PDA

View Full Version : will UK RFU triumph ?

bopdude
21-06-2003, 06:25
Can they, will they beat the ausies ( no disrespect ) for the first time ( test ) on ausie soil, i think thats right, but in there present form i say, bring it on

poolking
21-06-2003, 09:08
Definetly, but it will a close one like the one with the all blacks.

We are not the no 1 in the world for nothing. :)

Gogogo
21-06-2003, 09:28
The English RFU team are a credit to their country, they actually do win games and they are actually seen to be making the effort to win unlike certain other sports.

:)

rippedoff
25-06-2003, 14:01
The difference with RFU is that the players are in it for the game first and foremeost - money is secondary - so you have the will to win, the pride in being best and you give it your all.

Unlike the wimps like Henman and Beckham et al who are only in it for the money. They have no drive to win, because win or lose they will still be alright financially.

This will not happen often.... but.... I have to say....the English RFU Team are blinding at the moment, and they deserve all they get!

Now.... back to supporting the Scotland RFU
:wavey: :D

bopdude
25-06-2003, 14:11
Originally posted by rippedoff
The difference with RFU is that the players are in it for the game first and foremeost - money is secondary - so you have the will to win, the pride in being best and you give it your all.

Unlike the wimps like Henman and Beckham et al who are only in it for the money. They have no drive to win, because win or lose they will still be alright financially.

This will not happen often.... but.... I have to say....the English RFU Team are blinding at the moment, and they deserve all they get!

Now.... back to supporting the Scotland RFU
:wavey: :D

Yes they carry a lot of pride with them and for good reason, they are IMHO the best in the world at the moment

kronas
25-06-2003, 14:12
some input here...................

rugby sucks football rules :D :D :D :D :D

imback
25-06-2003, 14:13
You wanna try being Welsh right now :(

bopdude
25-06-2003, 14:15
Originally posted by imback
You wanna try being Welsh right now :(

No thanks imback....lol

And kronas :nono: rugby is THE game of choice m8y, well for me that is

kronas
25-06-2003, 14:18
Originally posted by bopdude

And kronas :nono: rugby is THE game of choice m8y, well for me that is

tell that to the millions around the world who like football

compared to the thousands who like rugby :p ;) :D :p

bopdude
25-06-2003, 14:21
Originally posted by kronas

Ouch, very ouch... dont be under any false impressions, rugby HAS a huge following, I was in S.A. for the '95 world cup, absolutely staggering the buzz was electrifying

kronas
25-06-2003, 14:23
Originally posted by bopdude
Ouch, very ouch... dont be under any false impressions, rugby HAS a huge following, I was in S.A. for the '95 world cup, absolutely staggering the buzz was electrifying

i know its BIG but not as big as the universal language that is football or for the yanks soccer :rolleyes: :wavey:

imback
25-06-2003, 15:29
i know its BIG but not as big as the universal language that is football or for the yanks soccer :rolleyes: :wavey:

I think you will find soccer is a minority sport in some of the largest countries in the world, in US it's 4th choice at best, in Canda it's not even considerd, in Some parts of Europe (Russia, Slovakia) it is 2nd behind ice hockey.

Football is a European sport not a world thing.

I do prefer football though:D

TigaSefi
25-06-2003, 15:30
football is massive in South America too

Gogogo
25-06-2003, 15:31

You are playing with numbers, rugby has a huge following wouldn't be bothered about counting supporters, rugby fans are serious, thoughtful, sensible people unlike a number of soccer fans. What amazes me is in comparing the English Rugby teams success with England soccer teams miserable performances why anybody supports such fashion conscious wallies as the English soccer team are. Do English soccer players really believe in what they are doing when they are primarily concerned about their own club contracts. Rugby players as someone else has written love their game and play to win not to prance around as soccer players do dribbling with a ball to impress their girlfriends.

:wavey:

imback
25-06-2003, 15:38
Originally posted by TigaSefi
football is massive in South America too

Indeed it does, but what I am trying to point out is when people say it's a universal sport, it's cobblers, there is no such thing. Every culture has it's own activities, and some nations couldn't give a toss about their football team.

Ramrod
25-06-2003, 15:41
football...rugby...its all a load of ballocks:D

poolking
25-06-2003, 16:08
Rugby is a real man's game, stich 'em up and send 'em back out again, none of this I've cut myself I have to leave the pitch for the rest of the game. :D

kronas
25-06-2003, 16:44
I think you will find soccer is a minority sport in some of the largest countries in the world, in US it's 4th choice at best, in Canda it's not even considerd, in Some parts of Europe (Russia, Slovakia) it is 2nd behind ice hockey.

Football is a European sport not a world thing.

I do prefer football though:D

i know about the US and other countries having diffarent sports as there number 1

imback
25-06-2003, 16:51
i know about the US and other countries having diffarent sports as there number 1

So you were wrong when you said but not as big as the universal language that is football then ?:D

Like I said I prefer footy too, just realise it's not the whole worlds chosen game that's all :)

kronas
25-06-2003, 16:54
So you were wrong when you said then ?:D

Like I said I prefer footy too, just realise it's not the whole worlds chosen game that's all :)

lol you took that too serious it was a joke just to stir something up for the rugby fans :D :D :D

imback
25-06-2003, 17:00
lol you took that too serious it was a joke just to stir something up for the rugby fans :D :D :D

I know but I love to hound you mate:D

kronas
25-06-2003, 17:05
I know but I love to hound you mate:D

DAMN YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p :D :D :D :D :D

imhere ? or i am a f***er :wavey:

imback
25-06-2003, 17:20
DAMN YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p :D :D :D :D :D

imhere ? or i am a f***er :wavey:

Well thought I'd change my userneame you never know NTL may not like us posting here. Wonderd how long it would take you mate:D

kronas
25-06-2003, 17:21
Well thought I'd change my userneame you never know NTL may not like us posting here. Wonderd how long it would take you mate:D

i knew it was you just checking though ya never know

*cough spy cough* :p :p ;) :D :p

imback
25-06-2003, 17:30

*cough spy cough* :p :p ;) :D :p

:D I'm no spy :D

kronas
25-06-2003, 17:33
:D I'm no spy :D

i can see it now.................

*imback moniters the site to give feedback to ntl via internal email and phone calls through a 'special' line

NTL: hey imback moniter this site we made a cockup with the .com site and we need you to moniter so if it starts getting in the news we can buy it out :rolleyes: ;) :wavey: :) :D :D :D ;)

imback
25-06-2003, 17:44
i can see it now.................

*imback moniters the site to give feedback to ntl via internal email and phone calls through a 'special' line

NTL: hey imback moniter this site we made a cockup with the .com site and we need you to moniter so if it starts getting in the news we can buy it out :rolleyes: ;) :wavey: :) :D :D :D ;)

Ha yeah man that's why I'm here :D Me and the mods will arrange a fair price and get our cut in the end:)