Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Install let down


You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Install let down
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011, 23:39   #1
BenJSmyth
Very happy TiVo user
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Crawley
Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
Posts: 632
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light
Install let down

Today we had booked an upgrade from the 50mb service to the 100mb service as well as an extra TiVo box to be installed. This was due to happen between 1 and 6pm.

At around 2:15pm the engineer turned up and promptly started replacing the VMG300 for the Superhub. I asked him about the TiVo and he gave me a blank look. He said the 100mb install was all he was down for. I asked if it was possible a second engineer might turn up. He just nodded.

As soon as he left (the install only took 5 minutes) I phoned 150. According to their systems he was supposed to be installing both and both services were on the job sheet, apparently.

Voicemails and emails were left for area managers who would apparently phone me. At around 4:45pm I phoned 150 again. More emails and voicemails were left and also an email to the install team. I received a call from the install team at around 7pm. I was told the earliest date for the TiVo install was Tuesday, Not wanting to take more time off work I plumped for next Saturday (12th). I asked for tomorrow (5th) and was told that an area manager may phone me to arrange something sooner, but all they could do was apologise.

I'm a little unimpressed to be honest. I originally reported the problem 3.5 hours before the end of the install window and honestly thought I would have the box installed tonight. I would have been very happy with an install of tomorrow but I shall have to wait a further week now.

Just thought I would share that ramble with you all
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2011, 20:57   #2
BenJSmyth
Very happy TiVo user
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Crawley
Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
Posts: 632
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Install let down

A quick (or perhaps not) update on this.

I phoned up again on Saturday and they contacted the area manager and asked them to contact me to arrange a time, they said it might have been possible for the same day. Alas, no call or visit. I shall make do with the visit next Saturday to install.

That was only just the start of the problems though, they have got my billing messed up as well and are pulling the telephone call recording.

When ordering on the 31st October I was told the extra TiVo box would incur no extra monthly cost and just a one off isntall fee of £49.95. This I was happy with. I know that from the 1st November they were changing the TiVo fee to per box.

I queried the total monthly bill whilst on the phone yesterday. I was told it was £120.96 however when I upgraded I was told my monthly cost would be £111.46. I made her confirm during the upgrade process that going from VIP50 to VIP100 with the addition of an extra TiVo box would be £111.46 (which is what she had quoted me already but wanted her to confirm). I happily accepted.

I spoke to a resolution manager on Saturday who said they would honour that quoted price once they can confirm by listening to the call. The drama continues....
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 21:03   #3
jcw00
cf.addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 312
jcw00 is a jewel in the roughjcw00 is a jewel in the roughjcw00 is a jewel in the roughjcw00 is a jewel in the roughjcw00 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Install let down

Although you have had hassle with your install, you got an earlier install date. If I want Tivo install I have to wait over a month and if I want a Saturday install it will be after Christmas.
jcw00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 23:34   #4
BenJSmyth
Very happy TiVo user
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Crawley
Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
Posts: 632
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Install let down

That is true. The install date I am now not too bothered about, it's the billing I'm concerned about! I hope they honour the price they told me and if they do indeed have the call recorded then they will do. If not, I have time to be able to cancel the install next week.

Virgin have always been good with us in the past, and they have always been true to their word (in our case) so I hope this will be no different.
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 21:01   #5
greeninferno
cf.addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 407
greeninferno is a splendid one to beholdgreeninferno is a splendid one to beholdgreeninferno is a splendid one to beholdgreeninferno is a splendid one to beholdgreeninferno is a splendid one to beholdgreeninferno is a splendid one to beholdgreeninferno is a splendid one to beholdgreeninferno is a splendid one to beholdgreeninferno is a splendid one to behold
Re: Install let down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
Today we had booked an upgrade from the 50mb service to the 100mb service as well as an extra TiVo box to be installed. This was due to happen between 1 and 6pm.

At around 2:15pm the engineer turned up and promptly started replacing the VMG300 for the Superhub. I asked him about the TiVo and he gave me a blank look. He said the 100mb install was all he was down for. I asked if it was possible a second engineer might turn up. He just nodded.

As soon as he left (the install only took 5 minutes) I phoned 150. According to their systems he was supposed to be installing both and both services were on the job sheet, apparently.

Voicemails and emails were left for area managers who would apparently phone me. At around 4:45pm I phoned 150 again. More emails and voicemails were left and also an email to the install team. I received a call from the install team at around 7pm. I was told the earliest date for the TiVo install was Tuesday, Not wanting to take more time off work I plumped for next Saturday (12th). I asked for tomorrow (5th) and was told that an area manager may phone me to arrange something sooner, but all they could do was apologise.

I'm a little unimpressed to be honest. I originally reported the problem 3.5 hours before the end of the install window and honestly thought I would have the box installed tonight. I would have been very happy with an install of tomorrow but I shall have to wait a further week now.

Just thought I would share that ramble with you all
you maybe should have phoned while he was there may have clarified it on the spot.
greeninferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 21:13   #6
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Posts: 2,128
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: Install let down

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno View Post
you maybe should have phoned while he was there may have clarified it on the spot.
That's exactly what I was going to say.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 22:10   #7
BenJSmyth
Very happy TiVo user
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Crawley
Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
Posts: 632
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Install let down

I did think about it actually and really should have done. When I did phone though I was on hold for 15 minutes. I doubt he would have hung around that long. It is being installed this Saturday now so I am happy enough.

The billing issue was a bigger problem for me but VM have sorted that for me too. Give them their due, they may screw up occasionally but they always seem to rectify things pretty quickly.
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 22:26   #8
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Posts: 2,128
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: Install let down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
I did think about it actually and really should have done. When I did phone though I was on hold for 15 minutes. I doubt he would have hung around that long. It is being installed this Saturday now so I am happy enough.

The billing issue was a bigger problem for me but VM have sorted that for me too. Give them their due, they may screw up occasionally but they always seem to rectify things pretty quickly.
I take it you didn't have to deal with an overseas call centre then?
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:48   #9
BenJSmyth
Very happy TiVo user
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Crawley
Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
Posts: 632
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Install let down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
I take it you didn't have to deal with an overseas call centre then?
How did you guess

Very helpful "resolution manager" from Scotland. I went through to the install team on the phone menu though. Perhaps the installation route, like the "thinking of leaving us" route, always gets through to someone here.
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Google Search




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:15.


Server: titan.cableforum.co.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2