PDA

View Full Version : NTL Trunking with NO cable!

pdmassey
14-07-2003, 11:55
Help!,

I have a very frustrating problem with NTL in the fact that I moved into my house nearly two years ago and have been unable to get NTL to connect me to their much needed Cable/Broadband services, EVEN though the street contains all the neccessary trunking and manhole covers right up to the house! I might add that the main road that my road is connected to HAS NTL cable services.

After several phone calls and letters including pictures of the said trunking (which yielded NO reply) all NTL continue to say is "There are no plans to connect your road to cable".

Can anyone out there solve this mystery?

Regards
Paul

PS:- my road location is;-
Heron Way
STOTFOLD
Hitchin
Herts
SG54QB

fraz
14-07-2003, 12:08
according to http://sales.ntl.com/newdesign/newindex.jsp?new=Y&cust=ntlcom

you can have cable

just double check for your house number

pdmassey
14-07-2003, 12:20
Thanks for spending the time checking my postcode :o).

Unfortunately I tried this a few weeks ago and immediately signed up and all went through ok until I got a message back a few days later saying "Thanks for your order" - but cable is not available in your area. (ANGRY isnt the word!).

Paul

XFS03
14-07-2003, 14:29
That's not the first time the post code checker has been wrong.
NTL use their own internal post code checker which is obviously more accurate. Why cant the database for that one be used on both checkers?

grum1978
14-07-2003, 14:33
Originally posted by pdmassey

Unfortunately I tried this a few weeks ago and immediately signed up and all went through ok until I got a message back a few days later saying "Thanks for your order" - but cable is not available in your area. (ANGRY isnt the word!).

Paul

internal checker says it is a serviceable postcode :eek: :confused: which confuses matters even more :shrug:

pdmassey
14-07-2003, 14:38
Totaly agree about the postcode checker. What was even more infuriating was that the previous version of this checker said the service was NOT available! Its not the fact that NTL can't connect us, its just that there seems to be no reason for their refusal. They will not reply to letters either.... On to The MD I think.

P

grum1978
14-07-2003, 14:44
Totaly agree about the postcode checker. What was even more infuriating was that the previous version of this checker said the service was NOT available! Its not the fact that NTL can't connect us, its just that there seems to be no reason for their refusal. They will not reply to letters either.... On to The MD I think.

P

David Thatcher
Managing Director, ntl:home ESE Business Unit
Phone: 01582 701616
e-mail: david.thatcher@ntl.com

is that ok for you :)

fraz
14-07-2003, 15:07

Paul

Paul

PM your house number & Ive got a friend in Luton waiting to double check what the problem is

fraz
14-07-2003, 17:34
Paul

Ive asked the question but I cant reply to your PM as you have PMs turned off :(