PDA

View Full Version : Playing Real Media Files

ntluser
14-07-2003, 18:49
I'm using the RealOne free player, which seems to work fine except when I try to play some of my old .rm and .ram files.

Do these have to be converted to work with the RealOne player as they worked fine with earlier Real Players?

Incidentally, I have updated RealOne so it has all the available codecs.

Alternatively, is there any other player which will play them please?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Martin
15-07-2003, 01:27
I think Real Player is the only thing what can play them. I have .rm and .ram and they play fine. Try and download a new version of Real One and re-install it?

ntluser
15-07-2003, 12:38
Originally posted by Martin
I think Real Player is the only thing what can play them. I have .rm and .ram and they play fine. Try and download a new version of Real One and re-install it?

Thanks Martin. I got hold of some other .rm and .ram files and they worked fine. I can only think that the files I used earlier must have been corrupted when I downloaded them, but I did try quite a few before I made my plea!! ;)

Martin
15-07-2003, 23:46
Its the only trouble with them constantly bringing out a new version.:( But I seem to remember ages ago having some what wouldn't play on a new version, I installed and old version to play them.;)

ntluser
16-07-2003, 07:00
Originally posted by Martin
Its the only trouble with them constantly bringing out a new version.:( But I seem to remember ages ago having some what wouldn't play on a new version, I installed and old version to play them.;)

Unfortunately, Real Players are programmed so that you can only have one version at a time as when you install a new one it has to uninstall the previous version.

I did re-install previous versions but even they wouldn't play the files. Still..problem solved now...thank goodness.