PDA

View Full Version : Surfing Probs!

axeluktoo
14-04-2004, 03:02
Hi,

Just to let you know I'm a bit of a nOOb :dunce: to this cable stuff (although I've been using an NTL cable modem for some time).

I'm having a few problems surfin' the web. There are some sites that I can reach no problem, and others where I receive the IE "Server not Found" error (I frequent these sites quite often). I've had these problems in the past - but usually they only last for a few hours.

I've now had these problems for the last two or three days. I've just been sitting and waiting for it to sort itself out (which it usually does) but no luck as yet.

Is anyone out there having similar surfing problems or is it just me? I have three XP installs on three partitions, and I've tried all three - same problems, this would seem to suggest that it's not my machine (or OS) that's at fault.

I'm in the Sunderland (Tyne & Wear) area. I haven't a proxy server set up in XP settings. Would it improve my lot if I did? (Told you I was a nOOb)! I'm using a cable modem (600Kbit/s) through onboard NIC. Problems persist both day and night (I'm quite a heavy user).

Any advice or any insights into my problem would be gratefully received.

(any spelling mistakes in this post, I'm blaming on my dodgy connection, well that's my excuse and I'm Sticki........etc. etc.) :D

Axel :D

Neil
14-04-2004, 09:00
I think you may well be affected by the symptoms that people are discussing here: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=10955

I'll close this thread, & you can use the one above. :)

:welcome: to the site. :tu: