PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 2004 controller HELL

skymouse
24-03-2004, 23:19
Hi
I have fifa2004 and my controller does not work.
I have referred to the ea website and followed their advice ...so...

Installed Patch from EA.
Updated Trustmaster Dual Power 3 gamepad Drivers
Updated NVidia GF4 Ti200 Drivers
Updated Creative Audigy Drivers

But still no go!!
Dunno what else to do. Has anyone else found this or have any ideas?? ? / :confused:

System : XP2000, WinXP, GF4Ti200, DX9, Audigy, 512Ram, etc etc...

Thanks

kronas
25-03-2004, 00:42
ok have you gone on to windows xp, looked in the 'game controllers' option in 'control panel', also have you set the axis and button configs in both the game and in the specific area in windows xp ?

skymouse
25-03-2004, 00:54
Yep

Have set up calibration in control panel.
There doesnt appear to be a controller calibration bit in fifa tho.
The x button and d-pad seems to be recognised in menus, but once i come to configure contoller in the game, i am unable to assign any buttons.... the game seems to crash....

??

kronas
25-03-2004, 01:06
Yep
Have set up calibration in control panel.

ok

There doesnt appear to be a controller calibration bit in fifa tho.

my bad didnt mean to word it like that

The x button and d-pad seems to be recognised in menus, but once i come to configure contoller in the game, i am unable to assign any buttons.... the game seems to crash....

i suggest you completely remove the game, this means going in to program files (after you have used add/remove programs) deleting the folder, make sure your DirectX is up to date

download

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx?url=/windows/directx/downloads/default.htm

also you can make sure your graphics drivers are up to date ........

skymouse
28-03-2004, 21:11
Right,

Everything is updated, and DX9b installed. Calibrated also...
Controller works, but the buttons cannot be reassigned....... so is a pain to play....... doesnt actually look that good anyway.
Still, any help would be great.
:D