Hi, I am the person Spitfire refers to, I have registered in the hope I can get some answers.
So to clarify my situation.
Before the US issue I haven't experienced any issues with my net expect for the odd time when the router needed replacing. Since this US issue my web experience isn't the same.
I have never experienced an issue streaming videos on US sites nor have I ever known my download speed to be so low. For example 20 mins ago to test my connection I tried downloading the new itunes from Apple.com the Max download I was getting was 140 kB/sec and even then half way through it failed (maybe a firefox issue but I closed the error before reading) I find it hard to believe that I shouldn't be getting a higher speed than this.
When I use Xfire which is a chat program I am getting high latency, admittedly not as much as two days ago but it still occurs.
This may not be linked to the US issue but an issue does exist and has done since that issue.
So tonight I phoned Customer Services.
I was asked to download 2 game files from you file server over 200MB. I got a combined speed of 2.30MB, first question is this what you would expect from a 20MB connection?
This was with the connection from my PC direct to the modem without my router.
He then asked about tracerts which I had already done, my ms was okay when it reached the US it was about 140 max.
I explained that when I try to download the test file from Bounceweb.com I get 70kB/s he asked me to try this with the connection being direct but still 70 max.
He then tried to flog me off with oh it will be the amount of uses trying to connect to them so I asked him to give me a site in the US that he knew wouldn't have a problem with a large amount of uses but he said he can only ask me to download from the game file.
Anyway.. I would like to know why it is that Spitfire who is on a 6MB connection can get 400 kB/s from the same site at the same time I am getting 70 kB/s.. and what can I do to prove that there is an actual fault and it's not just a case of me waking up on the wrong side of the bed like the support I received on the phone would like to believe.
For the record I tried the proxxy above, the same download started to download at 130 kB/s but then dropped to 70 again.
---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------
With FoxyProxy using the settings on the VM thread
With FoxyProxy disabled.
Just thought I would add this.