PDA

View Full Version : Who and what address would you suggest?

SB3100
17-04-2004, 23:41
I want to send this complaint to someone at NTL (who will read and deal with the problem) anyone had any success with a person in NTL?

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to complain about the poor standard of service received from your products and personnel at NTL Coventry.

Since I was experiencing some major issues with my cable modem service from the 5th March 2004, and after numerous telephone calls to your support desk, your support engineer finally admitted to me that the services in and around the Coventry area have been over subscribed, and there is nothing they can do until a planned re-balance of the service takes place in April, I asked if I am supposed to just accept a poor service until then especially since I am paying for a 1Mb service when at most times it is operating at no better than a 56k connection? He suggested that he would put me through to customer services where I would be able to reduce my service and make a claim for the poor service.

This he did, but the CS member was not interested in any problems I had with my poor service, and suggested that maybe I should reduce my subscription to the lowest service available if I am that unhappy about it, then I would not need to make any claims for poor service in the future, his attitude to my problem really annoyed me, and I asked to speak to a supervisor, he said no-one was available to talk to (which seems to be the standard reply that any of your CS staff use when asked) I said I would hold, I was on hold for around 15 min, then I got the announcement that the caller had disconnected, this infuriated me even more so decided to see if BT could provide a 1Mb ADSL connection.

I contacted BT and they said that they could supply up to a 2Mb connection in my area, but would be subject to a line survey, so I proceeded to order a BT line (to be installed 27th March) and cancel my NTL accounts, (no-one showed any interest in why you were going to loose a customer) BT provided the line on the 27th then they discovered that the line was too far from the exchange to be able to use the 1Mb service, and that there were no plans for any upgrades in my area, as having a high speed connection is important to me I had to cancel my service from BT and reluctantly return to NTL. My BT line would be seized on 5th April I contacted NTL to cancel my cancellations and arrange for my number to be re-ported back to NTL I was informed by your CS staff that this could not be done until BT release the number on the 5th April.

On Tuesday 6th April I rang again to make sure the porting of the number was going ahead, I was told it would be completed within 6 hours, this turned out to be a lie!

On Wednesday 7th of April I was told it would be completed before 1pm they said a supervisor would ring me back I was lied to again!

On Thursday 8th of April I was told the number was active but there is a fault and would need to speak to the faults desk, the faults desk said the number had not been ported but would be within the hour again a supervisor would ring me backâ₠¬Ã‚¦..I was lied to again!

I sent an email (copy enclosed) to chris.slattery@ntl.com (chris.slattery@ntl.com), aizad.hussain@ntl.com (aizad.hussain@ntl.com), barclay@ntl.com (barclay@ntl.com) explaining the problems I have been having, I have never received a reply so is it any wonder that their staff have this attitude of not dealing with customers, when senior management figures within the NTL command structure display that very same attitude.

On Friday the 9th of April I spoke to a representative named Karen who did seem concerned and wanted to help and rectify the problem, she found that there was a problem and would have to ring me back again I asked for a supervisor or someone from management to ring me back she said she would arrange this, Karen then rang me back about 2 hours later to say that there has been an administration error and as the porting people were now on holiday there is nothing she could do until Wednesday, I said to her †œI bet the order for the porting of the number has not even been done has it?ââ‚ ¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ she said that she could not comment on that but I could be right, I asked that someone from management ring me back as I have now been without a means for people to contact me for 5 days and if they cant do anything until Wednesday that will be 10 days of no service, she said that they have to complete a log before anyone from management could call me back, I said that is what the others said, and still no-one from management has had the decency to call me back, she said that she would make a note of my request, no call backââ‚ ¬Ã‚¦Ã¢â ‚¬Â¦lied to again!

On Wednesday 14th April I contacted NTL to make sure that the number was getting ported, I was told it would beâ₠¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢à ¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¦ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¦.I was lied to again!

On Thursday 15th April I contacted NTL and the CS said that there was no order to re-port my number back to NTL and he could take the order now, I explained in a calm and dignified manor about what has been happening since the 5th, he apologised for the problems and would make sure that someone called me back, later that day I received a call from someone from the porting dept to say that they line is now active, I asked about someone from management calling me back, she said that she doubtÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s it because the problem has now been rectified

It appears to me that not only do NTL have a policy of continually lying to their customers, but also think that if they ignore a customers complaint it will go away, I can assure you now this complaint will not just disappear like many others may have done because of lack of response from NTL management.

When I cancelled my services with NTL I also cancelled my Direct Debits, but when I then cancelled my cancellations I gave new DD instructions over the telephone to not only your accounts dept but also your CS dept, I received notice from NTL that you have been informed by my bank that the DDâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s had been cancelled, I contacted NTL and was told to ignore those notices as they are automatically generated when a DD is cancelled. Today I received another notice that the bank refused to pay two DDâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s because the details had been cancelled, yet your accounts dept say that they have the two accounts with active DDâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s I have now got tired of doing all the chasing to get things sorted because your staff seem incapable of doing it, so if you want these details double checked or corrected then it is in your interest to contact me on either 02476 XXXX after 18:00 or 07971 XXXX anytime, but I am sure you already have those details on your records, because I have gave them to your Customers Services so many times.

I expect a reply to address my complaints and the offer of a satisfactory refund/compensation for poor service from your product and services within 28 days if you choose to continually ignore my requests to address my complaints I will be left with no alternative but to contact all of the following Ofcom, Otelo, and the OFT and ask these bodies to take an active part in getting NTL to acknowledge and address a complaint from a dissatisfied customer.

Regards

They have realy ****ed me off and if i could go to another service provider I would be off like a whippet

Chris W
17-04-2004, 23:48
what area do you live in?

Nikko
17-04-2004, 23:56
I want to send this complaint to someone at NTL (who will read and deal with the problem) anyone had any success with a person in NTL?

They have realy ****ed me off and if i could go to another service provider I would be off like a whippet

Yes you do have a problem. You went off like a whippet and now your tail is between your legs when you try to skulk back.

Just perhaps you have really ****ed them off too, with that mindset?

In canine terms, don't bite the hand that feeds you - because you just might starve elsewhere.

Paul
18-04-2004, 00:45

Well the first line of the letter says Coventry ....

SB3100
18-04-2004, 00:46
Coventry

SB3100
18-04-2004, 00:56
Yes you do have a problem. You went off like a whippet and now your tail is between your legs when you try to skulk back.

Just perhaps you have really ****ed them off too, with that mindset?

In canine terms, don't bite the hand that feeds you - because you just might starve elsewhere.
Skulk back........Not sure if you know about the diconnection process but you have to give the 30 days notice, my disconnection and reconnection was within the 30 days so I was still a paying customer, but the point is that there is still a issue with poor service on the cable modem (even though I have now reduced it to 512k) also during all my telecomms with them they still did not process the order for the number re-port untill the following week, the normal process for number re-port once the number has been made available is 1 - 6 hours depending on how busy they are and what frame of mind they are in.

In reality I think it was too much for the people they employ to understand that a NTL number was comming back to NTL.......they probably do not get the training to address something like this, because it is such a rarety when it happens :)

*disclaimer....no offence intended to those that do try and make things better for their customers :):)

Edit: Derogatory term edited out.

Nikko
18-04-2004, 01:19
Skulk back........Not sure if you know about the diconnection process but you have to give the 30 days notice, my disconnection and reconnection was within the 30 days so I was still a paying customer, but the point is that there is still a issue with poor service on the cable modem (even though I have now reduced it to 512k) also during all my telecomms with them they still did not process the order for the number re-port untill the following week, the normal process for number re-port once the number has been made available is 1 - 6 hours depending on how busy they are and what frame of mind they are in.

In reality I think it was too much for the people they employ to understand that a NTL number was comming back to NTL.......they probably do not get the training to address something like this, because it is such a rarety when it happens :)

*disclaimer....no offence intended to those that do try and make things better for their customers :):)

Edit: Derogatory term edited out.

I fully understand the notice period, yes. Your number will have been released for porting. If you then do a reversal, the number that has been released then has to be released back from the subscribed to provider, who you then gave notice to in order to make this happen.

Looking at the timescale in your earlier post, all this occurred leading up to, and including the 4 day Easter 2 Bank Holiday weekend. A standard number port takes 10 days - an aborted one to revert back would take 20, add on the 4 day weekend - hopefully that explains things, and now you are a customer again, this will make it better.

SB3100
18-04-2004, 01:30
On Thursday 15th April I contacted NTL and the CS said that there was no order to re-port my number back to NTL and he could take the order now

Done that same day in fact within 4 hours, I dont know how NTL work but speaking with BT they have said once they released the number it should have only been a matter of hours before the number was live again.

Nikko
18-04-2004, 01:39
[/size][/font]

Done that same day in fact within 4 hours, I dont know how NTL work but speaking with BT they have said once they released the number it should have only been a matter of hours before the number was live again.

If they took the order on the 15th, its 10 days to port it back. Its hours once its released, but there is a 7 day notice period to release it, plus a couple of admin days to process it = 10 days.

carlingman
18-04-2004, 01:44
Hi SB3100,

Take a look here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/kb/19/who-are-the-people-in-charge-of-ntlhome)

You should find the address of the person you need.

Im guessing it may be Alan Grant.

Although some of the Mods/Admin may have a more direct contact name.

:)

Marge
18-04-2004, 01:51
Hi SB3100,

Take a look here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/kb/19/who-are-the-people-in-charge-of-ntlhome)

You should find the address of the person you need.

Im guessing it may be Alan Grant.

Although some of the Mods/Admin may have a more direct contact name.

:)

No sorry, wouldn't be Alan

carlingman
18-04-2004, 01:57
No sorry, wouldn't be Alan

:nworthy: :nworthy:

:sorry:

Perhaps someone can point out who is the MD for SB3100s region then.

:angel:

Marge
18-04-2004, 02:04
Carlingman :hugs:

Think it would be whoever covers the Midlands area, Alan has left us now and gone elsewhere which is a shame cos he's a brill fella

Nikko
18-04-2004, 02:04
:nworthy: :nworthy:

:sorry:

Perhaps someone can point out who is the MD for SB3100s region then.

I suspect Coventry is now Midlands, listed On this page (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/kb/19/who-are-the-people-in-charge-of-ntlhome)

carlingman
18-04-2004, 02:08
Carlingman :hugs:

Think it would be whoever covers the Midlands area, Alan has left us now and gone elsewhere which is a shame cos he's a brill fella

:shocked: :shocked:

Never knew Alan had left.

Myself had some dealings with Alan from my time with NTL and as you say was a top bloke.

Another good one that left was the Luton Manager Tom Barnes who is or was a member here at some point.

Marge
18-04-2004, 02:14
:shocked: :shocked:

Never knew Alan had left.

Myself had some dealings with Alan from my time with NTL and as you say was a top bloke.

Another good one that left was the Luton Manager Tom Barnes who is or was a member here at some point.

sorry, not made myself clear, it's late and i'm stupid :dunce:

He's gone to the other side of ntl now we've split so he is still about but just not at our place anymore.

Alanmelon
18-04-2004, 02:44
On Thursday 15th April I contacted NTL and the CS said that there was no order to re-port my number back to NTL and he could take the order now, I explained in a calm and dignified manor about what has been happening since the 5th, he apologised for the problems and would make sure that someone called me back

You may want to edit that manor to manner before sending the letter ;)

td444
18-04-2004, 20:05
Send a copy to a local newspaper - NTL have got to learn one day...

threadbare
18-04-2004, 20:12
Customer Care Team
ntl
Matrix Court
Siemens Way
Enterprise Park Swansea
SA7 9BB

edit: btw support staff don't lie when they say someone will call you back. If a callback it is not made then it is the person who should have called you back that has let you donw the support staff that logged your call.

another edit: this is to complain about your cm modem service not the number port malarki