PDA

View Full Version : Ntl call barring.

iadom
14-07-2003, 20:33
I wish to stop a certain person in my household from ringing 0900 Premium rate numbers. I have phoned Ntl CS and was told that "Call barring" was available. I was given a pin number and told to press *346# to activate and to use #346* plus pin number to de activate. When I enter *346# I get a recorded message, " Sorry, the service requested is not available on this line".

Anyone know why not:(

BubbleGum
14-07-2003, 20:37
Originally posted by iadom
Anyone know why not:(
You might be trying to use the service before you've given them time to activate it on your line, or the lamers have fed you BS :rofl:

iadom
14-07-2003, 21:03
Originally posted by Bluetack
[B]You might be trying to use the service before you've given them time to activate it on your line,
Did think about that, will give it a little time before asking futher.

grum1978
14-07-2003, 21:04
in the region i live in it takes 24 hours to get the call barring facility onto the line but it does differ region to region :(

iadom
15-07-2003, 10:48
Thanks for all your replies, and the kind offer of help from Debsy42. Last months bill was over £75.00, it is normally £25/£30.

I expected a higher bill, my niece has just had a baby and my wife has been ringing those rip of TV/Phone sytems that are installed in the local hospital, it is the 0900 numbers that have just started to appear. The most worrying thing is my daughter insists ( and I believe her ) that she is not responsible.:(

iadom
15-07-2003, 18:36
A big thank you to Debs...My call barring is now active. A bouquet to all concerned.:wavey:

iadom
16-07-2003, 17:10
Quick question, now that call barring is enabled should I get a different tone when I pick up the phone. I have had call waiting enabled for a long time and get a short steady on/off tone when a message has been recorded. Since this morning I have been getting this tone but every time I access my call minder I am told that there are no messages. and I cannot clear the tone:dunce: