PDA

View Full Version : Moving box

glentoran
29-03-2004, 13:03
Basically i want to move my upstairs box downstairs, i rang NTL but they will charge me. All i need to know to do it myself is what kind of cable i would need to do it myself, The cable runs direct into the upstairs room, it is then split, one goes to cable modem and one to the tv, all i want to do is take off the tv cable and put a longer one on that will reach downstairs. Could someone tell me what cable i would need?

quadplay
29-03-2004, 17:01
You really shouldn't tamper with the cable, because an incorrectly made cable can introduce noise into the network, potentially causing loss of television and cable modem service for up to a whole postcode area. Under section 9.5 of the Residential Terms and Conditions (http://www.ntlhome.com/legals/residentialterms.html),
Nobody other than an ntl representative may tamper, add to, modify or interfere with the Equipment in any way. As well as any other rights We may have, such action may result in our suspending the Services, terminating the Agreement and/or our retaining the whole or a part of any deposit.
Equipment is defined under section 1 as
any line, desk top converter or other equipment or apparatus provided by Us as an essential part of providing Services under the terms of this Agreement