Originally Posted by ultimate
After a long wait I finally phoned up and asked for an upgrade from 20M to 30M, the Superhub arriving this Friday. In order to prepare myself, I have a few queries.
1. When the Superhub is installed, do I expect it to work immediately with my present 20M connection? (The CS says I need to phone a number to upgrade the speed.)
2. When the speed has been increased to 30M, my present modem will not work at all?
3. Any other hints and tips?
1. When I went from 10Mb to 30Mb I had to dial an automated number to activate the superhub, followed the instructions - I think i just had to leave it about 20 mins before plugging it in - and it all just sort of worked.
2. No idea, not tried it.
3. It's pretty painless. If you want to keep your existing router you can set the superhub to modem mode. If you do use modem mode, then the address to log in to the superhub settings is different: