PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex for £5

Tristan
14-07-2003, 01:43
Popped into Game the other day and saw Deus Ex for £5, in the "Sold Out" range. I hadn't played it before, but I'd heard it was good, so I thought for the price of a couple of beers, you can't go wrong...

And it's utterly fantastic. :D

An FPS and an RPG in one, it's one of the best games I've ever played. Okay, maybe the plot's going to be a bit cheesey (I'm guessing I'm going to have to go up against my brother at some point -- conflicting loyalties, and all that...), but I can't fault the game itself.

It's not totally non-linear, as you're given set missions that you have to complete, but the way in which you go about these tasks is up to you. You can get fully tooled up, and go in all guns blazing, or choose silenced pistols and do things the Solid Snake way.

This is one of the best single-player games I've ever played, and for £5, it has to be the bargain of the century.

Get it! Get it now!

deadite66
14-07-2003, 03:58
yep deus ex is a top game.

if you like deus ex you may also like system shock 2.

Defiant
14-07-2003, 08:42
haha it was voted best game of 2000 by allot of magazine's around the world, Try Maxpayne next if you haven't already. That was best 2001, Well I think it was 2001

Shorty
14-07-2003, 10:55
Originally posted by Defiant
Try Maxpayne next if you haven't already. That was best 2001, Well I think it was 2001

Amen to that :D

Deus Ex rules. No spoilers, you gotta find out what happens ;)

Ramrod
14-07-2003, 11:13
Originally posted by Tristan

And it's utterly fantastic. :D

An FPS and an RPG in one, it's one of the best games I've ever played. Okay, maybe the plot's going to be a bit cheesey (I'm guessing I'm going to have to go up against my brother at some point -- conflicting loyalties, and all that...), but I can't fault the game itself.

It's not totally non-linear, as you're given set missions that you have to complete, but the way in which you go about these tasks is up to you. You can get fully tooled up, and go in all guns blazing, or choose silenced pistols and do things the Solid Snake way.

This is one of the best single-player games I've ever played, and for £5, it has to be the bargain of the century.

Get it! Get it now!
I got it a while back. There must be something wrong with me as I never really got into it. Strange:(