Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football Season 2011/12

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Cable Forum Basement > Entertainment > Sports

Football Season 2011/12
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 23:25   #3601
thenry
cf.mega poster

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: Football Season 2011/12

we're not extremely bad at Everton although it is a fixture inwhich two teams are picking up form late on. im optimistic i think we can go there and get all 3 points.

tomorrows derby will be interesting
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2012, 23:33   #3602
Damien
-
Cable Forum Team

Damien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered stars
Damien is seeing silvered stars

Newcastle are not happy with RVP mentioning the time wasting after the goal. Some tried to confront him in the tunnel and Tiote has tweeted that 'RVP is joke'. Lolz.
Old 13-03-2012, 01:42   #3603
adzii_nufc
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media 120mb Sky+HD Phone XL
adzii_nufc has reached the bronze age
adzii_nufc has reached the bronze ageadzii_nufc has reached the bronze ageadzii_nufc has reached the bronze ageadzii_nufc has reached the bronze ageadzii_nufc has reached the bronze ageadzii_nufc has reached the bronze ageadzii_nufc has reached the bronze ageadzii_nufc has reached the bronze ageadzii_nufc has reached the bronze ageadzii_nufc has reached the bronze ageadzii_nufc has reached the bronze ageadzii_nufc has reached the bronze ageadzii_nufc has reached the bronze age

Good game few niggles,

Thought Arsenal were full of sportsmanship.. Until they started taking corners yards outside of the actual spot and nudging the ball yards forward from a free kick when the referee's back is turned.

Apart from that I enjoyed the game.
Old 13-03-2012, 05:43   #3604
denphone
Still alive and smiling

Services: XL BB, 2 Tivo's, XL TV.
denphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered stars
denphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
and one at the death of the game
Well on the balance of play Arsenal deserved their victory and they are still in with a great chance of securing that 4th Champions League spot.
Old 13-03-2012, 06:16   #3605
colin25
mallemaroking

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well on the balance of play Arsenal deserved their victory and they are still in with a great chance of securing that 4th Champions League spot.
Or maybe the 3rd champions league spot
Old 13-03-2012, 10:18   #3606
Damien
-
Cable Forum Team

Damien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered stars
Damien is seeing silvered stars

Well that was fun last night.

Three teams, two Champions League spots. I am not convinced we'll get it, it would require some real poor results from the other two teams. I see Chelsea kicking in like they always do and we being left fighting Spurs who have a much easier run in and are still a point ahead. We might have given ourselves a little too much to do in the end.

Still I am pleased with the fight in this team all of a sudden. Last night was the fourth consecutive Premier League game in which we came from behind to win, a record apparently. Three of those four wins came from very late goals, Henry against Sunderland, RVP against Liverpool and Vermaelen against Newcastle last night. Wenger is often mocked for his insistence that this team has great 'metal strength' but we are seeing it at the moment. I don't know what did it, they seemed to have finally snapped at 2 - 0 down against Spurs and haven't let up since.

Nice full week until the game against Everton, going out of the FA Cup and Champions League will have advantages in this run in.

Last edited by Damien; 13-03-2012 at 10:37.
Old 13-03-2012, 10:48   #3607
MarkC1984
Grumpy Old Git

Services: Essential Collection, Proud TiVo convert, Blackberry 8520 phone.
MarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appeal
MarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via AIM to MarkC1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Good game few niggles,

Thought Arsenal were full of sportsmanship.. Until they started taking corners yards outside of the actual spot and nudging the ball yards forward from a free kick when the referee's back is turned.

Apart from that I enjoyed the game.
To be fair to Arsenal though, most teams do that kind of thing. What annoys me, even when it is my own team doing it, is taking half the pitch when taking a throw in. It really annoys me, and another one is the stop start stop start of some penalty takers. That should be banned, as it is really unfair on the goalie trying to save it.
Old 13-03-2012, 11:18   #3608
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
When Roman came along and pumped his millions in to Chelsea, their fans were adamant that he wasn’t “buying success”.

So what happened, they instantly found success. And when he stopped spending stupid money on players, the success dried up.

So yes, Chelsea tried to buy instant success in exactly the same way Man City are trying to do now
I don't think he has stopped spending just yet

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
How about every club has same amount of money to spend...and best team wins

That would stop the arguments aboutr mine is bigger than your one
No chance that will happen
Old 13-03-2012, 11:22   #3609
Russ
8.49m paced Half Marathon
Cable Forum Team

Russ has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver bling
Russ has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
I don't think he has stopped spending just yet
He has stopped on the scale of when he took over. As soon as he started running Chelsea like a business, the rot set in.
Old 13-03-2012, 11:36   #3610
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
He has stopped on the scale of when he took over. As soon as he started running Chelsea like a business, the rot set in.
Well he is not doing a good job so far
Old 13-03-2012, 11:40   #3611
denphone
Still alive and smiling

denphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered stars
denphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
Well he is not doing a good job so far
Perhaps you can do a better job then Alan as you seem to be the expert on most things..
Old 13-03-2012, 11:52   #3612
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Perhaps you can do a better job then Alan as you seem to be the expert on most things..
Yes I would, for start, I wound have not sacked Jose and not spend £50 Million on one player

I would run a club for a long term sustanable future, not for short term gain
Old 13-03-2012, 20:36   #3613
denphone
Still alive and smiling

Well the great man Gerrard pops up again against our bitter rivals.
Old 13-03-2012, 20:56   #3614
colin25
mallemaroking

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Well the great man Gerrard pops up again against our bitter rivals.
Bitter?..I thought it was the friendly derby..and bitter was reserved for Man Utd?

Only halftime..
Old 13-03-2012, 21:00   #3615
denphone
Still alive and smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Bitter?..I thought it was the friendly derby..and bitter was reserved for Man Utd?

Only halftime..
Well there is no such thing as a friendly against Everton or Man Utd.