PDA

View Full Version : Champ Cars Live on TV

lemarsh
18-04-2004, 13:55
In case anyone who wants to know, but doesn't!

Champs cars starts tonight, with the first race in Long Beach. It is live on Motors TV. Only problem, i'm not sure if this is on NTL - But it is on Sky - 416.
:D :D :D

paulyoung666
18-04-2004, 17:07
In case anyone who wants to know, but doesn't!

Champs cars starts tonight, with the first race in Long Beach. It is live on Motors TV. Only problem, i'm not sure if this is on NTL - But it is on Sky - 416.
:D :D :D

nice one my mate , this must have been one of the things they were on about the other week :tu:

gary_580
18-04-2004, 17:42
hmm cable forum and you tell us something that we cant watch on cable!! grrrrrrrrr

paulyoung666
18-04-2004, 18:12
hmm cable forum and you tell us something that we cant watch on cable!! grrrrrrrrr

whoops , maybe time to move to sky :D :D :D :D

lemarsh
18-04-2004, 21:09
It was quoted in the 'non-cable' forum. However, if more cable people ask for specific channels, perhaps NTL will consider it.

gary_580
18-04-2004, 21:41
must admit id be prepared to forfeit about 50% of my channels just to get motors TV

ian@huth
18-04-2004, 21:48
must admit id be prepared to forfeit about 50% of my channels just to get motors TV

Motors TV is one of the channels that you can get with a Sky setup without having a viewing card.

Any of you seen the bit on motors tv tonight about the green boost button being used in champ cars this year? It's designed to make the races more attractive by giving the car an extra 50 bhp for a short period after it is pushed. It would be interesting to see it used in F1.

lemarsh
18-04-2004, 22:04
It's designed to make the races more attractive by giving the car an extra 50 bhp for a short period after it is pushed. It would be interesting to see it used in F1.
McLaren can't cope with an engine at normal bhp - an extra 50 bhp and that would be end of it!

One annoying thing is the 'magazine' type inserts - would prefer they kept to the racing. Interesting 1st corner pile up though - at least Justin Wilson got through

paulyoung666
18-04-2004, 23:03
i missed the race after all this , i got stuck into the cricket , which btw england won BARMY ARMY :D :D :D , i reckon i will be giving the champ cars a good looking at now that i know they are on live , btw , did anyone watch the second wsb race today , awesome would be a serious understatement :) :) :) :) :)

ian@huth
18-04-2004, 23:12
Tracy won the race with Justin Wilson coming in sixth.

The green boost button or press to pass button can be used for sixty seconds during the race and it can certainly affect the result depending on how and when it is used. Easier to use something like this on Champ cars as they all use Ford Cosworth engines.