PDA

View Full Version : Additional TV points installed in house?

brettjbuckley
29-03-2004, 11:47
I am due to have NTL installed in my new address on Saturday. I already have NTL in my existing house and I had it in my previous one also.

In both previous houses, the enigneer was quite happy to add a secondary connection in an upstairs room of the house. I successfully used this for getting BBC1 through Channel 5 without a decoder box. I also used it for my cable modem.

Ideally, I'd like THREE connection points in my new house. A quick call to the desk girls suggested that I was only allowed to have the one installation point where the decoder was located.

So how do I get three? More to the point - how did I manange two before?

Do I have to order a couple more decoder boxes for a month and then cancel them!?

Brett.

jonifen
29-03-2004, 17:00
possibly yeah... but ask the engineer when he arrives to do the work, and chances are if he's a good enough guy (with some extra time to spare) he'll do that for you nps... if you feed him with food and drink (butty & brew) too, he may even stretch to the 3rd box - you'd need to ask I think. Calling the helpdesk will get you an answer out of the rules book, but engineers are always a bit more helpful if asked nicely :)

brettjbuckley
29-03-2004, 17:12
Thanks for that.

I'll wave £50 at him :)

Best regards,
Brett.

paulyoung666
29-03-2004, 19:12
Thanks for that.

I'll wave £50 at him :)

Best regards,
Brett.

get the choccie biccies out ;)

hairy_mick
29-03-2004, 19:38
you should not have extra points in your house if there is not equipment
Fitted on the ports this causes leakage of rf in and out this could have an effect on yours and other customers services, and donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t try to bribe me with tea and biscuitââ‚à ‚¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s I am a busy man. No seriously not a good idea as means extra work for tech that hasnââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t been sanctioned.

paulyoung666
29-03-2004, 19:49
you should not have extra points in your house if there is not equipment
Fitted on the ports this causes leakage of rf in and out this could have an effect on yours and other customers services, and donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t try to bribe me with tea and biscuitââ‚à ‚¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s I am a busy man. No seriously not a good idea as means extra work for tech that hasnââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t been sanctioned.

grumpy :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

only pulling your leg my mate ;)