PDA

View Full Version : Connection Problems

Stokiemike
09-04-2004, 13:56
Hi i havent been able to get connected to broadband now 4 about 5 weeks really doin me haed in tech support is crap waste of time. Was wondering if any one had any ideas i could try?

The problems is the middle light keeps flashing and will not pick up the connection for the bb. I have checked the signal strenght and it seems they are all fine expect for one could this be my problem and wot can i do?

I have checked all conections and seem to be fine

any help be greatful thanks
stokiemike :mad:

Russ
09-04-2004, 13:59
If the modem can't/won't pick up the connection then it sounds like there would be little you can do without speaking to tech Support - what did they say when you spoke to them?

Stokiemike
09-04-2004, 14:46
They said not a lot lol we are the usin set top box dont know if this helps

cheers

Death Jester
09-04-2004, 15:09
Where are you in the UK?
What Proxy do you use?
What type of connection do you have (speed)
Does the problem always happen, or is it intermittent?

Excuse the roughness of my posts, I am in the middle of a bad Flu.

abailey152
09-04-2004, 15:45
Hi i havent been able to get connected to broadband now 4 about 5 weeks really doin me haed in tech support is crap waste of time. Was wondering if any one had any ideas i could try?

The problems is the middle light keeps flashing and will not pick up the connection for the bb. I have checked the signal strenght and it seems they are all fine expect for one could this be my problem and wot can i do?If the middle light on your set-top-box keeps flashing, then it is an NTL problem. Either the interactive (including broadband internet) feed has a fault, or the stb itself is faulty.

*EDIT* Before contacting NTL, and assuming you haven't tried this....
Power down the STB, then remove the smart-card. Check the connections are clean, then plug it in again and power up.

If this fails, get in touch with NTL and report a fault.

paulyoung666
09-04-2004, 17:35
If the middle light on your set-top-box keeps flashing, then it is an NTL problem. Either the interactive (including broadband internet) feed has a fault, or the stb itself is faulty.

*EDIT* Before contacting NTL, and assuming you haven't tried this....
Power down the STB, then remove the smart-card. Check the connections are clean, then plug it in again and power up.

If this fails, get in touch with NTL and report a fault.

and dont put up with it for 4 or 5 weeks next time ;)

Stokiemike
09-04-2004, 17:53
Cheers will have a go didnt want get in touch with ntl coz its seems it one thing after another and just gets ya peed off so thort ask you guys n girls if ya could help

So thanks alot will have go
Cheers
stokiemike

Stokiemike
09-04-2004, 18:19
Where are you in the UK?
What Proxy do you use?
What type of connection do you have (speed)
Does the problem always happen, or is it intermittent?

Excuse the roughness of my posts, I am in the middle of a bad Flu.

We were on the 1m service and went down to the 600k service
Problem is always not been able get steady middle green light 4 good while

I think is problem due to the power level of the connection as all signals are fine expect the one for the intractive/bb

cheers again sry bout double post

Neil
09-04-2004, 18:22
You have been without your service for 4/5 weeks?

paulyoung666
09-04-2004, 18:37
You have been without your service for 4/5 weeks?

it would appear so , i cant believe some ppl putting up with p!ss poor service like this :mad:

Stokiemike
09-04-2004, 18:54
yep tis bout dat may be more i have just left it and using dail up i just got fed up with it all so first call was swap over to sky now thats is done maybe connect bak to bt but dont want to mess around more so shall afta see

Can any1 give me more infor and tell me if me is correct in sayin that it could be due to low power level?

cheers

paulyoung666
09-04-2004, 19:06
yep tis bout dat may be more i have just left it and using dail up i just got fed up with it all so first call was swap over to sky now thats is done maybe connect bak to bt but dont want to mess around more so shall afta see

Can any1 give me more infor and tell me if me is correct in sayin that it could be due to low power level?

cheers

it is very likely to be a power level issue :(

hairy_mick
09-04-2004, 20:42
do you live in sunderland mate if you do then check your connections ie cable
on isolator if all is ok your box might need to be replaced. There is an engineer screen that gives you info on power and quality of service.

Stokiemike
09-04-2004, 21:43
hi Live in stoke m8 checked on da eng screen and all signals are fine expect 1 and its on the side part of the screen and its the first box i am pretty sure its the one for the interactive service

wheeliebin
09-04-2004, 21:50
hi Live in stoke m8 checked on da eng screen and all signals are fine expect 1 and its on the side part of the screen and its the first box i am pretty sure its the one for the interactive service

Check this link Checking your return path signal strength (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jayone/INST_stb_info.htm)

It shows you how to check your return path signal and QOS (quality of service) without having to enter the engineers screen.

If your dont have a power level then get an Engineer out

paulyoung666
09-04-2004, 21:52
Check this link Checking your return path signal strength (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jayone/INST_stb_info.htm)

It shows you how to check your return path signal and QOS (quality of service) without having to enter the engineers screen.

If your dont have a power level then get an Engineer out

why dont ntl have info like this on there own website :mad: :mad: :mad:

wheeliebin
09-04-2004, 22:07
why dont ntl have info like this on there own website :mad: :mad: :mad:

Good question :)

Im just a humble worker ant mate

paulyoung666
09-04-2004, 23:32
Good question :)

Im just a humble worker ant mate

good of you to post it though , it really annoys me that ppl like yourself have to do the companys work for them :mad: :mad: :mad: , the amount of money that ppl pay them is disgusting compared to the service they supply :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
i feel a few threads getting merged here tonight :D :D , believe me ........... if i could get adsl , i would be off like a shot :)

Stokiemike
11-04-2004, 23:54
Yh thats a really good site thanks for the info