Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football Season 2011/12

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Cable Forum Basement > Entertainment > Sports

Football Season 2011/12
Closed Thread

Old 30-04-2012, 15:42   #4921
Uncle Peter
Sláinte!

Services: Sidechaining
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Re: Football Season 2011/12

And 35 years experience of mediocrity of which about half of that was teaching Scandinavian fishermen to play kick and run.
Old 30-04-2012, 15:50   #4922
Damien
-
Cable Forum Team

Damien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered stars
Damien is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
And 35 years experience of mediocrity of which about half of that was teaching Scandinavian fishermen to play kick and run.
Well suited to managing the English national team then. He has achieved more than Harry Redknapp has.
Old 30-04-2012, 16:01   #4923
colin25
mallemaroking

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

I think it best to reserve judgement...if he is manager..give him a chance.

Save the negativity..until after England are humbled
Old 30-04-2012, 16:44   #4924
yesman

Worldwide interest apparently, so in my view it has got 0 - 0 written all over it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-17894222

Old 30-04-2012, 16:50   #4925
colin25
mallemaroking

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman View Post
Worldwide interest apparently, so in my view it has got 0 - 0 written all over it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-17894222
Nooooooooooo. don't jinx it..I want a free scoring game..and a Man City victory
Old 30-04-2012, 16:57   #4926
thenry
cf.mega poster

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
I think it best to reserve judgement...if he is manager..give him a chance.

Save the negativity..until after England are humbled
doubt the media will give him a chance
Old 30-04-2012, 17:07   #4927
Uncle Peter
Sláinte!

Services: Sidechaining
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

England managers are locked into the Fleet St gallows as soon as they take the job. Roy's slopey shoulders attitude should ensure a limitless supply of popcorn moments for the neutral observer.

There was a myth perpetuated (by his friends in the media by the likes of that idiot Patrick Barclay) that he was some kind of steady handed Mr Nice Guy but he just turned out to be arrogant, deluded, disrespectful and incapable of accepting blame.
Old 30-04-2012, 18:36   #4928
thenry
cf.mega poster

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

SkySportsNews has gone into overdrive
Old 30-04-2012, 18:40   #4929
denphone
Still alive and smiling

Services: XL BB, 2 Tivo's, XL TV.
denphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered stars
denphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
SkySportsNews has gone into overdrive
OTT again l am afraid.
Old 30-04-2012, 18:54   #4930
Damien
-
Cable Forum Team

Damien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
There was a myth perpetuated (by his friends in the media by the likes of that idiot Patrick Barclay) that he was some kind of steady handed Mr Nice Guy but he just turned out to be arrogant, deluded, disrespectful and incapable of accepting blame.
Very harsh. He had a decent record at most of the clubs and national teams he has been at. Liverpool didn't work out but he was thrust into a very difficult situation and not given much time or money to make it work, not to mention impossible expectation. If you contrast his record with Kenny Dalglish who, with a calmer situation, the backing of the fans, and a lot of money has failed to get the league position expected of Hodgson then he doesn't seem as bad as was made out.

That said I am not sure if he is the right man. Reports from his clubs suggest he depends on very precise and rigorous training sessions, coaching his team over and over again. He won't have this luxury with England, it's all about tactics and motivation. I don't think he is any worse than Harry with the former but he may have difficulty motivating them. We'll see.
Old 30-04-2012, 20:22   #4931
colin25
mallemaroking

My fear was an injustice might go against Man City again..and kompany gets booked for Rooney kicking him?..typical...though don't blame ref...Rooney played for booking
Old 30-04-2012, 20:25   #4932
Damien
-
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
My fear was an injustice might go against Man City again..and kompany gets booked for Rooney kicking him?..typical...though don't blame ref...Rooney played for booking
Don't think Rooney played for it, and the ref would have had a hard time seeing it clearly, but it wasn't a yellow.
Old 30-04-2012, 20:26   #4933
colin25
mallemaroking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Don't think Rooney played for it, and the ref would have had a hard time seeing it clearly, but it wasn't a yellow.
Perhaps..I do have a slight bias
Old 30-04-2012, 20:30   #4934
Damien
-
Cable Forum Team

Ok Rooney is trying to get him booked now.
Old 30-04-2012, 20:31   #4935
colin25
mallemaroking

Rooney charges kompany off the ball..typical ref sees nothing...I wonder if it was other way round..kompany would be red carded
Closed Thread