PDA

View Full Version : Yet more billing issues

mbasker
29-03-2004, 15:23
Yet another problem with billing...

We moved house on th 6th Feb, to a house outside NTL's area. We notified them by phone on the 22nd Jan (as soon as we knew the completion date), and were told it would be no problem, as we were moving out of a serviced area our account would be closed on the 6th. The CS rep promised to send jiffy bags to send the tv box and cable modem back in.

Come the 6th, no sign of the bags. So we call again, no record of the original conversation. Many apologies from the CS rep, who promised to send bags to our new address so we could send the boxes back.

A couple of weeks after we had moved, we got a bill for TV for March. Phoned again, very apologetic CS rep says ignore the bill, it'll all be cancelled OK.

Then came a bill for broadband. Once again, we called and were told to ignore the bill and that it would all be cancelled.

Finally, we got a bill for telephone calls up till we moved. This one we wanted to pay. By now we've cancelled the direct debit, so my wife calls to pay the bill, only to be told that apart from the original call on the 22nd Jan, there is no record of us wanting to disconnect. The CS rep offered as a gesture of goodwill to back date the 30 days notice (which we were previously told didn't apply as we were moving out of the serviced NTL area) to end sometime in March!

This is driving my wife to tears trying to sort it out with CS reps - it appears that no record has been kept of several conversations during this period, and that all of our attempts to cancel have been ignored.

Can anybody help?

Graham F
29-03-2004, 15:58
yes I am PM'ing you now with the name of someone you can contact :)

Graham F
30-03-2004, 20:47
Have you had any joy with this problem yet?

EDIT
I take it you did email them as I got an email from them as well :rolleyes: :erm: :angel:

mbasker
31-03-2004, 08:39
No, no reply as yet... Good to know they did get the mail though, cheers.

Neil
31-03-2004, 09:32
No, no reply as yet... Good to know they did get the mail though, cheers.

Do you want someone to escalate this to?

mbasker
31-03-2004, 09:40
Neil, at the moment I am prepared to give them a little more time - I only sent the mail yesterday afternoon. Scooby also gave me a couple of other contacts to try. I'll come back to you if I have no luck, if that's OK?

Neil
31-03-2004, 09:44
No problem, you know where we are. :)

mbasker
02-04-2004, 15:11
Neil, Scooby,

I've just had confirmation that this has been sorted. Thanks for the help.

Graham F
02-04-2004, 17:11
Good glad they got it sorted out nice one ntl :)