PDA

View Full Version : nero problem

kronas
16-07-2003, 15:43
hi all back again with a new problem when i try to burn anything through nero it gives the error 'invalid field parimeter'

the writer is a pioneer dvr-105 dvd-writer

tried reinstalling nero and trying other software the problem still occurs

anyone know how to fix this ?

running windows xp

kronas
16-07-2003, 17:00
can anyone help ?

error is:

invalid field in paremeter

could not preform start of disc at once

duncant403
16-07-2003, 17:05
What version of nero is it? I know that the older versions of nero have problems with DVD writers (I personally use Prassi for writing DVDs)

spacedhopper
16-07-2003, 17:42
Same problem reported here:
http://www.cdrbase.com/archive/index.php/t-27207

Looks like it could be a firmware problem.

darant
16-07-2003, 17:47
http://club.cdfreaks.com/

try this forum. There are many burning enthusiasts here.

darkangel
16-07-2003, 18:02
i use nero with the 105 what firmware version av u got

kronas
16-07-2003, 19:15
firmware is 1.00 nero is version 5.5.10.0 worked fine for months just started happening today

spacedhopper
16-07-2003, 21:30
Is it perhaps the file you are trying to burn? Is it a bin file? If so perhaps you could try to extract it with ISOBuster, to a temp folder, then burn the file using the CDROM Iso option. This has worked for me on the odd occasion an image file won't burn.

Good Luck!!

darkangel
16-07-2003, 21:38
Originally posted by kronas
firmware is 1.00 nero is version 5.5.10.0 worked fine for months just started happening today not sure if this makes a diff or not but have u tries another brand of disks or have u changed disks?
have u updated nero recently?
P.s my firmware is 1.30

kronas
16-07-2003, 22:26
Originally posted by spacedhopper
Is it perhaps the file you are trying to burn? Is it a bin file? If so perhaps you could try to extract it with ISOBuster, to a temp folder, then burn the file using the CDROM Iso option. This has worked for me on the odd occasion an image file won't burn.

Good Luck!!

i just tryed to make a compilation using the ISO option in nero burns fine just wont allow me to burn bin cue sheets or create vcd or svcd's tryed other bin cues same problem :(

Originally posted by darkangel
not sure if this makes a diff or not but have u tries another brand of disks or have u changed disks?
have u updated nero recently?
P.s my firmware is 1.30

its not the dics been using them for a few years and ever since i got my dvd-writer been using them in that no probs just burned the compliation off in it on the same discs fine have tryed other media it still gives me the same error

darkangel
16-07-2003, 23:12
is it only cdr u have a problem with or dvd as well?

kronas
17-07-2003, 03:40
i can make compilations to cd havent tryed dvd but i need cd-r to work specifically bin cues i can make ISO compilations just nothing else will burn

kronas
17-07-2003, 13:49
i have tested the drive in my old pc and it works fine did a rollback on xp still have the problem on my current machine

bonzoe
17-09-2004, 20:59
Did you find out the cause?

I've just been having the same problem after burning a bin file with cue, this seemed to burn OK but then I couldn't burn anything else, kept getting invalid field in command messages, even after removing Nero and load later versions. Found cause today, overburn had been set in Nero and my drive doesn't support this, cleared the option, now all OK!!

smac
03-04-2005, 00:45
i also got this error message when trying to burn an mpg-file as svcd:
"Invalid field in parameter"

i use nero 6.0 and a pioneer DVR-106D dvd-rw-drive. the pioneer 105 and 106 series seem to have quite often to do with this error, but perhaps this is just an coincidence.

anyways, i just wonna tell my solution to fix the error:

instead of burning in disc-at-once mode, i chose the "disc-at-once/96"-mode as the write method.

i hope this helps you guys out as well.

smac

stefanos.k
01-02-2008, 21:55
Hello!

I also had the same problem and i figure it out.
As i saw it's a hardware problem concerning your dvd-writer.(I have Nero in Linux)

The solution i have is this(it's not permanent but it works):

Just turn off the combuter.
Then close the I/O switch.
Open it again
Boot

Everytime that i follow that steps i see that the problem "dissapears"and i can burn everything:)

Axegrinder
01-02-2008, 22:16
Is there any need to dig up 3 year old topics? :rolleyes: