PDA

View Full Version : Word To Ntl Billing And Debt Collection Dept.

NitroNutter
16-04-2004, 08:32
OK lets get it on
WHY does ntl take 4 weeks or more to allocate a debit card payment to my account, and EVEN LONGER for bad Service REBATES.
Why does NTL use 2nd class post for bills which takes at least a week to get to me then accuse ME of BEING LATE to pay
Now Carol from your DEBT Collection department tells me THE ENTIRE £80 odd Pounds detailed on this months bill is not just outstanding IT IS OVERDUE. BILL ARRIVED @ 7.45am Today BUT the FULL AMMOUNT IS WAY OVERDUE. GET REAL.
Now my situation:
I do not ring NTL tek unless NTL have an OUTAGE. when NTL have an OUTAGE it can be 2-6 weeks to fix. No I will never pay you In advance for a service I might get or might NOT.
I have been a cable customer long Before You NTL was in MY area. IV allways maintained my payments.
I Do NOT owe for what you take a month to allocate and I do not owe till the bill drops thru my door.

Now as usuall YOU will get a PAYMENT within 10 days of my BILL. However as your getting quicker to fire NON-PAYMENT accusation and SLOWER to send BILLs and ALLOCATE payments I will HAVE to spend £2 to the credit referall agencies.
IF I Find 1 Instance of NTL blackmarking me, I will QUIT your SERTVICE.
I will MAKE full RECORDS Of all the details. I WILL Then NOT PAY YOU THE LAST REMAINING OUTSTANDING BALANCE so it forces you to take me to COURT. Then I will BE elligable for Legal AID and I will Counter SUE not just for INCORRCT ACCUSATIONS but for SLANDER too, Because telling LIES to thrid parties, especially OFFICIAL third parties is 100% slander.

Now I know someone is gonna tell me use direct debit. go away. I DO NOT WRITE BLANK CHEQUES for NOONE, and the DD guarantee is not worth the paper its written on.

zoombini
16-04-2004, 08:37
Sounds familier....

Paul
16-04-2004, 09:10
Now I know someone is gonna tell me use direct debit. go away. I DO NOT WRITE BLANK CHEQUES for NOONE, and the DD guarantee is not worth the paper its written on.

A Direct Debit is not a blank cheque and the DD guarantee is exactly that - I have used it a number of times to have payments reversed.

NitroNutter
16-04-2004, 09:29
A Direct Debit is not a blank cheque and the DD guarantee is exactly that - I have used it a number of times to have payments reversed.A Direct Debit is nothing else but a BLANK cheque ESPECIALLY if youve not got the bill till a week after the due date so you didnt know how much was needed, GET IT. and then theres double bill instance, YES IT HAPPENS just as INCORRECT BILLING happens. Its not the hassle of recovering the one bad payment its the hassle of trying to recover the KNOCK on effect where there is no sympathy for the customer it generally a TUFF TITTIE attitude.
On top DD on a variable fee is yes AN OPEN CHEQUE.
Iv offered standing order but its not satisfactory to NTL.
Now as i said go away you cannot possibly prove DD on any unknown/variable fee is NOT OPEN CHEQUE, as it is most certainly noothing else BUT.

Hell's Child
16-04-2004, 09:34
IF I Find 1 Instance of NTL blackmarking me, I will QUIT your SERTVICE.
I will MAKE full RECORDS Of all the details. I WILL Then NOT PAY YOU THE LAST REMAINING OUTSTANDING BALANCE so it forces you to take me to COURT. Then I will BE elligable for Legal AID and I will Counter SUE not just for INCORRCT ACCUSATIONS but for SLANDER too, Because telling LIES to thrid parties, especially OFFICIAL third parties is 100% slander.
Unfortunatally, from what I am aware, legal aid doesn't allow for counter suing, the costs for this are very high. Ntl will not be forced into taking you to court, and it is vary rare that ntl would in fact take an individual to court to recover a nominal amount, if it's thousands then maybee but if its pounds (anthything under £800) then the debt is usually "sold" to a debt collection agency who will then take up the case, then you definatally can't counter sue. Also, in a court of law it's you word against ntl's, unfortunatally for your sake ntl records wills show the date the bill was sent on, now if that doesn't arrive to you it isn't ntl's fault, it isn't yours either and case closed, nobody wins.

However, if you find out your billing date it would make it easier for you. If you don't recieve a bill within 5-7 days of your billing date, call in and let them know... that way they will record it, and also make sure another one is sent out, without a detrimental effect to your credit rating. This is just a suggestion that should help, take it on board if you wish or don't, it's up to you.

Now I know someone is gonna tell me use direct debit. go away. I DO NOT WRITE BLANK CHEQUES for NOONE, and the DD guarantee is not worth the paper its written on.DD? utter b0ll0x, it is law, it is a guarantee that the banks are governed by, and all of the points are valid. It is not a blank cheque, especially if you are on Cable Broadband only, your charges are a SET monthly fee. if you don't like this fair enough not everyone does but this really doesn't make sense. Have you tried speaking to somebody about this? Maybe you'd get somewhere if you did.

Julian
16-04-2004, 09:40
I could be wrong here... but I'm sure you'll find that you have to have received the bill for the direct debit to be taken. This is a legal point afaik.

My bill arrives (2nd class ) on or around the 5th of the month, the dd doesn't come out until the 18th or after.

I'll check my contract... I'm sure it is in there. :)

Julian
16-04-2004, 09:44
Found it... It is on the dd guarantee...

If the amount to be paid or the payment dates change ntl will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. :)

Hell's Child
16-04-2004, 09:44
Now as i said go away you cannot possibly prove DD on any unknown/variable fee is NOT OPEN CHEQUE, as it is most certainly noothing else BUT.If you have come on here for help, you certainly have the wrong attitude. Attacking people, especially mods, isn't going to help your situation. You want help??? Try being a bit more respectfull to people and you may get it.

Hell's Child
16-04-2004, 09:49
Found it... It is on the dd guarantee...

:)
Yeah but this guy doesn't think the dd guarentee is worth the paper it's written on.

Your completely correct though, the bill comes approx 10 days before the DD comes out, thats from somebody who works for ntl.
My bill at home also arrives about 10 days before the money is taken, and If I have any disputes, it gives me time to get it sorted out.

Russ
16-04-2004, 10:01
Another angle on this - all NTL would have to do is prove the letter was sent at least 10 working days before they took the amount. Whether or not it gets to you within this time is another matter as a third party then becomes involved - the Royal Mail, who will only be held liable for delayed mail if it has not arrived within 15(!!!) days of postage.

Oh and as for the dd guarantee - it's legally binding, anyone who thinks otherwise has obviously never tried making a valid claim on it.

Neil
16-04-2004, 10:51
Another angle on this - all NTL would have to do is prove the letter was sent at least 10 working days before they took the amount. Whether or not it gets to you within this time is another matter as a third party then becomes involved - the Royal Mail, who will only be held liable for delayed mail if it has not arrived within 15(!!!) days of postage.

Oh and as for the dd guarantee - it's legally binding, anyone who thinks otherwise has obviously never tried making a valid claim on it.

They cant prove it Russ-they have no way whatsoever.

The other problem with DD, is that it doesn't cover you for the companies billing errors. If the company you have a DD with sends you a bill that is wrong, & then takes that amount by DD, then the DD guarantee is useless, as they effectively took the right amount (according to the bill anyway)

The DD guarantee comes into effect if (for example) they send you a bill for £100, but take £200 via DD-Then the bank would refund the extra £100.

So whilst I don't agree that the DD Guarantee is 'not worth the paper it's written on', I have to say it's not foolproof.

goblin
16-04-2004, 11:17

I thought I would jump in on this discussion at this point as I have actually tried to make a claim under the direct debit scheme and what the OP says is correct in my experience. Owing to the amount being taken each month being "variable" it is tantamount to "writing a blank cheque".

My circumstances were these. Back in the days when NTL was starting their "free" internet service. I was one of the "lucky" ones who was given authority to use the (as it was then) Diamond Cable connection as freely as I liked "All day and night if you wish Sir" as the lady at NTL repeatedly told me. At the end of each month my "call charges" to that one number were deleted or "credited" back to my account by the assistant to a nice lady called M Stoltz.

Obviously everything went smoothly for a few months. Up untill the PA to M Stoltz left on maternity leave, at which point M Stoltz herself took over the "credits" back to my account. A few months later, I got a bill for some £500+ in addition to my usual call charges etc. A day after that arrived (a Saturday) I received another demand from NTL explaining I had to pay an additional £274 for that month "due to excessive usage" of the telephone line. I immediatly got on the phone and called M Stoltz' department for an explanation. I didn't manage to speak to her as she was "out of the office". So I emailed her\telephoned her\left voicemail messages. Eventually I managed to contact her and she advised me she would "sort it out". I advised NTL's "Collections Department" about this, only to find the next week that nothing had been sorted out and I still had this debt. I tried to contact her the following Monday only to be eventually told that M Stoltz' department had ceased to be and that any enquiries of the type I was enquiring about had to go through Customer Services. Obviously they weren't interested and weren't exactly a great deal of help. Needless to say, I had to pay up and do it imediately otherwise NTL would cancel all my services and I would be charged again for reconnection.

I thought at the time - Ahh no need to worry, the money was taken via Direct Debit. They *Guarantee* against such things. But as the OP has found out, the DD guarantee doesn't cover payments taken as "Utilities" as these by their very nature are "Variable". Furthermore as my bank\s advised me once I have signed the "direct debit mandate" for a particular company it is "like giving that company a blank cheque".

Obviously, since this experience I have been a little more cautious as to which companies direct debit mandates I authorise. One company I shall NEVER give dd authority to again is NTL.

NitroNutter
16-04-2004, 16:08
If you have come on here for help, you certainly have the wrong attitude. Attacking people, especially mods, isn't going to help your situation. You want help??? Try being a bit more respectfull to people and you may get it.I have not attacked anyone so dont make FALSE accusations

Note: thread title. My entire thread starting post was directed @ NTL
Note: my last paragraph where I read how someone may respond and ASKED them not too.
Now the thread is turning into a discussion on DD when its about NTL failing allocate payments and credits in a satisfactory period of time, and too boot TELLING me my bill is WAY overdue before or @ the point of arrival when they use second class.

As for anyone who believes a DD is not an OPEN CHEQUE dont fool yourself ask your legal advisor and your financial advisor.
The end on DD please get back to the original Topic of NTL failing to allocate within reasonable time and delayed bill sending.
Last year NTL was something liek 30Mil in the red, this year they are approx 50 mil in the black, this is without taking into account their DELAYED allocation method which just on BB alone @ average spend of £20 x 1 million customers = a further 20 million in the black.
Are they spending any ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â£ÃƒÆ ’‚£ on improving their systems and staffing or just creaming it?

Maggy
16-04-2004, 16:22
Deckchair out and a nice cup of tea to hand.Incog waits for someone to offer to help NitroNutter.:)

paulyoung666
16-04-2004, 16:25
I have not attacked anyone so dont make FALSE accusations

Note: my last paragraph where I read how someone may respond and ASKED them not too.
Now the thread is turning into a discussion on DD when its about NTL failing allocate payments and credits in a satisfactory period of time, and too boot TELLING me my bill is WAY overdue before or @ the point of arrival when they use second class.

As for anyone who believes a DD is not an OPEN CHEQUE dont fool yourself ask your legal advisor and your financial advisor.
The end on DD please get back to the original Topic of NTL failing to allocate within reasonable time and delayed bill sending.
Last year NTL was something liek 30Mil in the red, this year they are approx 50 mil in the black, this is without taking into account their DELAYED allocation method which just on BB alone @ average spend of £20 x 1 million customers = a further 20 million in the black.
Are they spending any ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â£ÃƒÆ ’‚£ on improving their systems and staffing or just creaming it?

then if you are not getting any joy with ntl , report it to ofcom ;)

Graham F
16-04-2004, 16:54
I have not attacked anyone so dont make FALSE accusations

This is a discussion forum and seen as you mentioed DD's people are entitled to discuss it as it is on topic. It seems that you just want to rant and have no intraction with people on here unless they agree with what you are saying?!?!

I don't know where you get your figures from but ntl is still in the red from what I know. ntl are currently spending £100mil lion on getting everyone onto one system. (this is a rough figure)

Derek
16-04-2004, 16:58
NitroNutter,

Maybe if you calmed down a little and gave some useful information (such as where abouts in the country you are etc.) someone might decide to help you.

Alternatively you can continue to throw your toys out of the pram and we'll all sit back and watch the show.

Hell's Child
16-04-2004, 16:58
ntl owes approx £3billi on in total, some way short of your estimated £20mill .
Even if the company is making money (which is what they are here for after all) the money is being used to pay interest on that £3billi on and to start making a dent on that £3billi on.

I tried to help, I asked a question, have you tried talking to billing about it??

Ok you said don't mention dd, but it is an option and to tell someone to "go away" because they were explaining that, for them, the dd option works, is attacking somebody in my opinion. If you differ in opinion, fair enough, but if you want help don't be so quick to bite back, you may just find yourself no better off.

As for it being directed at ntl, I work for ntl, and so, in part, I presume some of it is directed employees, Like I say, have you tried speaking to billing about it?

You will also find that you won't be black-listed unless you fail to pay for 3 months.

As for payment, your best option is to recieve the bill and call them up and pay it on c/card. This way the money is taken instantly and a note made of it on the system and the money is credited to you account within 5 working days.

Hell's Child
16-04-2004, 17:02
I don't know where you get your figures from but ntl is still in the red from what I know. ntl are currently spending £100mil lion on getting everyone onto one system. (this is a rough figure)This is correct £100mil l approx is the figure being spent on bringing in one system across the country, i.e harmony. This should EASE billing issues and help regions work better together.

It will also mean saving money on new system implimentaions, as opposesed to paying ibm for changing codes on 6 different systems (at approx £20,000 per change) and leaves only one change needed, thus saving money, which can be spent on getting rid of the debt/network upgrades.

Paul
16-04-2004, 17:36
A Direct Debit is nothing else but a BLANK cheque ESPECIALLY if youve not got the bill till a week after the due date so you didnt know how much was needed, GET IT. and then theres double bill instance, YES IT HAPPENS just as INCORRECT BILLING happens. Its not the hassle of recovering the one bad payment its the hassle of trying to recover the KNOCK on effect where there is no sympathy for the customer it generally a TUFF TITTIE attitude.
On top DD on a variable fee is yes AN OPEN CHEQUE.
Iv offered standing order but its not satisfactory to NTL.
Now as i said go away you cannot possibly prove DD on any unknown/variable fee is NOT OPEN CHEQUE, as it is most certainly noothing else BUT.

I have no idea what you think you are going to achieve by being so ignorant to people, shouting & ranting in general, and at me in particular - I can assure you that I am not going to go away.

If you continue to take this aggressive attitude towards people in this topic I think you may soon find that you will "go away" as you so politely put it.

Neil
16-04-2004, 17:36
thus saving money, which can be spent on getting rid of the debt/network upgrades.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah right-no offence, but like that's ever gonna happen. ;)

NitroNutter
17-04-2004, 04:39
1. Funny how this site, a short while after re-opening as .co.uk reported NTL in 50 odd mill of black money instead of the usuall 30+ mill of red. So sorry if I was mis informed but that happened here on the news portal. Not my fault. It was also mentioned at the time how 2 directors gave themselves sum juicy bonus for their endeavors and achievements. If i read this wrong sorry.
some 3 billion in the red now I hear, better not be trading against UK company trading law on debt and insolvency.
2. I specifically said dont say dd mainly because dd only suits those who have more fortune than those on tight budgets.
3.why if a cable bill is fixed is standing order not satisfactory for NTL ?
DD = open/blank cheque, perhaps its because NTL have full control of it, unless you cancel it.
standing order is more customer controlled and fixed.
4. best way to pay is credit card, 5 days to be allocated?? complete lies, maybe 5 days from payment date to leave your bank account if you check your statement, but all to often NTL have it sat on their system for weeks before its allocated.
Since the recent changes in ntl billing system there system has got worse.

Fact I recieve my bill almost every month between the 12th-16th, (seems more like the 16th recently), This bill takes approx 7 days to get to me? meaning its despatched around the 9th. I pay within 1 7-10 days of bill receipt = 26th at latest, 5 days to recieve and allocate = 1st latest depending on the month . Now after these recent billing changes NTL made this payment has never shown on the bill, it shows the previous months payment instead. So 5 days is a joke.
Fact a due ammount is not due till a client recives an invoice/bill for due ammount. so if DD customers is not due till 10 days after bill arrival how can a non direct debit customer be way overdue by the time a bill arrives?
NTL's old billing system:
I used to get my bill usually before the 10th, I would usually pay within 7-10 days, that paymeny allways showed on net bill. So what has gone wrong. Bad service rebates have allways took 4-6 weeks to allocate, why? thats is money that doesnt need any transfering its allready on NTL system. Perhaps its because NTL hope to lose the rebate, this has happened so I advise yuo to check any rebates definatly got allocated.

NTL is one of the only utility companies that charge in advance, for a service that may not arrive at all, arrive spasmodically or I will admit is generally there, however iv had a few outages from NTL's fault that have taken upto 6 weeks to rectify. I mean it took them 3 weeks to change a cable modem that was DOA, and if I hadnt rang them several times a week I think I would still be waiting to day for a replacement. Why because NTL do not train there staff properly, many do not know correct procedure, In tech in billing and in sales. There fortunately are some who do know their job so eventually NTL may just get it right, seems it will allways be eventually tho.

Now if you work for NTL and you agree with the managements and billing new dictatorial attitude then fine you will obviously feel an angry customer is some nobody who doesnt matter. You support the new very poor system that will deem slander and false accusations against long term loyal customers, Ive been a cable customer for some 8 years or so, way before NTL was in my area, My bill has in the most part allways been up to date, it has slipped my mind to pay my bill some 3 times in these 8 years and iv allways quickly rectified that. NTL's billing dept. has never been in such a poor state since these recent changes.
Funny how the lady I spoke to this morning seemed born to totally disagree and be offensive towards the customer, so I asked to speak to a manager after speaking my mind to her. Now did a manager ring? no, why not, did she fail to pass it over? or was the manager to chicken to listen to a customer that is right?
I know im right as earlier this week I lost service, I noticed a few hours later when I went to go online, performed the usual fault procedures to no avail, and rang tech, who discovered I was suspended, put me thru to customer support who quickly realised supsension was false, I had indeed paid like allways and service was back before we finnished our phone conversation. Profoundly appologised for the NTL mishap.
So is, Under the new system, this going to be a monthly occurence for me? falsely suspended service, quickly re-instated, then to follow a debt letter, of which is threatening and false in content?
If so then I have every right to vent my feelings, falsely supsending an account is one thing, falsely accusing a client is another, notifying a third party such as experion with incorrect information is illegal, it is slander, it can have a major effect on the targeted party. Again for a company to do this anyway when they have no credit agreement with me would be illegal. Dont pipe on about contract, NTL do not have one with me. they have never put in writing their terms of service so nothing exists.
If you feel I have no right to such feelings or voicing them, then thats your choice, and if you have that attitude and work for a company such as NTL then we know exactly why such companies are in such a poor state.
Now if you feel from my 2 or 3 posts in this thread you have been personally attacked by myself then i pity you, I started the thread and was retorted against as being incorrect. that is fine as that is your opinion, but now it seems Im not entitled to further post my opinion that the person who quoted me is incorrect with their retort and explain why as others have also done in this thread. One thing is for sure I DID NOT START THE QUOTING others as incorrect.

NitroNutter
17-04-2004, 05:22
Now for the direct debit thing, please go and start a thread on Direct debit, this thread was started to assertain why NTL's billing dept. is in such poor state.

You may quote this in the direct debit thread:
yes you maybe able to recover from the DD guarantee any overpayments, but you will find it very hard to recover any knock on effects of such an occurance.

what are the knock on effects of say a double presentation of a DD
It can leave you with insufficient funds to allocate to other bills standing orders etc. That can incur further charges from not just the bank but also from the company who failed to recieve the payment. Yes you would probably get returned any knock on bank charges back without to much problem, but you will not get the other third party charges back. and iv seen it before, some one who is currently suffering some mis-fortune and tight budget such an occurance one £25 charge not recoverable can lead to complete bankrupcy @ worse case scenario, where they cannot recover from that £25 charge plus maybe some interest and it leads to yet more £25 late-non payment fees until the barrel is completely rotten.
No this has never happened to me, but iv seen it happen to others, am I currently in a state of mis-fortune, unfortunatly yes. I fell sick some five years ago and some 3 years ago my wife also became ill.
Why am I not bankrupt, because I am in complete control of my finances, and one of those controls is my decision to limit payments thru DD means.

Maggy
17-04-2004, 08:49
Welcome to the site NitroNutter by the way. :)

Does Nitronutter have a valid point in posting #22 ?

I don't know as I have no problems with DD myself but then I don't know what area he lives in.Does this regional thing affect the billing service he is getting?

Incog.Hey Nitro you might want to tone down the aggression a bit.Some folk here do work for ntl but are NOT responsible for your problems.However most folk on this site could tell you tales that make yours pale in comparison.I've noticed that those who asked politely here usually get the help they need. I understand your anger but it is misplaced at those on this site. :tu:

NitroNutter
17-04-2004, 10:57
Hi Incog and welco.... oops see by yer post count youve been around ;)

If you search my nick you will find some previous posts by me where theres no aggression as you put it :) However agression in defense of oneself is imho not problematic, unless of course it is seriuosly abusive offensive and or defamatory, which i do not believe I have been at all.

Ok now first response to this topic which is mine as I started the thread, I have to wonder why after the threads first reply by someone which would appear to pretty much agree with my starting post, the second reply to this thread specifically targetted the one point in my starting post I asked not to be brought up, and that person turns out to be forum staff. The fact that a staff member targetted this took the thread completely of its original track and I knew that would occur if it was brought up before he posted, hence my request not to bring Direct debit into the equation. Direct Debit is an open cheque sorry but its a fact, if you dont believe that then thats you choice, I hope it will never become your woe. Now as its an open cheque it does not suit everyones circumstances, and currently it doesnt suit mine, I pay extra to NTL to not have DD, and this does not make me any less of a customer than the next guy.
But now it seems that a DD customer has his bill 10 days before the DD is due but a non DD customer gets his bill after the due date, well I question the legality of making a fee overdue prior to an invoice/bill.

timewarrior2001
17-04-2004, 11:01
If your not happy then do somethign about it.
Being aggressive to people on here is not the right way to go about getting your problems resolved.

You have a problem with your billing. You say you pay within 10 days of receipt of the bill?
Read your bill, mine clearly states that the money is owed immediatley. You by waiting 10 days are not actually helping yourself. From what I can see on my bills you are obliged to pay this bill immediatly upon receipt, I dont know if NTL do allow a grace period but if they did it would be closer to 5 working days.

The way NTL prints its bills are misleading anyway, by the time they are shipped to the printing company and then posted out, payments can be received that cannot be added to the already posted bill. Its not done by magic, it takes manpower hours to get the millions of bills shipped out every month.

I dont have my NTL bill to hand to sit and read through it, but I would advise you to read it in detail.

Hell Fighter
17-04-2004, 11:06
1. Funny how this site, a short while after re-opening as .co.uk reported NTL in 50 odd mill of black money instead of the usuall 30+ mill of red. So sorry if I was mis informed but that happened here on the news portal. Not my fault. It was also mentioned at the time how 2 directors gave themselves sum juicy bonus for their endeavors and achievements. If i read this wrong sorry.
some 3 billion in the red now I hear, better not be trading against UK company trading law on debt and insolvency.

It's called Chapter 11 which ntl successfully emerged from last year.

3.why if a cable bill is fixed is standing order not satisfactory for NTL ?
DD = open/blank cheque, perhaps its because NTL have full control of it, unless you cancel it.
standing order is more customer controlled and fixed.

ntl don't offer cable television on its own, it's bundled with a telco line - with telephone calls can you explain how a cable bill can ever be guaranteed to be fixed?

If you want a standing order, then this is entirely your fault it hasn't been setup yet. To setup a standing order, you would contact your bank and setup a monthly standing payment to ntl, not the other way round - you can do this with any company.

4. best way to pay is credit card, 5 days to be allocated?? complete lies, maybe 5 days from payment date to leave your bank account if you check your statement, but all to often NTL have it sat on their system for weeks before its allocated.
Since the recent changes in ntl billing system there system has got worse.

I suppose this would vary from region to region, in my region it does take 24 hours for a CC payment to show on an account.

Fact I recieve my bill almost every month between the 12th-16th, (seems more like the 16th recently), This bill takes approx 7 days to get to me? meaning its despatched around the 9th. I pay within 1 7-10 days of bill receipt = 26th at latest, 5 days to recieve and allocate = 1st latest depending on the month . Now after these recent billing changes NTL made this payment has never shown on the bill, it shows the previous months payment instead. So 5 days is a joke.
Fact a due ammount is not due till a client recives an invoice/bill for due ammount. so if DD customers is not due till 10 days after bill arrival how can a non direct debit customer be way overdue by the time a bill arrives?
NTL's old billing system:
I used to get my bill usually before the 10th, I would usually pay within 7-10 days, that paymeny allways showed on net bill. So what has gone wrong. Bad service rebates have allways took 4-6 weeks to allocate, why? thats is money that doesnt need any transfering its allready on NTL system. Perhaps its because NTL hope to lose the rebate, this has happened so I advise yuo to check any rebates definatly got allocated.

Sorry to hear about the experience you've received with ntl - have you spoken to a supervisor or a team manager to try to resolve your issues?

NTL is one of the only utility companies that charge in advance, for a service that may not arrive at all, arrive spasmodically or I will admit is generally there, however iv had a few outages from NTL's fault that have taken upto 6 weeks to rectify. I mean it took them 3 weeks to change a cable modem that was DOA, and if I hadnt rang them several times a week I think I would still be waiting to day for a replacement. Why because NTL do not train there staff properly, many do not know correct procedure, In tech in billing and in sales. There fortunately are some who do know their job so eventually NTL may just get it right, seems it will allways be eventually tho.

I'm a customer of the following companies (amongst others):

BT, Sky, ntl, Freedom2Surf, Orange, British Gas.

They all charge in advance, so good luck finding a telco/tv/internet providor who you won't be paying in advance :tu:

Again for a company to do this anyway when they have no credit agreement with me would be illegal. Dont pipe on about contract, NTL do not have one with me. they have never put in writing their terms of service so nothing exists.

So, you're illegally stealing services which you don't have a contract to receive?

If you feel I have no right to such feelings or voicing them, then thats your choice, and if you have that attitude and work for a company such as NTL then we know exactly why such companies are in such a poor state.
Now if you feel from my 2 or 3 posts in this thread you have been personally attacked by myself then i pity you, I started the thread and was retorted against as being incorrect. that is fine as that is your opinion, but now it seems Im not entitled to further post my opinion that the person who quoted me is incorrect with their retort and explain why as others have also done in this thread. One thing is for sure I DID NOT START THE QUOTING others as incorrect.

As a customer, you do have the rights to voice your concerns. As readers of this messageboard, others have the right to correct you and also respond to you.

dilli-theclaw
17-04-2004, 11:08
Hi Incog and welco.... oops see by yer post count youve been around ;)

If you search my nick you will find some previous posts by me where theres no aggression as you put it :) However agression in defense of oneself is imho not problematic, unless of course it is seriuosly abusive offensive and or defamatory, which i do not believe I have been at all.

Ok now first response to this topic which is mine as I started the thread, I have to wonder why after the threads first reply by someone which would appear to pretty much agree with my starting post, the second reply to this thread specifically targetted the one point in my starting post I asked not to be brought up, and that person turns out to be forum staff. The fact that a staff member targetted this took the thread completely of its original track and I knew that would occur if it was brought up before he posted, hence my request not to bring Direct debit into the equation. Direct Debit is an open cheque sorry but its a fact, if you dont believe that then thats you choice, I hope it will never become your woe. Now as its an open cheque it does not suit everyones circumstances, and currently it doesnt suit mine, I pay extra to NTL to not have DD, and this does not make me any less of a customer than the next guy.
But now it seems that a DD customer has his bill 10 days before the DD is due but a non DD customer gets his bill after the due date, well I question the legality of making a fee overdue prior to an invoice/bill.
Dp you want advice or are you still just ranting and being abusive/rude/ignorant?

Just wondering...:confused:

Florence
17-04-2004, 11:28
Hello Nitro

And Welcome to the forums.

I had a problem not so long ago with large bills and I seemed to hit a brick wall with CS and credit control. I came on the old .com site and recieved help that allowed me to catch up with the arrears over a few months..

You need to get above the CS and Credit control if you approach them right they will help as in the end they only want the bills paid. I have noticed that there could be problems with billing while they are moving over to harmony. I also fear tht the reduction of staff will create problems if harmany has any hiccups or fails to deliver the promises..

I can only see two ways one speak and work out a deal to pay that suits you and is acceptable to them or move over to BT and another supplier for BB.

Good luck I am sure if someone who works for NTL would pm you offering to try and help you wou.d accept this without having a go at the person. What you have to remember is the people you talk to are only following company policy and you have to get to the managment to get changes.

Nemesis
23-04-2004, 09:59
Thread Closed.

We have noticed an influx of similar biling problem threads, and so have created a common thread for people to post their New Billing System Issues. Here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=11446)