PDA

View Full Version : trojan infection

fatmat8
12-04-2004, 00:56
avg picked up a trojan on my pc , could not heal said trojan but has placed it in avg's vault.
it name is "downloader.agent t "showing an attachment to "nslite.dll"
any advise would be gratefully received.

Defiant
12-04-2004, 01:01
Try this out www.trojanscan.com

fatmat8
12-04-2004, 01:05
tried housecall , trojan scan , stinger all of which see the beastie & direct me to avg again which puts it back in its vault mmmmmmmmm.

kronas
12-04-2004, 01:08
tried housecall , trojan scan , stinger all of which see the beastie & direct me to avg again which puts it back in its vault mmmmmmmmm.

this program will cure it

http://www.pestpatrol.com/Downloads/Eval/DownloadHomeEvalNew.asp

Defiant
12-04-2004, 01:09
or can you use the command prompt to delete it

fatmat8
12-04-2004, 12:08
could you please explain the "command" prompt defiant
using simple phrases please

Russ
12-04-2004, 12:14
Click start>>run then type in "command" or "cmd" (without the inverted commas).

This brings up the command screen, not sure where Defiant is going with this though: I'd recommend what Kronas says really.

Maggy
12-04-2004, 12:43
Go to the AVG site and ASK for help.Check their faq's first.With AVG,I've in the past had to go into DOS to remove a virus.Better still get a better AV scanner even if you have to buy one.

Incog.:)

fatmat8
12-04-2004, 13:00
thank for your very prompt replies , i will try once more

Paul K
12-04-2004, 14:11
Are you sure this infected file isn't in your system restore file and therefor being replaced as soon as you are deleting it? A similar trojan found on a pc I use deleted properly first time. What information is AVG giving as to the location of the infected file?

Defiant
12-04-2004, 14:24
Are you sure this infected file isn't in your system restore file
R yes forgot some people use that :angel:

fatmat8
12-04-2004, 16:02
silly me , should have said i'm running 98se which doesn't have a restore point

avg has "downloader.agent t" in it's virus vault , which i have released , disabled avg , and then i ran trojan scan which is not picking it up.also ran "swatit" , "stinger" all of these programs doesn't see the swine but only avg seems to pick it up.

kronas
12-04-2004, 16:10
silly me , should have said i'm running 98se which doesn't have a restore point

avg has "downloader.agent t" in it's virus vault , which i have released , disabled avg , and then i ran trojan scan which is not picking it up.also ran "swatit" , "stinger" all of these programs doesn't see the swine but only avg seems to pick it up.

does this apply to you ?

http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/MoneyTree.html

MoneyTree/NSLite: installs nslite.dll and nslite.inf in the Downloaded Program Files folder.

Removal Open the 'Downloaded Program Files' folder (which can be found in the Windows folder), and delete the entry for 'NSUpdateLiteCtrl Class' (NSUpdate variant), 'NSLiteUpdateCtrl Class' (NSLitevariant), 'MoneyTree Dialer' (UniDist variant), 'MultiDist' (MultiDist variant), or 'Software Update Manager' (DyFuCA variant).

fatmat8
12-04-2004, 17:37
that sounds right , it will be later tonight when i shall have a chance to look at it , i remain indebted to you kind folk out there for all the help i have received. thank you once more.

Russ
12-04-2004, 18:43
No need to thank us - just remove the uneccessary apostrophe from your sig and we'll say no more about it ;) :pp :angel:

fatmat8
12-04-2004, 21:24
all squeaky clean now thanks to you lot.
kronas that was spot on , found the offending file & deleted it
uninstalled & reinstalled avg , all lovely and clean now
it would be remiss of me if i did not thank you all.

kronas
12-04-2004, 21:32
all squeaky clean now thanks to you lot.
kronas that was spot on , found the offending file & deleted it
uninstalled & reinstalled avg , all lovely and clean now
it would be remiss of me if i did not thank you all.

glad it was sorted :)

fatmat8
12-04-2004, 21:34
apostrophe is now history