PDA

View Full Version : Connect to NTL Broadband & get this Mini Digital Camera Free

DrAwesome
01-04-2004, 16:53
ManchesterOnline has teamed up with ntl:home to bring readers in the Manchester area this exclusive offer! Their award-winning 150K Broadband Internet is almost 3 times faster than dial-up, doesn't tie up the phone line & it's only £17.99 a month.
Connect now, get free engineer installation, pay nothing for your modem & claim your free mini digital camera worth £64.99!

Telephone 0800 052 1341 quoting reference DICAM when you call

Offer only open to new NTL customers T&C's apply

Source Manchester Online (http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/ntl/)

Offer ends 31/05/04

Jason1
01-04-2004, 17:57
more selective treatment for customers new ntl customers in different areas what ever happened to company consistency?

Hell's Child
01-04-2004, 19:07
more selective treatment for customers new ntl customers in different areas what ever happened to company consistency?
Well for a start, as such, when this offer was agreed and paid for ntl was split into regions (it still is but marketing has been centralised). Each one being run by a different MD. Each MD had a budget with which to market their Buisness unit. The NW marketing team decided it would be good to team up with the producer of the North Wests biggest Paper, the manchester evening news, owned by guardian media group.
This overs all local NW papers (oldham observer etc) and is not just based in the one paper.

As for selective, tell me a company that doesn't try to incentivise their potential customers into becoming actual customers. Otherwise, what would be the point of marketing?

DrAwesome
01-04-2004, 22:07
Well for a start, as such, when this offer was agreed and paid for ntl was split into regions (it still is but marketing has been centralised). Each one being run by a different MD. Each MD had a budget with which to market their Buisness unit. The NW marketing team decided it would be good to team up with the producer of the North Wests biggest Paper, the manchester evening news, owned by guardian media group.
This overs all local NW papers (oldham observer etc) and is not just based in the one paper.

As for selective, tell me a company that doesn't try to incentivise their potential customers into becoming actual customers. Otherwise, what would be the point of marketing?

It's a pity NTL cant rely on its reputation of being a cable broadband provider to sell its products, they would certainly save money if they did.

quadplay
02-04-2004, 01:40
It's a pity NTL cant rely on its reputation of being a cable broadband provider to sell its products, they would certainly save money if they did.

Right, because BT rely on their reputation to sell phone products, and Tesco rely on their reputation to sell groceries... :rolleyes:

th'engineer
02-04-2004, 06:58
Right, because BT rely on their reputation to sell phone products, and Tesco rely on their reputation to sell groceries... :rolleyes:So if NTL use their reputation they loose money, giving gizits such as digi cameras or free installs is how NTL competes with reputable companies is that what you are saying

NoBB
02-04-2004, 09:38
Right, because BT rely on their reputation to sell phone products, and Tesco rely on their reputation to sell groceries... :rolleyes:
The main problem is, is that there is no competition for cable services. Where I am, and AFAIK it is the same for all, if I want cable services, it is ntl or nothing! So giving incentives is not trying to win customers over rival cable providers.
Giving away free cameras (or free anything) just may push the potential cable customer from just thinking about joining up, to actually doing it!
:dozey:

ian@huth
02-04-2004, 09:47
The main problem is, is that there is no competition for cable services. Where I am, and AFAIK it is the same for all, if I want cable services, it is ntl or nothing! So giving incentives is not trying to win customers over rival cable providers.
Giving away free cameras (or free anything) just may push the potential cable customer from just thinking about joining up, to actually doing it!
:dozey:

The competition is from ADSL and dialup. In the main they are trying to woo customers to 150k that are currently paying nearly the same for dialup services. Every customer won is also a potential customer for telephony and DTV products.