PDA

View Full Version : XBOX: Halo 2 rumour?

fluds
16-07-2003, 09:08
http://www.xbox365.com/news/zcomment.cgi?article=EpVlFEuyVVoXZeYAfc&tmpl=xxt_zc_template&prof=dev

zoombini
16-07-2003, 09:36
remember that November is when most XBOX owners will lose their XBOX Live subscriptions and have to renew to play Halo on XBOX Live

I'd tend to disagree with that?
Was live launched at the same time in the Uk as the states?
I do not have to renew my subscription until next March as Microsoft gave use free time from November until this March.

The big question is, how to become one of the beta testers?
Must be a highly sought after position...

fluds
16-07-2003, 09:53
I would think that the majority of xbox owners do live in the states and they are due for renewal in November.

Boom
16-07-2003, 09:54
Would be great if released early. But I'm willing to wait if need be.

M$ will most likely pulling another subscription fee out of me irrespective next March.

Besides, my bet is on Ninja Gaiden, CS, and Ravenshield (I've probably forgot about some others like the online sports games) being the main draws for ppl in the US renewing in November.

Mark15
16-07-2003, 10:53
Nope this ain't true. Halo 2 is only about 40% at most complete there is NO WAY! they could get it out by November so who ever started that so called rumor must be a complete retard lol.

MovedGoalPosts
16-07-2003, 11:39
The last thing I'd want to do is play Halo 2 online, I wouldn't last a minute! It took me forever to get to the end of Halo just on the easy setting, same goes for most games, I'm hopeless (& if I find a cheat I can't even get those to work)

However I can see M$ wanting to get a killer game ready for the Xmas market. Ignoring Live, M$ have to have something to hang their hat on if they are going to keep console sales going up against the PS2.

Jarandco
16-07-2003, 15:19
Yeah true it would be a massive christmas boost but as bungie stated next year can we really believe it? Unless that was to fool people? well the next MS event is the european one so we mite find out more then?

If it did come out i would be very happy! But i can still wait. a bit!

and yes i agree it will be the biggest console game launched ever!:D

ic14
16-07-2003, 22:09
Yep and its not a rumor m$ said it in an interview

Jarandco
16-07-2003, 22:41
I heard it could be 32? well 16 or above would be great!

Tezcatlipoca
16-07-2003, 23:18
As long as there are enough dedicated servers...

Jarandco
16-07-2003, 23:19
Originally posted by Tezcatlipoca
As long as there are enough dedicated servers...

If not boom will have to live in his office! :D

Boom
17-07-2003, 08:02
Yeah, I'll bring a sleeping bag and burn the paper in the office recycling bins so I can cook food.

Originally posted by Jarandco
If not boom will have to live in his office! :D

zoombini
17-07-2003, 10:07
I have a feeling that in order to get the magic 16+ players online you may need a super fast upload speed.

I dare say that on my mere 600 it will only host about 4 as usual.

Caspar
21-07-2003, 12:24
After reading this (http://www.zdnet.com.au/gamespot/news/story/0,2000011229,20276440,00.htm) it doesn't look like Halo2 will be out this year (for US&A XBL renewal)...but ready for Europe's next March ;)

So it maybe out Feb 3004 :shrug:

zoombini
21-07-2003, 13:37
In addition, a whole new host of controllers will be hitting the market for use with Halo2.

There will be the Warthog controller, a lifelike buggy that jumps up & down in coordination with the game.

A flying controller, where the player is suspended in a chair by several ropes and the framework moves him/her as if in the game.

Also a tank controller, where the player has the ability to blast thier TV to smithereens if the load the wrong ammunition.

Caspar
21-07-2003, 13:44
Originally posted by zoombini
In addition, a whole new host of controllers will be hitting the market for use with Halo2.

There will be the Warthog controller, a lifelike buggy that jumps up & down in coordination with the game.

A flying controller, where the player is suspended in a chair by several ropes and the framework moves him/her as if in the game.

Also a tank controller, where the player has the ability to blast thier TV to smithereens if the load the wrong ammunition.

...which version are you talking about Halo10, to be released in...

<yank CS accent>
'All major theme parks near you!....Opening 2014"
</yank CS accent>

:p

zoombini
21-07-2003, 15:18
Weel, by the time it actually arrives, the flying chair may even be a reality, my wheelchair... coz I'll be 98 by then.... lol

kronas
21-07-2003, 16:35
i think they could pull the november release off in the US but in an ideal world a christmas euro release would be excellent business for MS...........

Jarandco
21-07-2003, 16:38
well if it was this year i think it would be very close to christmas! which would be nice, but i really dont want this game to be rushed!!!

Boom
21-07-2003, 16:40
Hear! Hear! Take their time to release a quality game. There's enough other decent titles coming out before year end.

Originally posted by Jarandco
well if it was this year i think it would be very close to christmas! which would be nice, but i really dont want this game to be rushed!!!

XiceWolf
21-07-2003, 17:03
Originally posted by Boom
Yeah, I'll bring a sleeping bag and burn the paper in the office recycling bins so I can cook food.

Boom how many players do you think your server could hold on halo2, i know you have no idea of the exact amount but at a rough guess based on how many people can hold on there halo xbox connect servers.

Boom
21-07-2003, 17:11
I'm sure a PC server at work could hold 64 in BF1942.

With Live, we have voice and sign-on to XBL, but I still would expect it to handle 32 players without a problem. I'm not sure about handling 64, but then again I know @rse-all about M$'s XBL architecture or how large the packets are going to be between host and client machines for Halo2.

I could put a sniffer on our 16 player RtCW game this weekend and find out how big the packets are from that, but its a complete guess at this point irrespective.

What I'm curious about is the problem with voice if does handle 32 players or more. We all now the voice channels can get filled in some games and a game like SoF2 has a max of 4 people per channel. It's going to be mighty confusing if its 64 players and only 4 per channel (or if they upgrade to only 10 per channel).

Originally posted by XiceWolf
Boom how many players do you think your server could hold on halo2, i know you have no idea of the exact amount but at a rough guess based on how many people can hold on there halo xbox connect servers.

XiceWolf
21-07-2003, 21:34
Ye they will have to do something clever with the voice as splitting up the team into voice channels is really annoyin, noone knows whats going on.

Caspar
22-07-2003, 09:53
Originally posted by morris
maybe they could do two squads of eight where the 8 people in the squad can talk to each other, one of them being a squad leader and he could talk to the other squad leader by pressing the black button. they could start at different parts of the map as well. only guesses of course.

I like this concept, these must indeed be an easy way to communicate with everyone in your team, not just your fireteam.

16vs16 :drool: