You are experiencing browsing problems, and would like to change the transparent cache server that you are using to see if this fixes the problem, so diagnosing the cache as the problem.
To manually specify a proxy server, follow these steps:
- Right click on Internet Explorer on the Desktop. Then select properties.
- Select the Connections Tab and then click on LAN settings.
- Remove all ticks and put a tick in Use a proxy server.
- Now add one of the servers in the address box and in the port box enter 8080.
- Close Internet Options and then open Internet Explorer and you should now be able to browse the Internet using the new proxy.
Article originally written by Simon M
- Click on Start > Settings > Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections tab
- Click on the dial up connection that you want to apply the settings to
- Click the Settings button on the right
- You can now click on Use a Proxy server and specify the hostname and Port used.
- Click OK > Apply > OK