is that lying? unless of course you are saying you DID take it apart and found it to be in good working order? ;)

The definition of a lie is to mislead. There you go again, trying to put suggestions into people's mind by suggesting that I took the stb apart or by just looking at it. If you stuck with the facts that I I gave to you first then perhaps I could respect you. But oh no, you will say anything to detract from my main message. You've have completely disregarded what I said. You embarked on this nonsense of taking stb box apart or by looking at it.

The stb box is not at fault because the channels reappeared a few days later. This happen twice in the last 10 months. The first time it has happened the person from the fault centre admitted there have been a few complaints about it. So it is hardly an isolated incident. Okay, if it happens again I will agree to someone to visit me. But believe me, if the problem is not my stb then I will give him so much verbal abuse that my service will probably be disconnected for good!

All what I'm asking is for NTL personnel to use a simple bit of common sense. Is this too much to ask? If the stb has always functional properly but just happens there have been some channels outage then more likely the problem is at NTL's end. The fact you keeping this charade of the stb being the source of the problem is laughable. By all means, NTL have the latest tools, equipment - shame they haven't got the personnel with common sense to use it.

On a personal note, may i suggest that if you dropped the childish ventetta againsed anything/anyone ntl, than people might actually pay your posts some attention - as i dont doubt for a moment that you actually have some vaild points to make - and not just shrug them off as the ramblings of a 'troll' type member?

If NTL personnel has learnt be more honest and not to indulge in dirty tricks which is so evident in your last post to me. Then there is no need to express my dissatisfaction. It is your sort of behaviour which has spurred me on in this worthy cause.

The fact you have paid attention to my posts and your wholehearted attempt to attack me from all angles only goes to show how worried you are. How else would you explain your constant attack and suggestions of my apparent malpractice? Your behaviour is so unprofessional which is so typical of your colleagues behaviour. Is it any wonder why 174,000 customers left NTL. Yes, I do have a complete disregard for NTL. Can you explain to me why I should think any different?

Russ
04-08-2003, 21:43
With respect, I don't think the reason all 174,000 people left was due to poor service.....

Undisputedtruth
04-08-2003, 21:58
Originally posted by Russ D
With respect, I don't think the reason all 174,000 people left was due to poor service.....

Perhaps you may care to clarify yourself.

I all for a bit of number crunching!:D

homealone
04-08-2003, 22:05
<snip>Yes, I do have a complete disregard for NTL. Can you explain to me why I should think any different?

Because your worthy cause seems to define your persona - if Ntl were no more - "you" would cease to exist, as well?

- a "complete disregard" seems to invoke more passion in you than others, perhaps?:shrug:

Undisputedtruth
04-08-2003, 22:13
Originally posted by homealone
Because your worthy cause seems to define your persona - if Ntl were no more - "you" would cease to exist, as well?

- a "complete disregard" seems to invoke more passion in you than others, perhaps?:shrug:

Yes and yes

So if NTL did manage to change their attitude then I have nothing to complain about. I very much doubt NTl can ever change their ways. A complete cull of NTL employees are required for NTL to go forward. Bring on the Indians.

homealone
04-08-2003, 22:17
Yes and yes

perhaps if you really do ignore it, it will go away?

homealone
04-08-2003, 22:22
Yes and yes

So if NTL did manage to change their attitude then I have nothing to complain about. I very much doubt NTl can ever change their ways. A complete cull of NTL employees are required for NTL to go forward. Bring on the Indians.
<reply to edited post>
but after we've eaten can you explain how a non-existent staff can change their attitude?

Undisputedtruth
04-08-2003, 22:55
<reply to edited post>
but after we've eaten can you explain how a non-existent staff can change their attitude?

I don't think they can change their attitude. Maybe if they start working for companies where they take customer services seriously and be given good customer care training then they could change.

These Guys are trained in the art of BS. It is this sort of training which firmly believe has given NTL a bad reputation and their subsequent downfall.

I was angry at NTL well before I discover nthw. So there are thousands of people out there not happy with NTL and without access or knowledge of nthw. Perhaps you may discuss the non nthw members who are customers that are not happy with NTL. I know lots.

Stuart
04-08-2003, 23:02

The stb box is not at fault because the channels reappeared a few days later. This happen twice in the last 10 months. The first time it has happened the person from the fault centre admitted there have been a few complaints about it. So it is hardly an isolated incident. Okay, if it happens again I will agree to someone to visit me. But believe me, if the problem is not my stb then I will give him so much verbal abuse that my service will probably be disconnected for good!

All what I'm asking is for NTL personnel to use a simple bit of common sense. Is this too much to ask? If the stb has always functional properly but just happens there have been some channels outage then more likely the problem is at NTL's end. The fact you keeping this charade of the stb being the source of the problem is laughable. By all means, NTL have the latest tools, equipment - shame they haven't got the personnel with common sense to use it.

So, you're saying that because the channels are not permanently out your box cannot be faulty? Just because a fault does not occur all the time, does not mean it is not there. As far as I am aware a faulty smart card/card reader on the box can cause this, and would not necessarily be permanent.

Undisputedtruth
04-08-2003, 23:42
Originally posted by scastle
So, you're saying that because the channels are not permanently out your box cannot be faulty? Just because a fault does not occur all the time, does not mean it is not there. As far as I am aware a faulty smart card/card reader on the box can cause this, and would not necessarily be permanent.

It is unlikely the stb is at fault for the following reasons:

1) The loss of channels were not permanent.
2) There were channels still broadcasting through my stb.
3) Fault centre confirmed there was an outage in my area and also confirmed what the loss channels were.
4) Loss of channels occured twice in a 10 month period.

Likely cause for loss of channels:

1) Engineers were working in my area.
2) Broadcast interrupted.
3) Outage in my area.

hansi
05-08-2003, 06:19
Originally posted by Graham
Well here's a surprise, a compliment from me for NTL!

After the cockups with the broadband being unavailable for three days and them sending an engineer out to my place for an area wide fault and me needing to use an old dial up account to get online, I got my bill. Of course the dial up accounts had phone charges attached.

So I called up customer services (and actually got through with almost no waiting, after all the "press button 1" stuff, that is!)

I explained what had happened and said that I didn't think it was right that I should be charged for these dial up calls. The CS operator agreed and immediately said she would refund them!

So, I thought, as they're being nice, let's see what else we can get and I said that I shouldn't be charged for the BB either when it was unavailable.

"You're absolutely right, I'll put a credit onto next month's bill for that"!

Blimey!! :)

don't get too excited yet!! wait for your bill first!

Colin
05-08-2003, 10:22
oh come on Undisputedtruth, even if call centres do move to india, you would just moan about the crap Indian customer service.

You have already said you do not think we have been given the correct training in customer service, or infact do not take it seriously, so why do you think it would change.

Please open your eyes and think a little bit, you CAN NOT speak of everyone at NTL as liars when you have not spoken to most of them.

That is like me saying i think everyone in South London doesn't listen to people, just because i have spoken to you.

It just doesn't fit

Stuart
05-08-2003, 11:39
oh come on Undisputedtruth, even if call centres do move to india, you would just moan about the crap Indian customer service.

You have already said you do not think we have been given the correct training in customer service, or infact do not take it seriously, so why do you think it would change.

Actually, it probably would be the same, just with a different accent..

Stuart
05-08-2003, 11:54
It is unlikely the stb is at fault for the following reasons:

1) The loss of channels were not permanent.
2) There were channels still broadcasting through my stb.

Sometimes the STB's can lose SOME channels for no apparent reason. I found this particulary with my first box. Rebooting the box cured it temporarily, but I eventually had a replacement box (because the first one was also dropping the broadband connection) and that doesn't suffer the same problems. The fault with the channels did not occur permanently, and did not appear at all for 2 years.

3) Fault centre confirmed there was an outage in my area and also confirmed what the loss channels were.

I thought you said that was just the first time? Maybe I just misread the post..

If they did confirm the loss of channels was an area problem the second time, then that's what it is.

4) Loss of channels occured twice in a 10 month period.

Again the fault doesn't need to be permanent

Likely cause for loss of channels:

1) Engineers were working in my area.
2) Broadcast interrupted.
3) Outage in my area.

True, if there are Engineers working in an area, they can cause an outage. Also, if the satellite feed from the channels concerned died, that would also cause an outage.

What I am saying is that while the problem is quite possibly at NTL's end, there may also be problems with the STB itself.

Colin
05-08-2003, 12:01
Actually, it probably would be the same, just with a different accent..

actually, it would be very bad. its hard enough speaking to some departments when they are on a differnt floor to you, let alone on the other side of the world.

But then, if Undisputedtruth wants the customer service he has been ****ging off then he will certainly get it.

Undisputedtruth
05-08-2003, 20:24
actually, it would be very bad. its hard enough speaking to some departments when they are on a differnt floor to you, let alone on the other side of the world.

Clear evidence of poor communications within NTL.

I'm certain the Indians will provide us with good customer service thus pointing the finger at defunct CSR's

Stuart
05-08-2003, 20:42

I'm certain the Indians will provide us with good customer service thus pointing the finger at defunct CSR's

Er... If the reason for NTL's crap customer services is bad communication, how would moving the CSRs to another continent help?:confused:

Undisputedtruth
05-08-2003, 21:07
Er... If the reason for NTL's crap customer services is bad communication, how would moving the CSRs to another continent help?:confused:

A fresh start and CSRs with degrees so at least you are not talking to a complete idiot.

Russ
05-08-2003, 21:10
You don't need a degree to be able to provide good service!

kink
05-08-2003, 21:25
You don't need a degree to be able to provide good service!

I think you'll also find that having a degree or two does not prevent the holders from being idiots or plain ignorant.
A shame.... but a fact.
Education is only a key to knowledge if the holder knows how to open the door.
There are many people without that key who are very able to fiddle the lock :p :D

Russ
05-08-2003, 21:26
Originally posted by kink
I think you'll also find that having a degree or two does not prevent the holders from being idiots or plain ignorant.
A shame.... but a fact.

Not something you can rely on though!

Stuart
05-08-2003, 21:28
A shame.... but a fact.
Education is only a key to knowledge if the holder knows how to open the door.
There are many people without that key who are very able to fiddle the lock :p :D

Very profound..

kink
05-08-2003, 21:37
Not something you can rely on though!

Well, that's what i was saying.... wasn't it? :confused: and having a degree doesn't ensure good CS even if they have the skills and knowledge to help their customers....if the person is rude or unable to utilize the customer care training they've been given, it's pointless. A degree represents atttaining a certain level of education not how well one deals with enquiries or customers in general.

Very profound..

That's because i have two degrees ;) :p

Undisputedtruth
05-08-2003, 22:09
I can understan NTL employees being overtly defensive but I do think we should give the Indians the opportunity to show how good their customer services skills are.

NTL employees keep asking us customers about giving them chances after chances, so now the opportunity has come for the Indians to run the show!

Stuart
05-08-2003, 22:14
Well, that's what i was saying.... wasn't it? :confused: and having a degree doesn't ensure good CS even if they have the skills and knowledge to help their customers....if the person is rude or unable to utilize the customer care training they've been given, it's pointless. A degree represents atttaining a certain level of education not how well one deals with enquiries or customers in general.

True, degrees are a sign of education, not necessarily an indicator of your interpersonal skills.

That's because i have two degrees ;) :p

Show Off! Lol :D

Stuart
05-08-2003, 22:17
I can understan NTL employees being overtly defensive but I do think we should give the Indians the opportunity to show how good their customer services skills are.

NTL employees keep asking us customers about giving them chances after chances, so now the opportunity has come for the Indians to run the show!

If NTL can't communicate from one floor of a building to another, what makes you think they will communicate with India efficiently?

Undisputedtruth
06-08-2003, 00:24
If NTL can't communicate from one floor of a building to another, what makes you think they will communicate with India efficiently?

Your post is a repeat of post no 55. What's the matter trying to get the last word.

Shall we take "let's wait and see" approach with Indians.

Stuart
06-08-2003, 00:27
Your post is a repeat of post no 55. What's the matter trying to get the last word.

Shall we take "let's wait and see" approach with Indians.

No, I was trying to get you to answer the question. You appeared to misread it the first time, so I rephrased it.

Still, it will be interesting to see if NTL do manage to improve their customer service.

Colin
06-08-2003, 08:56

Of course we are on the defensive, you are talking about people possibly losing there jobs, and seem to be taking a strange amount of pleasure in it. regardless of the problems you have had, you are still speaking about Human Beings with families and lives, try and have a bit of respect please.

I see you just want to wait and see, but i'm willing to bet a months wages (not much i know) that as soon as something goes wrong with customer services you will be first on here ****ging them off as well

something which i have never tried to hide, infact i think that is the point i was trying to make with that post. The problems is that when this happens, people like yourself blame customer service, and do not infact realise that we are just part of the business not the main problem, and certainly get pi$$ed off with this.

Undisputedtruth
06-08-2003, 23:02
Of course we are on the defensive, you are talking about people possibly losing there jobs, and seem to be taking a strange amount of pleasure in it. regardless of the problems you have had, you are still speaking about Human Beings with families and lives, try and have a bit of respect please.

I had so much BS from CS that I just don't care anymore. Your colleagues have not done themselves any favours with their behaviour on these boards.

Are CSRs deserving of respect?

I see you just want to wait and see, but i'm willing to bet a months wages (not much i know) that as soon as something goes wrong with customer services you will be first on here ****ging them off as well

I have more faith in the Indians than you

something which i have never tried to hide, infact i think that is the point i was trying to make with that post. The problems is that when this happens, people like yourself blame customer service, and do not infact realise that we are just part of the business not the main problem, and certainly get pi$$ed off with this.

We are intelligent enough to work out whose to blame. Franky, we are sick and tired of this game of apportioning the blame to someone else.

Stuart
06-08-2003, 23:19

We are intelligent enough to work out whose to blame. Franky, we are sick and tired of this game of apportioning the blame to someone else.

You sound like you are blaming the people who (on the phone anyway) probably have a script to work to, and if there is a genuine problem, and they can't offer advice or fix it remotely, all they can do is offer to do is send an engineer.

Colin
07-08-2003, 19:50

Who is we, most other people in this thread are talking up NTL, and can at least admit things have changed.

No one is pushing blame to anyone. I'm just getting sick and tired of myself and my collegues getting the blame for every crappy thing that goes on in this compnay. for crying out loud will you open your eyes please, can you not realise we are just one rank above the customers as far as the big picture goes. How would you feel if i came on the net and started blasting you for the job you do, not even bothering to wonder if you try hard at all, just blast away. It just goes to show what a small minded person you really are that you cant look at the whole picture. By the way these comments come from me the person not me the CS rep, as i dont want you blasting me for the way i talk to customers now do i.?

Undisputedtruth
07-08-2003, 20:19
Who is we, most other people in this thread are talking up NTL, and can at least admit things have changed.

I'm getting PMs from real customers sick to death of the activities of the proNTL mob. The only people talking up NTL are proNTL mob, deranged customers and spotty youths in short trousers. Nothing has changed. In fact the service has got worse. And of course same ole rubbish CSRs.

No one is pushing blame to anyone. I'm just getting sick and tired of myself and my collegues getting the blame for every crappy thing that goes on in this compnay. for crying out loud will you open your eyes please, can you not realise we are just one rank above the customers as far as the big picture goes. How would you feel if i came on the net and started blasting you for the job you do, not even bothering to wonder if you try hard at all, just blast away. It just goes to show what a small minded person you really are that you cant look at the whole picture. By the way these comments come from me the person not me the CS rep, as i dont want you blasting me for the way i talk to customers now do i.?

The fact you are calling me small minded only serves to highlight the fact of what a bunch of UNPROFESSIONAL cowboys you lot really are. Believe me I already looked at the big picture, from reading financial data down to speaking (unfortunately) to people like you. I would say about 3/4 of the people who post on a regular basis are NTL employees. If I was really small minded I would believe all the BS you Guys dished out over the years.

I remember starting a thread which was called "Do CSRs do customer care training". This was an opportunity for NTL employees to state how good their customer skills were. Not one person was able to demonstrate how good their customer skills were. There was one CSR who said his way of calming a customer down was to talk about the weather. So get the picture, customer screaming because of NTL's incompetance, CSRs then say "let's talk about the weather". Dimwit. No degree, no interpersonal skills - must be a CSR.

Mr_Burns
07-08-2003, 20:34
:zzz:

If you're really convinced that the 'pro ntl mob' are dominating this board, why do you bother coming back here to read/post?

Stuart
07-08-2003, 20:39
UDT. What have you done about the problems you have obviously had with NTL?

Have you lodged a complaint?
Have you written to the managers of the people concerned?
Have you written to the SENIOR management of NTL? I haven't tried that with NTL, but I have found when I have had complaints with big companies before, you can get a lot done if you write to the Chairperson or CEO.

Failing all that, you believe you have had years of bad service and lies from NTL (let's face, in terms of broadband, you have). Assuming you are still with the company, why are you still with the company? As I have said to you earlier (both on here and .com) I would not have put up with the treatment you appear to have recieved.

Undisputedtruth
07-08-2003, 21:16
Originally posted by Mr_Burns
:zzz:

If you're really convinced that the 'pro ntl mob' are dominating this board, why do you bother coming back here to read/post?

Because I refuse to be shifted by a bunch of twits.

th'engineer
07-08-2003, 21:40
Having read this thread how can anyone honestly say NTl are good at customer service.

1 how many forums like this are there.( lost count )

2 do problems re occur (yes).

3 do they take any notice of customers (no)

4 is it a badly designed hotch potch of products and networks. (yes)
5 can you get a honest answer from CS (no) unless you talk to a team leader

orangebird
07-08-2003, 22:54
<snip>

The fact you are calling me small minded only serves to highlight the fact of what a bunch of UNPROFESSIONAL cowboys you lot really are. Believe me I already looked at the big picture, from reading financial data down to speaking (unfortunately) to people like you. I would say about 3/4 of the people who post on a regular basis are NTL employees. If I was really small minded I would believe all the BS you Guys dished out over the years.

Read his post again - col d called you small minded as a personal opinion, nothing to do with his employed status - and speaking as an ntl customer myself, I also think you're small minded. :)

As for reading data - you scan til you find what you want (usually outdated figures from when things were worse, because it suits your agenda :rolleyes: ) As for being unfortunate for speaking to CS, I'd put it the other way round... For the wild assumptions you make about all other things ntl - well, if they weren't so bloody ridiculous & bloody minded, they'd be funny. You can't even accept it when a genuine customer on here says they are happy - you either assume they're stupid, or a 'pro-ntl' member, or an employee - Who's the small minded one... :shrug:

Mind you, considering that you're from the mean streets of Peckham (that still makes me chuckle...:rofl: ) I'm surprised any one here challenges your opinion at all :eeek:

Undisputedtruth
07-08-2003, 23:16
Originally posted by orangebird
Read his post again - col d called you small minded as a personal opinion, nothing to do with his employed status - and speaking as an ntl customer myself, I also think you're small minded. :)

I know you work for NTL and I know you are desparate to put NTL in a good light which is an impossible task unless you have lied. Could you tell me exactly where I called col d small minded. You can't because it is a lie.

As for reading data - you scan til you find what you want (usually outdated figures from when things were worse, because it suits your agenda :rolleyes: ) As for being unfortunate for speaking to CS, I'd put it the other way round... For the wild assumptions you make about all other things ntl - well, if they weren't so bloody ridiculous & bloody minded, they'd be funny. You can't even accept it when a genuine customer on here says they are happy - you either assume they're stupid, or a 'pro-ntl' member, or an employee - Who's the small minded one... :shrug:

174,000 customers left NTL in 2002. NTL are so desparate to gain customers, they are given away their products for free and bribing thousands of customers not to leave. I bet Barclay Knapp knows NTL are not able to gain customers in the long term which I think could be the reason for Barclay Knapp to cash in his shares and run off.

You are so proNTL, you would demand customers to pay £300 telephone due to a faulty service. How can real customers take you seriously?

Mind you, considering that you're from the mean streets of Peckham (that still makes me chuckle...:rofl: ) I'm surprised any one here challenges your opinion at all :eeek:

I'm getting PMs everyday concerned about people like you and proNTL mob. They are aware of the way you lot distorts the truth whenever possible.

orangebird
07-08-2003, 23:24
I know you work for NTL and I know you are desparate to put NTL in a good light which is an impossible task unless you have lied. Could you tell me exactly where I called col d small minded. You can't because it is a lie.

:confused: I never said you did call col d small minded - deep breath, remove head from backside, and read my post properly - once you have done that, please tell me where I lied??? :rolleyes:

174,000 customers left NTL in 2002. NTL are so desparate to gain customers, they are given away their products for free and bribing thousands of customers not to leave. I bet Barclay Knapp knows NTL are not able to gain customers in the long term which I think could be the reason for Barclay Knapp to cash in his shares and run off.

How about quoting some figures from this year? :)
As for Barclay cashing in - he had to leave it at least a year before he could, so now he is - Anyone else would do the same....

You are so proNTL, you would demand customers to pay £300 telephone due to a faulty service. How can real customers take you seriously?

I personally wouldn't have made the customer pay for those calls - I am quite happy to agree that all that palavar happened because of a loophole in ntl's systems and therefore should've taken the costs themselves :)

I'm getting PMs everyday concerned about people like you and proNTL mob. They are aware of the way you lot distorts the truth whenever possible.

Why would they want to pm you to discuss me??? :erm: If anyone wants to pm me about the 'lies' I post, please feel free. Am more than happy to discuss one on one.

Stuart
07-08-2003, 23:25

I didn't think Orangebird said that you called col d small minded. She said

Originally posted by Orangebird

Read his post again - col d called you small minded as a personal opinion, nothing to do with his employed status - and speaking as an ntl customer myself, I also think you're small minded.

That, to me, sounds like she is saying col d. called you small minded and she agrees with him.

grum1978
07-08-2003, 23:27
Originally posted by th'engineer
5 can you get a honest answer from CS (no) unless you talk to a team leader

:rolleyes:

Don't tar everyone with the same brush

orangebird
07-08-2003, 23:29
I didn't think Orangebird said that you called col d small minded. She said

That, to me, sounds like she is saying col d. called you small minded and she agrees with him.

No I didn't - quite correct scastle.

Undisputedtruth
07-08-2003, 23:46
:How about quoting some figures from this year? :)
As for Barclay cashing in - he had to leave it at least a year before he could, so now he is - Anyone else would do the same....

I think under SEC regulations he would have to give 6 months notice in order to cash his shares.

I personally wouldn't have made the customer pay for those calls - I am quite happy to agree that all that palavar happened because of a loophole in ntl's systems and therefore should've taken the costs themselves :)

Okay NTL manage add 25,000 customers in the first quarter of this year. They done that by giving away their service for free and bribing customers not to leave. NTL has a long way to go before they can reverse their loss of 174,000 customers last year.

Oh good, finally you can speak some sense! NTL should of waived the £300 bill.

Why would they want to pm you to discuss me??? :erm: If anyone wants to pm me about the 'lies' I post, please feel free. Am more than happy to discuss one on one.

Don't flatter yourself. You are not important to be mentioned in name. They were talking in general terms and they have not mentioned any specific names other than that of Mods.

orangebird
07-08-2003, 23:49
<snip>

Don't flatter yourself. You are not important to be mentioned in name. They were talking in general terms and they have not mentioned any specific names other than that of Mods.

Umm I wasn't, hence the :erm:

I don't consider myself that important either.... perhaps a stance you should take too? :)

homealone
07-08-2003, 23:55
Because I refuse to be shifted by a bunch of twits.

what you might have said is you refuse to be moved for having an opinion - and no-one could gainsay you that....

where it goes wrong is you call people who disagree with you "twits" - that is not in the spirit of "discussion" - lose the attitude and maybe more people would talk to you?

-

Mick
07-08-2003, 23:57
Don't flatter yourself. You are not important to be mentioned in name.

And you obviously are... :rolleyes: NOT

I really do think your obsessive with ntl.

FFS LEAVE IF ITS THAT BAD - its that simple but you do not know how to do simple things do you? :p

Undisputedtruth
07-08-2003, 23:59
Umm I wasn't, hence the :erm:

Good and whatever.

I don't consider myself that important either.... perhaps a stance you should take too? :)

I don't care much about importance. Nor do I care much about the comments from NTL employees.

I notice you couldn't comment on this: "Okay NTL manage add 25,000 customers in the first quarter of this year. They done that by giving away their service for free and bribing customers not to leave. NTL has a long way to go before they can reverse their loss of 174,000 customers last year.

Oh good, finally you can speak some sense! NTL should of waived the £300 bill."

Undisputedtruth
08-08-2003, 00:01
what you might have said is you refuse to be moved for having an opinion - and no-one could gainsay you that....

where it goes wrong is you call people who disagree with you "twits" - that is not in the spirit of "discussion" - lose the attitude and maybe more people would talk to you?

-

So it is okay for them to call me small minded and I must not say anything back. Get real!

Mick
08-08-2003, 00:08
So it is okay for them to call me small minded and I must not say anything back. Get real!

Hmm I wonder who started his crusade and attack against the ntl employees....

YOU did!

Why the feck should I and other members of the team edit other users posts when all you have done is be rude to other members.

And this **** about your views on others being 'proNTL' just because they do not share your feelings is really beginning to bore them, a change in record from you is so desperately needed.

homealone
08-08-2003, 00:09
posted bt UDTI notice you couldn't comment on this: "Okay NTL manage add 25,000 customers in the first quarter of this year. They done that by giving away their service for free and bribing customers not to leave. NTL has a long way to go before they can reverse their loss of 174,000 customers last year.

pardon - this is not an "official" ntl site - why should anyone comment on that?

homealone
08-08-2003, 00:13

why are you or anyone "calling" people anything?

carlingman
08-08-2003, 00:13

FFS I think it is you UDT that needs to get real.

Why in this thread have you dragged up a comment about a £300 telephone bill raised on another site and we all know which one when clearly the thread starter where the thread was started was happy with the out come.

But oh no you had to drag that into it and try goad people here.

Well its working you have goaded me into replying.

As a well known Mod here has mentioned if you are that dis-satisified with NTLs service leave and quit whinging about it.

Now i know we are all entitled to moan about their poor service but it seems to me you have no other mission in life other than to jump in on anyones case and repetively **** them off.

We all know they have bad points but we all dont continually harp on about it.

You as I have mentioned before have had your wrists slapped over there and now becoming more of a presence here trying to drag everyone into your way of thinking.

Get over it and find another company if it frustrates you that badly.

And no before you tar me with the same brush i am not one of the NTL PRO MOB but I realise NTL have their faults but do not waste my life ranting about them.

Now to drag this back on to topic, we all know NTL are not 5 star hence this forum and the other one wouldnt exist.

I used to work for them and they were probably 2 star then and have along way to go before they reach the full 5 star treatment but thats life no company is perfect.

:D

homealone
08-08-2003, 00:19
Because I knew Orangebird could not have much of an comment on NTL losing 174,000 customers!

if you are picking on OB I will be reporting the post - care to retract?

homealone
08-08-2003, 00:25
if you are picking on OB I will be reporting the post - care to retract?

ok to be fair you have 5 more minutes - please apologise to orangebird or I will hit the link!

it is 00.25

carlingman
08-08-2003, 00:27
ok to be fair you have 5 more minutes - please apologise to orangebird or I will hit the link!

it is 00.25

Now theres a novelty someone threatning UDT.

He normally claims it is the other way around.

Lord Nikon
08-08-2003, 00:29
From what I have seen orangebird is more than capable of defending herself... lol

Perhaps homealone wishes to be her knight in shining armour?

Undisputedtruth
08-08-2003, 00:30
Originally posted by carlingman
FFS I think it is you UDT that needs to get real.

Why in this thread have you dragged up a comment about a £300 telephone bill raised on another site and we all know which one when clearly the thread starter where the thread was started was happy with the out come.

The proNTL mob were losing the arguments and the mods closed the thread because we were getting the upper hand.

But oh no you had to drag that into it and try goad people here.

Well its working you have goaded me into replying.

I have not heard anything sensible yet!

As a well known Mod here has mentioned if you are that dis-satisified with NTLs service leave and quit whinging about it.

Yeah it seems only NTL employees (past or present) telling me to clear off. Also the majority of the mobs are or were NTL employees.

No NTL employee, even former employers as yourself will tell me what to do. They have enough problems doing their job properly. So how on earth can they advise me.:rolleyes:

Now i know we are all entitled to moan about their poor service but it seems to me you have no other mission in life other than to jump in on anyones case and repetively **** them off.

We all know they have bad points but we all dont continually harp on about it.

You as I have mentioned before have had your wrists slapped over there and now becoming more of a presence here trying to drag everyone into your way of thinking.

Get over it and find another company if it frustrates you that badly.

And no before you tar me with the same brush i am not one of the NTL PRO MOB but I realise NTL have their faults but do not waste my life ranting about them.

Now to drag this back on to topic, we all know NTL are not 5 star hence this forum and the other one wouldnt exist.

I used to work for them and they were probably 2 star then and have along way to go before they reach the full 5 star treatment but thats life no company is perfect.

Thank you Carling, you have now made me even more determine.

I will never allow the proNTL mob to get they way on these boards. Never, ever. The fact you have taken your time to respond only goes to show how effective I've been. Well done me!

homealone
08-08-2003, 00:30
Now theres a novelty someone threatning UDT.

He normally claims it is the other way around.

wine not lager? :p

homealone
08-08-2003, 00:33

it is 00.25

00.33 - no apology?

Undisputedtruth
08-08-2003, 00:35

it is 00.25

What are you on? and what are you on about?

Undisputedtruth
08-08-2003, 00:38
By the time you work it what you want to say - I discuss it on saturday.

carlingman
08-08-2003, 00:39
The proNTL mob were losing the arguments and the mods closed the thread because we were getting the upper hand.

Yeh whatever.

Yeah it seems only NTL employees (past or present) telling me to clear off. Also the majority of the mobs are or were NTL employees.

No NTL employee, even former employers as yourself will tell me what to do. They have enough problems doing their job properly. So how on earth can they advise me.:rolleyes:

Maybe so but with any luck the Mods/Admin will see through this and realise you have similarities with a troll.

Maybe then we wont have to worry about you clearing off as banning you from the forum will have the same effect.

Thank you Carling, you have now made me even more determine.

Again whatever although I dont think ill bother replying in future.

I will never allow the proNTL mob to get they way on these boards. Never, ever. The fact you have taken your time to respond only goes to show how effective I've been. Well done me!

No not really, time makes no odds to me as i like a good discussion, hey thats what forums are about i just hate it when they get hijacked by people like yourself trying to drum your opinions into everyone else.

Bigtone
08-08-2003, 00:41
The fact you have taken your time to respond only goes to show how effective I've been. Well done me!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mick
08-08-2003, 00:45

:nono: The thread was closed because you was incapable of keeping the thread to the topic on London Broadband as per usual.

homealone
08-08-2003, 00:46
What are you on? and what are you on about?

I am a ntl customer - not a mod or an employee you can "put in a box"

I have reported your "abuse" of orangebird to the mods/admins of this forum.

imo you are restricting yourself when you try to categorise members of this site as pro/anti ntl - comment on the problem in hand - move on from the attitude fgs!

Stuart
08-08-2003, 00:46

Aha, now we find the real reason you are here. To argue..

Let me explain my logic there. You claim you have been effective.

Where? Certainly not with NTL from the sound of it. They've given you Broadband that is at least 3 years late and crap customer service, and yet you are still (possibly - you evaded the question when asked) an NTL customer.

The only way I can think of that you have been effective is in winding up NTL employees. Which, if you are not a customer (which you have hinted at in the past) is ultimately pointless.

carlingman
08-08-2003, 00:48
Originally posted by Dr. Plummer
:nono: The thread was closed because you was incapable of keeping the thread to the topic on London Broadband as per usual.

Well said.

:cool:

homealone
08-08-2003, 00:55
Originally posted by Lord Nikon
From what I have seen orangebird is more than capable of defending herself... lol

Perhaps homealone wishes to be her knight in shining armour?

maybe she isn't logged in & can't defend herself - at this time?

- I'll defend "you" if you appeal to my sense of right or wrong, mlord? and maybe able to ascend you?

Macready
08-08-2003, 08:43
having read through some of UDTs posts, I dont see it as winding up NTL employees, more asking uncomfortable / raising points and questions that NTL dont like answering. This seems to get a lot of peoples backs up though :). What kind of forum was NTHELLWORLD.com when it first came about, before it went corporate ;)

orangebird
08-08-2003, 09:43
Good and whatever.

I don't care much about importance. Nor do I care much about the comments from NTL employees.

I notice you couldn't comment on this: "Okay NTL manage add 25,000 customers in the first quarter of this year. They done that by giving away their service for free and bribing customers not to leave. NTL has a long way to go before they can reverse their loss of 174,000 customers last year.

Oh good, finally you can speak some sense! NTL should of waived the £300 bill."

I noticed in your post #78 you didn't apologise for accusing me of lying..... :rolleyes:

I didn't comment because I couldn't be arsed, but since you ask so nicely -

Yes, ntl have a long way to go - but the fact is they are heading in the right direction - something that seems to rile you. Why?:confused:

What's wrong with improving (which they are), even if it is only little by little. No company is perfect, human error is a sure as day - I keep that in mind, manage my expectations and deal with it all OK. ntl have let me down as a customer before (which before you ask I did post on this site), so have Orange, so have SEB, so have my bank etc etc but I don't believe it's worth rising your blood pressure over. They can be crap, but they can also be very good. I am open and happy with this view - you cannot seem to even begin to accept that some customers are genuinely happy. :shrug:

orangebird
08-08-2003, 09:45
maybe she isn't logged in & can't defend herself - at this time?

- I'll defend "you" if you appeal to my sense of right or wrong, mlord? and maybe able to ascend you?

I had indeed logged out and done something less boring instead - slept.

However, although I am indeed more than capable of defending myself, your gallant actions last night are noted and appreciated! :)

homealone
08-08-2003, 09:55
Originally posted by Macready
having read through some of UDTs posts, I dont see it as winding up NTL employees, more asking uncomfortable / raising points and questions that NTL dont like answering. This seems to get a lot of peoples backs up though :). What kind of forum was NTHELLWORLD.com when it first came about, before it went corporate ;)

Hi Macready

not sure why you mention *.com?

my beef with UDT is that he/she continually tries to expand the topic into a more general criticism of ntl - and epecially the employees.

imo this results in the employees feeling defensive and they react to the criticism - which results in another thread dragged into the gutter rather than sensibly discussing the issue at hand.

If UDT would stick to the point I'm sure more people would respond positively - and some of the genuine problems might begin to be sorted?

Gaz

Colin
08-08-2003, 10:27

UDT is not asking any questions, he is only here to blast other people. there would be no point in him asking questions as he would not listen to the answers. He is here to push his views on other people. It gets a lot of peoples back up when he goes on about proNTL and all that crap, he seems to take it as a personal insult when people actually dont mind NTL, and want to stick up for them, and that is why i called him small minded.

.com when it was first started up was used primarily for this reason, to **** off NTL, even the mods were at it then. when it became a site for actually helping people (before buy out) then it was a great site and really helped.

homealone
08-08-2003, 10:29
I had indeed logged out and done something less boring instead - slept.

However, although I am indeed more than capable of defending myself, your gallant actions last night are noted and appreciated! :)

:blush: wasn't trying to be "gallant", especially, just felt the implied criticism of you was unjustified.

Thanks for your comment:)

th'engineer
08-08-2003, 14:05
Th'eng - correct if I'm wrong, please - Is it just me, or has your opinion of ntl as a whole drastically changed since the cap?

YES thought they where improving till then now they are not

th'engineer
08-08-2003, 14:07
Originally posted by grum1978
:rolleyes:

Don't tar everyone with the same brush

Just a perception from a customer or two thousand

grum1978
08-08-2003, 14:17
Just a perception from a customer or two thousand

why would speaking to a team leader help though thats the bit i'm confused abt :shrug:

Lord Nikon
08-08-2003, 14:19
not to mention the people on anticap lol

orangebird
08-08-2003, 14:21
not to mention the people on anticap lol

All four of them......

Lord Nikon
08-08-2003, 14:49
Guess its been a while since you looked at the signature list there then Orangebird

orangebird
08-08-2003, 15:00
Guess its been a while since you looked at the signature list there then Orangebird

I was thinking about the active member list.....

th'engineer
08-08-2003, 15:19
why would speaking to a team leader help though thats the bit i'm confused abt :shrug:

Sometimes they actually know the product remember i do live in the North West area:D

th'engineer
08-08-2003, 15:22
All four of them......

have a look here (http://www.anticap.co.uk/forum/memberlist.php?sid=49eea0dc6b9ec8994988c8cdbfea39f 0) a few more than four .

You never cease to amaze me with your lack of facts ob:D

orangebird
08-08-2003, 15:25
have a look here (http://www.anticap.co.uk/forum/memberlist.php?sid=49eea0dc6b9ec8994988c8cdbfea39f 0) a few more than four .

You never cease to amaze me with your lack of facts ob:D

Something we have in common then - and I meant active members....

you
sociable
movedgoalposts
umm......

shoot, got me there.... :rolleyes:

edit Just looked at the list - a whole 177 - out of how many bb customers?? :rofl: And it looks as though not even half of the members list have made a single post!

Phew, must be hell modding that place..... :angel:

th'engineer
08-08-2003, 15:33

you
sociable
movedgoalposts
umm......

edit Just looked at the list - a whole 177 - out of how many bb customers?? :rofl: And it looks as though not even half of the members list have made a single post!

Its a campaign site a lot going on in the background.

Now you would not be trying to get me in a debate would you:D

orangebird
08-08-2003, 15:35
Its a campaign site a lot going on in the background.

Now you would not be trying to get me in a debate would you:D

No. So, what's happening then?

Lord Nikon
08-08-2003, 16:24
well, given the weather I suggest we all go to the pub and sink a few cold ones lol

Undisputedtruth
09-08-2003, 09:16

Well said.

I'm glad that genuine customers like Macready share my point of view. It is only the proNTL which disagree with everything I say!

homealone
09-08-2003, 09:30
Well said.

I'm glad that genuine customers like Macready share my point of view. It is only the proNTL which disagree with everything I say!

Good morning UDT:)

- not everything you say - you do (at times lol) make some valid points, it's the sweeping generalisations that, imo, go over the top, especially the pro/anti NTL nonsense.

Can I ask you have a look at this post

http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?postid=35925#post35925

to show that I, for one, am not engaged in a personal vendetta against you, but do feel strongly about the treatment of other members of the forum and try to comment on the issue at hand, rather than basing my opinions on stereotypes?

Gaz

Undisputedtruth
09-08-2003, 10:33
Good morning UDT:)

- not everything you say - you do (at times lol) make some valid points, it's the sweeping generalisations that, imo, go over the top, especially the pro/anti NTL nonsense.

Can I ask you have a look at this post

http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?postid=35925#post35925

to show that I, for one, am not engaged in a personal vendetta against you, but do feel strongly about the treatment of other members of the forum and try to comment on the issue at hand, rather than basing my opinions on stereotypes?
Gaz

I've received many messages on the subject of the proNTL mob. Many are suggesting to boycott nthw.co.uk. At the moment, nthw.co.uk is turning into an empty shell. No priciples and busy sucking up to the whims of the proNTL mob.

Some of my comments appears to be harsh, but what you don't realise, some of those people has made harsh comments to me on other boards

The proNTL mob are doing everything they can to get me banned from the board. Why? Because I speak on subjects which makes them very uncomfortable.

orangebird
09-08-2003, 10:45
I've received many messages on the subject of the proNTL mob. Many are suggesting to boycott nthw.co.uk. At the moment, nthw.co.uk is turning into an empty shell. No priciples and busy sucking up to the whims of the proNTL mob.

Some of my comments appears to be harsh, but what you don't realise, some of those people has made harsh comments to me on other boards

The proNTL mob are doing everything they can to get me banned from the board. Why? Because I speak on subjects which makes them very uncomfortable.

I don't want you banned - How boring that would be....

You provide hours of entertainment :)

I feel entirely comfortable with all your comments - usually because I end up rotfl :rofl:, hilarious as your little gems of wisdom are.

Undisputedtruth
09-08-2003, 11:21
I don't want you banned - How boring that would be....

You provide hours of entertainment :)

I feel entirely comfortable with all your comments - usually because I end up rotfl :rofl:, hilarious as your little gems of wisdom are.

How very strange? You've already mention you been upset by my comments.

Orangebird, definitely a proNTL mob member, the sort people that will shaft you behind your back. You know the type, they smile in your face and shaft you in the back.

grum1978
09-08-2003, 11:35
:notopic:

This is way off topic now can we please get this back on topic as i am sure that someone has some comments to make about ntl's customer service ;)

th'engineer
09-08-2003, 12:52
:notopic:

This is way off topic now can we please get this back on topic as i am sure that someone has some comments to make about ntl's customer service ;)

Agree with you udt is trying to put a point across as a customer.

and getting flammed by ntl employees not really fair now is it

Mick
09-08-2003, 13:12

Yes it is, if he could put his point accross in a less RUDE way im sure people would support him more, but take a look around, he his just soooo rude, and claims those people who say he is as the 'proNTL' mob. :rolleyes:

Russ
09-08-2003, 13:25
It would appear to some people that there are only 2 types of person - pro-ntl and anti-ntl, with nothing in-between.

UTD I was wondering what you consider me to be? After all, in the 'community sell out' post on nthw.com I'm described as being one of the 'anti-ntl mob'...

th'engineer
09-08-2003, 13:26
perhaps we should get to the bottom of this what point he wants to get across is important .

His points are fair such as can not make a profit if you give stuff away.

and NTl can not compete because of poor mgmt do not think anyone would disagree with that

Stuart
09-08-2003, 13:42

No,it is not. While I can't comment on his PMs or other boards (apart from nthw.com), I can say that on the threads, UDT has often flamed NTL employees for no apparent reason. He may have dealt with a few of them who have been bad, but he should not comment on those he has not dealt with.

If questioned on his posts, he has a habit of avoiding the question, or answering part of the question. UDT did this to one of my questions recently, then when I rephrased it to make it more difficult to answer part of it, he accused me of repeating myself. He still hasn't answered the second part of the question.

Finally, while UDT does raise valid points, the way he raises them does get people's backs up. Funnily enough, when I pointed this out to him, I was ignored.

obvious
09-08-2003, 13:50

you
sociable
movedgoalposts
umm......

Hey you forgot me :mad: ;)

It's great that the forums on AC are so quiet. It means we're winning the good fight. I couldn't be happier that neither ntl or any other ISP are enforcing hard caps at the moment. If any of them do then AntiCap will be here. ntl have done a U-turn on the cap as even they are not daft enough not to to realise (in retrospect) that it was a monumentally stupid thing to do. With the cap in place:-

1. Anyone who's worried about downloading something big will more likely than not download it in chunks over a number of days. Guess when they'll do this? Between 18:00 and 00:00 when they can keep an eye on how much they're downloading. Result = more peak congestion.

2. ntl will never be able to even think about offering increased speed services. Think of the scenario where a 2Mbit service is offered that can only be used for an hour a day. It's laughable.

Mick
09-08-2003, 18:57
[Non 'NTL's 5 Star Service - Yes you heard me right?!' posts Removed]

dingosar
09-08-2003, 19:01
[Non 'NTL's 5 Star Service - Yes you heard me right?!' comments Removed]

Can we please end this situation where members are calling one another, or offending one another.

This situation will cease now. This thread will continue on 'NTL's 5 Star Service - Yes you heard me right?!' - Please !. :)

Stephen Robb
09-08-2003, 19:26
Going back through this thread my conclusion is that UDT has about as much finess as a bull in a china shop. UDT, if you are that miffed about ntl: please answer two simple questions for me just to satisfy my curiousity and others on this thread.

"Now you state you think that the TV is crap; all the Internet services are crap; I assume the phone must also be crap although you haven't mentioned it so to be; CS are a bunch of liars and don't know what they are talking about (your words, not mine, through this thread at various times)"

Why are you still having ntl: services if it is that so bad?

What exactly is so bad with BT and Sky services that you don't go to them?

Undisputedtruth
09-08-2003, 20:32
Originally posted by Stephen Robb
Going back through this thread my conclusion is that UDT has about as much finess as a bull in a china shop. UDT, if you are that miffed about ntl: please answer two simple questions for me just to satisfy my curiousity and others on this thread.

"Now you state you think that the TV is crap; all the Internet services are crap; I assume the phone must also be crap although you haven't mentioned it so to be; CS are a bunch of liars and don't know what they are talking about (your words, not mine, through this thread at various times)"

Why are you still having ntl: services if it is that so bad?

What exactly is so bad with BT and Sky services that you don't go to them?

My custom stretches far back 10 years before NTL too over exCWC. I got nothing against the products just the idiots and their decisions and their pricing policies and their policies.......

If I wished to be subtle then it would be my choice and not yours.

Russ
09-08-2003, 20:43
My custom stretches far back 10 years before NTL too over exCWC. I got nothing against the products just the idiots and their decisions and their pricing policies and their policies.......

Out of curiosity, if you were with a company for 10 years whose customer service was as bad as you say, why stay so long with them?

Mick
09-08-2003, 20:47
Out of curiosity, if you were with a company for 10 years whose customer service was as bad as you say, why stay so long with them?

You beat me to it Russ, it is a darn good question that he will probably spin a load of crap right back at us.

Stephen Robb
09-08-2003, 20:58

But putting it simply, you have not answered the questions, you are fluffing around the edges.

I will ask them again;

If the services supplied by ntl: are that bad, why do you still have them?

What exactly is wrong with the BT and Sky services, that would make you not go to them?

I pass the ball back to your court!

homealone
09-08-2003, 21:18

But if you were more subtle, more people might listen more to what you were saying. ;)

This thread is a case in point - the topic is GOOD service from ntl. I can't comment much on that. I haven't ever had to call the support staff, so I don't know what they are like first hand. I guess that is good service, in itself.

So, rather than arguing against the members discussing their good experiences in this thread, wouldn't you get your point over better by starting a thread of your own on BAD service - for example. Just one idea on how a change of tactic might further your point of view better than your current one?

th'engineer
09-08-2003, 23:16

Russ a bit out of order nynex and CWC had good service since NTL took over its deterioated

carlingman
10-08-2003, 01:37

Oh really you have nothing against the products.

Hmm differs to this statement -

No disrespect to the above postees but if you buy a product from NTL you are asking for trouble.

I have the BT freestyle 2010, an absolutely wonderful phone I had for a year and still no problems. A very stylish device.
My previous phone was a BT DECT phone Diverse 2010 - not exactly brilliant but it did lasted several years, even taken some huge knocks.

I think the BT freestyle 2100 is a model worth considering.

I hope this helps.

Found

here (http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1718&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)

th'engineer
10-08-2003, 07:58

Found

here (http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1718&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)

Now stop winding UDT up he has a point the products are good working in controlled conditions its just they fail when they hit the field.

Examples Manchester proxies, 4000stbs, e-mail, cabinet design, customer service training, tech training, ex cwc free dial up.

Russ
10-08-2003, 08:48
Russ a bit out of order nynex and CWC had good service since NTL took over its deterioated

Not at all, the impression I had from UDT's posts is that he's always been hacked off with the service. If that's not the case and I've read it wrong then I apologise.

th'engineer
10-08-2003, 09:39
Russ we shall have to wait for a UDT reply on this, cannot comment on his views.
It would be interesting if they are the same as mine that its deterioted since NTL took over

Mick
10-08-2003, 10:29
Russ we shall have to wait for a UDT reply on this, cannot comment on his views.
It would be interesting if they are the same as mine that its deterioted since NTL took over

His view is probably going to be the same as yours, no-one is questioning this, the question was why is he still with a service he hates soooo much, because thats how it comes over in his posts? And why does he put his points over in a nasty way? You even said in a post yesterday that there was no need for him to be so nasty.

th'engineer
10-08-2003, 11:02
Quite true he might be in an area without ADSL.

I am in that situation being over the limit for distance from the BT exchange. Some friends work at a local ISP and have the same problem.

So he may not have any other way forward until powerline becomes live like myself.

The amount of people in my neighbourhood who would jump if ADSL comes along is amazing do not think the local cab would have any subcribers

Undisputedtruth
10-08-2003, 11:05

Found

Again, a member of the proNTL mob clutching at straws:rolleyes:

Here is the logic to my original statement.

Buy NTL phone. Phone becomes faulty. Speak to Customer Services. This is what I meant asking for trouble.

th'engineer
10-08-2003, 11:13

Buy NTL phone. Phone becomes faulty. Speak to Customer Services. This is what I meant asking for trouble.

Could use a mobile to phone them, then claim back the cost

Undisputedtruth
10-08-2003, 11:22
Could use a mobile to phone them, then claim back the cost

The bill will be huge, due to the long wait, and there is no guarantee they would be willing to pay this bill.

Not only that - there is the added stress of dealing with a CSR. They have this uncanny ability to wind you up.

Undisputedtruth
10-08-2003, 11:38
Quite true he might be in an area without ADSL.

I am in that situation being over the limit for distance from the BT exchange. Some friends work at a local ISP and have the same problem.

So he may not have any other way forward until powerline becomes live like myself.

The amount of people in my neighbourhood who would jump if ADSL comes along is amazing do not think the local cab would have any subcribers

ADSL is in my area. I've now decided which ADSL equipment I want to use: D-Link 300g+, Netgear WGR 614 and Netgear 511. Very stylish products which have very good performance. None of that second hand rubbish you can get from NTL.

The choice of ADSL providers is excellent. Bulldog is in my area and they can offer me a 2mbs with an upload speed of 400K connection for around £29 a month. All this without a cap and I would also expect the emails to work as well!

grum1978
10-08-2003, 12:16

You would not need to speak with customer services as it is just a branded phone any faults are dealt with by the manufacturer on the number i gave on the other thread :)

Undisputedtruth
10-08-2003, 12:50
You would not need to speak with customer services as it is just a branded phone any faults are dealt with by the manufacturer on the number i gave on the other thread :)

I have a BT branded phone and if I have a problem I can speak directly to BT about. Good products and well supported by BT. Well done! Now this is a real 5 star service. NTL have still got a lot to learn before they even reach 1 star service much less 5 stars service.

Mick
10-08-2003, 12:54
Can I remind members that this thread is about 'NTL's 5 Star Service - Yes you heard me right?!'. Please stay on topic.

Stephen Robb
10-08-2003, 13:02
UDT, you are still fluffing around the edges like a politition; and now you are talking about phones, which has nothing to do with the general theme of this thread!

(For the benefit of new readers read my posts #141 and #146)

I'll ask you yet again, and really it's only two simple answers to two simple questions:

If the services provided by ntl: are so much crap, according to you, why do you still retain them?

What is so wrong with BT and Sky that you won't take up with their services?

Undisputedtruth
10-08-2003, 23:18
UDT, you are still fluffing around the edges like a politition; and now you are talking about phones, which has nothing to do with the general theme of this thread!

(For the benefit of new readers read my posts #141 and #146)

I'll ask you yet again, and really it's only two simple answers to two simple questions:

If the services provided by ntl: are so much crap, according to you, why do you still retain them?

What is so wrong with BT and Sky that you won't take up with their services?

Indeed they are simple questions but my answers are from being simple. There is not doubt about it NTL are crap. I will not reveal whether or not I'm with NTL as this only give extra reasons for the proNTL mob to attack. I've already mention this before. However, I will be more than happy to discuss this sometime in the future.

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with BT or Sky. BT has now a better value telephony package than NTL. With BT there are 3rd parties willing to give extra discounts on calls. Therefore NTL could not possibly match BT in terms of pricing, facilities and customer services. Above all, BT offers free voice mail and free itemised billing. NTL does not either. Someone at NTL probably worked out the best way to hide their accuracies on billing issue was to charge customers £1 for itemised billing.

With Sky, they do offer better value than NTL does. Their packages does not include a telephone. For an NTL equivalent of Sky packages you will need to add £10. One of the reasons why I have not gone for Sky is that my neighbour may not appreciate a satellite dish.

Richard M
10-08-2003, 23:40
Indeed they are simple questions but my answers are from being simple. There is not doubt about it NTL are crap. I will not reveal whether or not I'm with NTL as this only give extra reasons for the proNTL mob to attack.

1) Quit your trolling.
2) This is not a war.

Stephen Robb
11-08-2003, 00:01
From UDT
Above all, BT offers free voice mail and free itemised billing. NTL does not either

Now it's funny as soon I saw this 20 minutes ago, I went straight down to BT.com, and guess what, they charge a £1.00 for their voice mail not including VAT so that makes it £1.18 per month. However ntl: charges £1.00 per month which includes the VAT so therefore ntl: is cheaper by 18 pence per month. As regards the itemised billing, I have had a phone (when ntl: was Telecentral) since June 1995 and have had free itemised bills since then; and by that I mean every phone call logged. BT only does grouping billing i.e. so many calls @xxxx and so on. A friend of mine who has been a customer of BT for over 30 years told me if he want's itemised billing he has to pay for it which is about £2.00 per group!

Undisputedtruth
11-08-2003, 00:46
From UDT

Now it's funny as soon I saw this 20 minutes ago, I went straight down to BT.com, and guess what, they charge a £1.00 for their voice mail not including VAT so that makes it £1.18 per month. However ntl: charges £1.00 per month which includes the VAT so therefore ntl: is cheaper by 18 pence per month. As regards the itemised billing, I have had a phone (when ntl: was Telecentral) since June 1995 and have had free itemised bills since then; and by that I mean every phone call logged. BT only does grouping billing i.e. so many calls @xxxx and so on. A friend of mine who has been a customer of BT for over 30 years told me if he want's itemised billing he has to pay for it which is about £2.00 per group!

The free voice mail service is called BT Answer 1571. You will need to do a bit more searching Stephen. You've confused the £1 service for the premium service.

NTL ended the free billing at the end of last year. I've already checked with BT and they do offer free billing.

Here is a link from OFTEL http://www.oftel.gov.uk/publications/1995_98/consumer/uniserv2/chap2.htm

If you look at 2.11 it will state all BT customers have free itemised billing. So Stephen you're wrong on all accounts.

Stephen Robb
11-08-2003, 02:36
As somebody said earlier on another thread, "I don't know why I am rising to this!"

originally posted by undisputedtruth
The free voice mail service is called BT Answer 1571. You will need to do a bit more searching Stephen. You've confused the £1 service for the premium service.

Yes, I'll grant you that one, but with that particular one you do not have a OGM!

NTL ended the free billing at the end of last year. I've already checked with BT and they do offer free billing.

Funny that! Since the end of last year, I have never been charged for any fully itemised billing, nor would I think any other ntl: customer has been either. BT according to your statement there; they do offer, not give, offer, in other words if you don't ask, you don't get!

Here is a link from OFTEL http://www.oftel.gov.uk/publication...serv2/chap2.htm
If you look at 2.11 it will state all BT customers have free itemised billing. So Stephen you're wrong on all accounts.

To save others wondering what 2.11 is, here it is!

2.11 All of BT s customers can obtain free itemised billing, outgoing calls barred service and premium rate service barring. The vast majority of BT s customers can also access additional services such as charge advice, selective call barring, call waiting, call diversion, three_way calling, calling line identification, call return, reminder call, and ISDN2. Competitors to BT have to compete on services offered, price and quality in order to win customers. BT offerings are thus the baseline which other operators must match or improve

As it's very hot tonight and I couldn't sleep I had a quick screw through the whole document, and it was if anyone can remember, it was the Oftel thing on BT's price screwing, unfair tactics and practices and basically get their house in order!

Now the old maxim is that you read into it what you want to read, and this covers most things! UDT says above "it will state all BT customers have free itemised billing"

2.11 says "All of BT s customers can obtain free itemised billing, outgoing calls barred service and premium rate service barring."

It's that old word again "can" not "will" and judging by the whole contents of 2.11, BT's customers don't have a very good deal compared to what ntl:'s customers do.

One little gem I found on BT.com UDT, was if you want Anonymous Call Rejection it will cost you £3.33 incl VAT per month where it is totally free on ntl:, all part of the service!

Stephen Robb
11-08-2003, 02:39
Ah well that's filled another page!!!!!!!

Mick
11-08-2003, 08:53
Hmm, just looking at the topic of this thread I do not see any mention of BT and its services.

Thus = :notopic:

orangebird
11-08-2003, 09:22
How very strange? You've already mention you been upset by my comments.

Orangebird, definitely a proNTL mob member, the sort people that will shaft you behind your back. You know the type, they smile in your face and shaft you in the back.

Yeah, you're right - the one about us in a compromising position was revolting, but the rest are hilarious..... :)

Stephen Robb
11-08-2003, 13:03
Originally posted by Dr. Plummer
Hmm, just looking at the topic of this thread I do not see any mention of BT and its services.

Thus = :notopic:

Well in all reality, you wouldn't! I think most of us have had dealings with BT in the past, especially when BT was the only operator in the area that you may have lived in. I know I have!

BT had held the total monopoly on the phone system in this country far too long. Remember the stickers on the phones "Is this call essential?" because of the peak rate? BT could do exactly what they want be cause there was no-one to challange them.

To crack their monopoly an Act of Parliament had to be passed so that Mercury could set up an alternative service. What happened? BT went into a complete funk because another company was going to be allowed to use their undergound cabling and exchanges. The rest is history. No longer could BT hold this country to ransom!

And now what can they offer? Still nothing except a phone line, and look at the cost of that to be put on! I had a laugh yesterday when I was looking around BT's site. Their BB. I live in central Reading, and I filled in my post code for the availability of BB. I was told by them I may be able to get BB, but due to my post code, I may be too far from the exchange to get it! And that's Central Reading!!!!

Anyway getting back to the thread:

ntl: is very good value for money for what they provide!

Colin
11-08-2003, 17:45
This is definetly getting off topic a little bit.

UDT - if i am what you call pro-ntl, so what, i would always prefer to be for something, than against, it takes too much energy to be angry all the time. People in this post have listened to your arguments, and most have agreed you have had bad service. The problem is, you don't seem to listen to the people who have had good service.

I am not going to ask you why you are still with NTL (if you are with ntl, i cant decide now, considering another post here) as you dont seem to answer, maybe its because you dont have an argument, who knows.

At the end of the day, a lot of people in this post have said how NTL's service has improved, the fact that it was reported in a national paper and that people are posting this proves the point in itself, and there really is not a very good argument against that

Undisputedtruth
11-08-2003, 21:16
One little gem I found on BT.com UDT, was if you want Anonymous Call Rejection it will cost you £3.33 incl VAT per month where it is totally free on ntl:, all part of the service!

I found the Anonymous Call Rejection (NCR) on NTL totally useless as my employers are unable to contact me. Even dialling 1470 before dialling doesn't do the trick. I'm unable to get caller display on my NTL line.

I can't disagree with Stephen on BT's business practice, though BT has learnt a lot from A & T and other major telecoms company in protecting their monopoly. That is business.

I will though disagree with Stephen on NTL line being better value than a BT line. It is easy to contact BT customer services 7 days a week between 8am to 10 pm and calls are usually answered straightway or within a few minutes. BT staff are careful in how they speak to customers and do not use BS. In fact BT's Chief Executive Ben Verwaayen is a great believer in Customer Services and I envisage even better customer services from BT.

Frankly, I'm not interested in the political side of the telecoms world. What I want is good, honest customer services, a phone which is good value and reliable with features that actually works. NTL fails in the things that matters to me.

Talking of broadband: NTL bb are getting poor value as each week passes. Would you rather take NTL 1 mbs service at £35 per month or would go for 2 mbs from Bulldog for around £29 per month with NO CAP and reliable emails server .:D

Undisputedtruth
11-08-2003, 21:24
This is definetly getting off topic a little bit.

UDT - if i am what you call pro-ntl, so what, i would always prefer to be for something, than against, it takes too much energy to be angry all the time. People in this post have listened to your arguments, and most have agreed you have had bad service. The problem is, you don't seem to listen to the people who have had good service.

I am not going to ask you why you are still with NTL (if you are with ntl, i cant decide now, considering another post here) as you dont seem to answer, maybe its because you dont have an argument, who knows.

At the end of the day, a lot of people in this post have said how NTL's service has improved, the fact that it was reported in a national paper and that people are posting this proves the point in itself, and there really is not a very good argument against that

I have not mentioned much about my experience with NTL. I haven't even touch the service and nor have I made a scene about it. When I spoke to Retentions about disconnecting my service, even the staff was shocked at my treatment. Believe me, I think I have the worst case of NTL treatment ever. I bet even the senior management would be shocked by it as well. The incident happened a couple of years ago and I'm still reeling it. IT IS THE WORST TREATMENT I EVER HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE FROM A CUSTOMER SERVICE SET UP.

Stephen Robb
11-08-2003, 22:40
I really do not why I am rising again to this crap again especially as I'm retired. I'm not pro or anti pro ntl:, however I will not stand by and watch a company or it's employees continually sl@gged off by a very small minded, vulgar little man.

Originally posted by undisputedtruth
I found the Anonymous Call Rejection (NCR) on NTL totally useless as my employers are unable to contact me. Even dialling 1470 before dialling doesn't do the trick. I'm unable to get caller display on my NTL line.

I find this comment very amusing as you have said in earlier posts, you have a BT phone! Also most companies phone their employees on a mobile phone, either supplied by them, or they pay you for the use of yours! Having caller display is not the end of the world or are you that paranoid you have to see who's calling you before you answer?

BT staff are careful in how they speak to customers and do not use BS

How do you know? Got any proof? Have you ever supplied one ounce (25 grams) of proof in any of your accusations in any thread either on here or .com. No you haven't, I haven't seen any nor has anybody else. It can't be substantiated and you know it!

Talking of broadband: NTL bb are getting poor value as each week passes. Would you rather take NTL 1 mbs service at £35 per month or would go for 2 mbs from Bulldog for around £29 per month with NO CAP and reliable emails server

I thought BT was having trouble with their BB in London, as they are in Reading!

From Bulldogs own site
Bulldog resells BTâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s ADSL broadband service

Oh dear! Bulldog uses BT's own gear! Well, Well Well.

Undisputedtruth
12-08-2003, 01:37
I really do not why I am rising again to this crap again especially as I'm retired. I'm not pro or anti pro ntl:, however I will not stand by and watch a company or it's employees continually sl@gged off by a very small minded, vulgar little man.

Well, at least I'm not brain washed by the proNTL mob. Must be quite easy due to the diminishing grey matter.

I find this comment very amusing as you have said in earlier posts, you have a BT phone! Also most companies phone their employees on a mobile phone, either supplied by them, or they pay you for the use of yours! Having caller display is not the end of the world or are you that paranoid you have to see who's calling you before you answer?

I'm not old and stupid to be paranoid. I would like to know who is contacting me. What is wrong with that?

How do you know? Got any proof? Have you ever supplied one ounce (25 grams) of proof in any of your accusations in any thread either on here or .com. No you haven't, I haven't seen any nor has anybody else. It can't be substantiated and you know it!

In what form would like this proof to be. Candid camera, tape recordings, interrogation on BT staff. Stephen, get real!:rolleyes:

I thought BT was having trouble with their BB in London, as they are in Reading!

Oh dear! Bulldog uses BT's own gear! Well, Well Well.
Oh dear Stephen, you don't seem to know much about anything. Bulldog have their own network in Central London. Also they install their own equipment in the local loop.

Stephen Robb
12-08-2003, 01:44
I have not mentioned much about my experience with NTL.

What? You never stop talking about it.

I haven't even touch the service and nor have I made a scene about it.

So all the posts you have posted with a lot of venom to the employees of ntl: didn't happen?

Believe me, I think I have the worst case of NTL treatment ever. I bet even the senior management would be shocked by it as well.

As somebody said earlier, did you write to the higher echelons. What was their reply? Or did you just fall out with someone again in CS

I think I have the worst case of NTL treatment ever. I bet even the senior management would be shocked by it as well. The incident happened a couple of years ago and I'm still reeling it.

Did you write to MD or the Area Director with the complaint? And what was their reply? I find it extremely odd, that a person like you, who huffs, puffs and blusters all over the place, would still be reeling after two years.

IT IS THE WORST TREATMENT I EVER HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE FROM A CUSTOMER SERVICE SET UP.

Nice to see you on the receiving end for a change!

Undisputedtruth
12-08-2003, 02:10
I deeply regret giving an answer to Stephen's post #162. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, like I did with NTL when they took over the reigns.

I shall end it there before Stephen degenerate the thread even further. Please do not be offended if I do not reply to any of your future posts. It is only because there are better people out there to discuss things with.

Stephen, I'll be glad to discuss any issues provided you know what you are talking about. Do some proper research and get back to me.

Lord Nikon
12-08-2003, 02:33
and I was about to grab some popcorn and enjoy the show lol

Stephen Robb
12-08-2003, 02:50
Posted by UndisputedtruthOh dear Stephen, you don't seem to know much about anything. Bulldog have their own network in Central London. Also they install their own equipment in the local loop.

But you live in South London, not Central London, so that would be of little use to you! They may use their equipment, but they still need BT's equipment to get there!

Posted from Bulldogs Web siteBulldog resells BTâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s ADSL broadband service through our Off-Net line of products and services.

As I said in my post #175 which obviously you didn't read properly, Bulldog uses BT's equipment and exchanges and as it says above, Bulldog resells BT's ADSL broadband

Would you rather take NTL 1 mbs service at £35 per month or would go for 2 mbs from Bulldog for around £29 per month

Actually 2Mb from Bulldog costs £37.99 excluding VAT! £44.64 with VAT.

Stephen Robb
12-08-2003, 04:00
Indeed they are simple questions but my answers are from being simple. There is not doubt about it NTL are crap. I will not reveal whether or not I'm with NTL as this only give extra reasons for the proNTL mob to attack. I've already mention this before. However, I will be more than happy to discuss this sometime in the future.

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with BT or Sky. BT has now a better value telephony package than NTL. With BT there are 3rd parties willing to give extra discounts on calls. Therefore NTL could not possibly match BT in terms of pricing, facilities and customer services. Above all, BT offers free voice mail and free itemised billing. NTL does not either. Someone at NTL probably worked out the best way to hide their accuracies on billing issue was to charge customers £1 for itemised billing.

With Sky, they do offer better value than NTL does. Their packages does not include a telephone. For an NTL equivalent of Sky packages you will need to add £10. One of the reasons why I have not gone for Sky is that my neighbour may not appreciate a satellite dish.

You call this a direct answer to two questions on post #162, I don't think so somehow!

Part 1 Are you saying that the pro ntl:'s are going to waste their time coming to visit you with baseball bats?

Part 2 I have never read such a load of old cobblers at what you have stated there. What on earth has that got with anything I fail to see.

Posted from Sky.com
Without your digibox being connected to your phone line you cannot access the full range of digital services available to you. These include booking Sky Box Office via your digital remote control, sending and receiving email, shopping and banking, the ability to play some of our fantastic games, book cinema tickets, place bets whilst you watch your favourite football team, and much more.

Part 3 Well that's where you are wrong! Sky requires you have a working land line for installation. Sky used to insist on having a BT line but that has now been dropped because of the number of phone companies. Even if you wanted to stick dish up it requires planning permission. And before you say anything on that, Cambourne in Cornwall, the Council made everyone remove the dishes from the front of the house and apply for planning permission and in the end they all had to be put on the back wall of the houses so they couldn't be seen from the front!

Russ
12-08-2003, 09:21
Even if you wanted to stick dish up it requires planning permission.

:confused:

It's the first I've heard of this...

Mick
12-08-2003, 09:22
This thread is about NTL's 5 Star Service - Yes you heard me right?!, Yeah course it is.... :rolleyes: Bang, POP, Closed!

See this thread:- http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?postid=37095#post37095