PDA

View Full Version : Old STB sometimes laggy

downquark1
16-07-2003, 10:29
Theres probably nothing to do but wish for ntl to spontaniously replace all their old boxes:rofl::LOL:

But it's quite annoying that it repsonses slowly sometimes. Example:
you press TV for the now and next bar
Nothing happens
you press again, again and again
3 secs later the boxes flashes on and off and on and off.

It's very annoying when entering three digit channel numbers. I always end up pressing one number twice because it responds slowly.

This isn't all the time - but often. It's being used for broadband if that makes any difference.

It's an original Cable & Wireless STB probably the 1000 model

Ben
16-07-2003, 10:39
Have you tried changing your battery's in the remote ? I found this to be the biggest cause of my STB cauing me problems.

downquark1
16-07-2003, 10:41
Originally posted by Gandalf
Have you tried changing your battery's in the remote ? I found this to be the biggest cause of my STB cauing me problems.

would that work? It seems that the box is only slow to respond to it. Or is that because of a weak signal caused by low batteries?

Ben
16-07-2003, 11:06
Originally posted by downquark1
would that work? It seems that the box is only slow to respond to it. Or is that because of a weak signal caused by low batteries?
I really would change the battery's first of all ;) You might find it clears the problem up :) did for me...don't get me wrong..sometimes it misses a click or a couple but nothing major like before i changed the batterys