PDA

View Full Version : profiles in yahoo messenger

aardvark
28-03-2004, 23:28
I can't view profiles in Yahoo messenger ... or change my own

get error message -

Not Found
The requested URL /(yahoo id) was not found on this server.

I've been told it's an ntl: issue. Is that true and if so what can I do about it?

Thanks.

The_real_dj
29-03-2004, 01:05
exactly the same thing has been happening to me for the last week or so! but for some strange reason they seem to be working now, i dont think its a problem with NTL cause im pretty sure i was speakin to some one on BT with the same prob (not 100% sure who she gets he access through)

Give it a try now it might of been something at yahoos end :)

Maggy
29-03-2004, 01:13
Well I can find my own profile through Yahoo Messenger.No error messages at all.However Yahoo or Bahoo as I call them are notorious for glitches like this.After all it's simply enormous and must have a fantastic huge database.Bound to go tits up occasionally.

It's when I get three duplicates of email messages from my Yahoo groups that I start to lose it.Also lately I've lost email through my Yahoo account(the spam still gets through though despite their spam filter).

I expect you can find it now though.

Keytops
29-03-2004, 01:46
This is an old / ongoing issue with NTL and / or Yahoo - basically Yahoo doesn't like some of NTL's poxy servers. ..err.. proxy servers.

Have a look here http://www.helpbytes.co.uk/profiles.php.

aardvark
29-03-2004, 08:34
You're right keytops

It does seem to be an ntl: proxy issue.

I've changed proxy and now all seems well.

Thanks for the advice.

ikthius
29-03-2004, 08:37
this is an NTL proxy server issue, I got told this by NTL, they gave me a proxy and a port number, this worked for about 2 months, now it is belly up again.

ik

ikthius
29-03-2004, 13:48
today i phoned NTL, and after 30 mins they said their server is not refreshing the cookies, so NTL has the probs on this one.

ik