PDA

View Full Version : Downgrade/upgrade BB

ic14
14-07-2003, 19:31
How easy is it to upgrade or downgrade you Broadband?
At the mo we have that 600k bb = console package but we dont use it that much (Got adsl as well) and so my dad wants to downgrade it to 150k.
How quick is the process?

BubbleGum
14-07-2003, 19:36
Call customer services and they'll do it for you straight away - if they don't, then they're lamers :rofl:

ic14
14-07-2003, 19:38
Originally posted by Bluetack
Call customer services and they'll do it for you straight away - if they don't, then they're lamers :rofl:
But does anyone have trouble with this? Cause knowing my luck....

BubbleGum
14-07-2003, 19:39
Originally posted by ic14
But does anyone have trouble with this? Cause knowing my luck....
Trouble like what ?. It's simple for them to downgrade you - ACCEPT NO BULLS**T :rofl:

paulyoung666
14-07-2003, 19:39
you should get downgraded within a couple of hours if my experience is anything to go by :) :) :)

BubbleGum
14-07-2003, 19:41
Originally posted by paulyoung666
you should get downgraded within a couple of hours if my experience is anything to go by :) :) :)
That's lame - I've always been downgraded before I put the phone down because I know that calling them back is a deathwish.

grum1978
14-07-2003, 19:47
That's lame - I've always been downgraded before I put the phone down because I know that calling them back is a deathwish.

Downgrade time depends on how you access BB if its via a STB it can take a while via a cable modem is almost instant.

IC14 quick point if you downgrade to 150k you will lose the 2nd ip addy that you have as part of the console package as there is no console package for 150k

HTH

:)

ic14
14-07-2003, 19:47
LOL to that!
But what about the junk we got from the console + bb package?Originally posted by grum1978

IC14 quick point if you downgrade to 150k you will lose the 2nd ip addy that you have as part of the console package as there is no console package for 150k

HTH

:)
Yeah but ive mainly used adsl for xbox live (Higher upload). I only use the 600k connection when playing games on other peoples servers, so i can still surf the net

LooeyUK
15-07-2003, 00:12
Dont take no **** from them.

I remember them telling me I had only been with them for however long and i need to be with them for x amount of months.

Jarandco
15-07-2003, 08:35
LOL to that!
But what about the junk we got from the console + bb package?
Yeah but ive mainly used adsl for xbox live (Higher upload). I only use the 600k connection when playing games on other peoples servers, so i can still surf the net
Are you rich or something?!
Two broadband internet connections! :eek:

Yes - downgrading is easy just ring them up - you can only downgrade speeds of you cable modem online, i belive you cant with an STB.

If you have an STB then the connection can sometimes run above 150 - between 150 to 256 , becuase of interactive on the STB!

Hope you get on allright, should be easy enough!

Jar

ic14
15-07-2003, 14:28
Originally posted by Jarandco
Are you rich or something?!
Two broadband internet connections! :eek:

Yes - downgrading is easy just ring them up - you can only downgrade speeds of you cable modem online, i belive you cant with an STB.

If you have an STB then the connection can sometimes run above 150 - between 150 to 256 , becuase of interactive on the STB!

Hope you get on allright, should be easy enough!

Jar
Yep i guess you can say we rich!LOL:p
My dads away at the mo so hes going to try and ring them from work, will that be ok

BubbleGum
15-07-2003, 14:45
Yep i guess you can say we rich!LOL:p
My dads away at the mo so hes going to try and ring them from work, will that be ok
If your dad is the account holder and knows the account number and any security password then that will be ok :)

ic14
15-07-2003, 17:36
If your dad is the account holder and knows the account number and any security password then that will be ok :)
Well it seems to be done...... Ill do a speed check!

Oh btw thanks for the info bluetack

ic14
18-07-2003, 19:40
Well the speed has finally being lowerd! Still is quicker than dial up though

Chris
18-07-2003, 19:48
Trouble like what ?. It's simple for them to downgrade you - ACCEPT NO BULLS**T :rofl:

How is it that even the most innocent ntl-related questions on here so easily turn into a 'let's-flame-ntl' free-for-all?

If we're going to be reasonable adults, shouldn't we give them a chance to do the job before jumping down their throats? Fine, if they screw up, let 'em have it, but for goodness sake give 'em a chance.

Personally I think a couple of hours is perfectly reasonable. What are you worried is going to go wrong in that time?