PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take NTL to register cancellation?

Peter_Stanley
17-04-2004, 18:07
The reason I ask is because I cancelled telephone and TV on 23 Februrary by calling the disconnections team and following up with a letter to Bartley Wood. I believe the T&C require a month's notice, so the cancellation should have been effective from 23 March.

However, on 22 March NTL debited my bank account the £28 family pack subscription for the period 5 April to 4 May.

I phoned CS, confirmed that the account was scheduled for cancellation but was told that billing continues until the effective cancellation date, i.e. NTL take money for a period after the effective cancellation date even though they have confirmed the cancellation! According to the CS advisor, my only recourse was to await a refund or invoke the DD guarantee. So I phoned my bank, clawed back the payment and cancelled all my NTL direct debits except broadband.

On 27 March I wrote to NTL at Bartley Wood again, advising them of my actions and additionally asking for a refund of the overpaid TV subscription for 24 March to 4 April (£11.20 by my calculation).

On 30 March I sent a cheque for the princely sum of 12 pence for my latest telephone bill. NTL cashed this cheque on 8 April.

Since then I have received 2 letters from NTL querying why my direct debits have been cancelled (just maybe so they can't take any more money I don't owe them!) and another TV bill for the period 5 April to 4 May.

No response to my letters and nothing seeking to arrange collection of the STB.

:mad:

PS. According to the answerphone CS are only open until 5pm on a Saturday, not 6pm as stated in the Customer services opening hours thread.