Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Cable Forum Basement > Entertainment > Sports

WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

Old 29-03-2012, 23:36   #1036
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Entertainment Extra+, SKY Sports, SKY Movies, Boxnation, SKY Multiroom, SKY Broadband, SKY Talk
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny star
Re: WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
While I agree with some of those, usually the reason some wrestlers you think ought to be first in line for a HoF spot aren't in there yet is due to money.

Owen will never get in as his wife won't allow it. Warrior wants Vince to bring out a DVD debunking the Self Destruction thing before he'll even consider doing anything connected with WWE.

Jake has too much substance and alcohol abuse history at the moment.

Although, some might say the one man who should be ahead of the queue of all those wears a bandana and considers himself a Real American...
Some of the politics in wrestling is just crazy. It's good to see TNA and WWE agreeing an arrangement to allow Flair to join the Horsemen for this years induction. Will this be the first time that a wrestler, contracted to a rival wrestling company, has legitimately appeared as part of a WWE broadcast?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-03-2012, 23:39   #1037
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

I think undertaker will win. Would had liked him to be fighting some 1 else as we seen these 2 fight last year. Which was a really good . I wish it was the rock vs undertaker now that be a match
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 23:50   #1038
Russ
8.49m paced Half Marathon
Cable Forum Team

Russ has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver bling
Russ has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Some of the politics in wrestling is just crazy. It's good to see TNA and WWE agreeing an arrangement to allow Flair to join the Horsemen for this years induction. Will this be the first time that a wrestler, contracted to a rival wrestling company, has legitimately appeared as part of a WWE broadcast?
I think the closest they came was when DX invaded WCW.

“You must show no mercy, nor have any belief whatsoever in how other people judge you, because your greatness will silence them all. Always Believe"
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 00:00   #1039
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Entertainment Extra+, SKY Sports, SKY Movies, Boxnation, SKY Multiroom, SKY Broadband, SKY Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe View Post
I think undertaker will win. Would had liked him to be fighting some 1 else as we seen these 2 fight last year. Which was a really good . I wish it was the rock vs undertaker now that be a match
The Rock Vs. The Undertaker would be great, but I don't think The Rock could pull off a gimmick match like Hell in a Cell and I don't think The Undertaker could last a 30 minute match without stipulations. Hell in a Cell is perfect for Taker as it gives him the chance to take plenty of breathers between either himself or HHH taking bumps.

Steve Austin has hinted before that he might have one last match in him. I'd love to see Austin Vs. The Rock for one last time, if Austin could perform.

---------- Post added 30-03-2012 at 00:00 ---------- Previous post was 29-03-2012 at 23:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I think the closest they came was when DX invaded WCW.
That was classic TV. I remember watching the Raw broadcast and having goosebumps. I miss The Monday Night Wars. For me one of the best periods for wrestling. I used to get so excited seeing WWE guys turning up on WCW and visa versa at the end of their contracts. The Monday Night Wars documentary is a great watch.

Oh just remembered this one. How crazy was the gimmick TNA ran about 5 years ago with The Road Dogg and Billy Gunn calling out HBK and HHH? They went to the WWE headquarters and even offered $1 million for DX to turn up on a TNA broadcast. Billy Gunn talks about it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=assBq83r3sY

Last edited by Chad; 30-03-2012 at 00:05.
Old 30-03-2012, 00:38   #1040
wwe
cf.mega poster

wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

The rock vs Austin that would be great. Austin has kept hinting at 1 more match but when Who knows. Mick folley has also hinted at a match as well
Old 30-03-2012, 01:12   #1041
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe View Post
The rock vs Austin that would be great. Austin has kept hinting at 1 more match but when Who knows. Mick folley has also hinted at a match as well
Mick Folley, another favourite of mine. The fall from the top of the Hell in a Cell will forever be in my top 5 WWE moments. His autobiography is a fantastic read if you've never read it. Sadly I don't think Folley fits in with the PG era of today.

Mick Folley is another guy I'd like to see in the Hall of Fame. He's been wrestling for almost 30 years, all around the world, and has worked for all 4 major companies being WCW, ECW, WWE and TNA.
Old 30-03-2012, 06:33   #1042
Russ
Cable Forum Team

Russ has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver bling
Russ has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver bling

In all honesty I would hate to see Foley wrestle again. Yes he's given us some classic matches in the past but he is so over-the-hill now it's embarrassing.

His performance at the Royal Rumble was tragic. His punches looked awful, he could barely move and looked like a fish out of water. That's not how I want to remember Foley. I want have my memories of him to be of his Hardcore Legend days, not the past-his-prime version of today.

But I do agree with him being a HoF'er. JBL is another one for me, he was one of the best and most believable heels I can remember.

“You must show no mercy, nor have any belief whatsoever in how other people judge you, because your greatness will silence them all. Always Believe"
Old 30-03-2012, 06:36   #1043
MarkC1984
Grumpy Old Git

Services: Essential Collection, Proud TiVo convert, Blackberry 8520 phone.
MarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appeal
MarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via AIM to MarkC1984

Re: Sting being inducted. It was either last year or the year before they tried signing Sting for a month or two so he would be a WWE person and Vince was going to induct him to the HoF. Sting was going to sign, but then did a 180 and signed a new deal with TNA.

I saw a link to an article elsewhere that says that TNA are having money issues, and could be forced to release people to save wages. Whilst not a massive fan of TNA, they do have some good wrestlers there. Although dumping the 6 sided ring was a mistake imo as it was their USP. Now they are just another American wrestling company.
MarkC1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 23:12   #1044
Russ
Cable Forum Team

Word is doing the rounds that WWE have flown Batista in to Miami today. No word on whether he'll be part of WM but that would be interesting seeing as he's said he hates their PG product.

Brock Lesnar is also in last-minute talks to appear. If he can work off his ring-rust I can see him against the Rock at a future PPV.

Old 31-03-2012, 07:37   #1045
MarkC1984
Grumpy Old Git

MarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appeal

I thought the big fight in WWE for a Lesnar comeback was going to be against Taker. Both men have said they want to fight each other at a future WM, so that would more likely for me than Lesnar v Rock.

For next year's WM, I call Rock v Stone Cold Steve Austin. Both want to do it, fans would love to do it, and it would put the buy rate in America, never mind the world, sky high. I might even consider paying for it if they do face each other next year.
Old 31-03-2012, 19:49   #1046
Russ
Cable Forum Team

Stone Cold has said if he has one last match it should be against CM Punk. I'd prefer that - Austin V Rock has already been done.

Old 01-04-2012, 20:13   #1047
Russ
Cable Forum Team

OK people, heads up on WM tonight - absolutely no spoilers for at least 24 hours no matter how 'excited' you get during the show.

Old 01-04-2012, 20:54   #1048
wwe
cf.mega poster

What happened to Smackdown last night it said it was on about 3 so I v+ it gone to watch it today and some how WWe late night Smackdown has turned into WWe superstar. Plus it's not on tuesday so cart watch this weeks
Old 02-04-2012, 14:38   #1049
Chad
cf.mega poster

Hall Of Fame 2012 is on SKY Sports 3 tonight at 10:00pm
Old 03-04-2012, 10:37   #1050
MarkC1984
Grumpy Old Git

Are we OK to talk about WrestleMania now? I won't say anything if we are not yet clear, but I was a bit meh about some of the results.