Originally Posted by tweetypie/8
no harm in dreaming.
Oh, well in that case:
- Sky Movies, full pack, Ã‚Â£5pcm for XL customers, including HD,
- Every SD programme on TVOD, that is available in HD elsewhere, available in HD on TVOD,
- Perpetual access to full series on TVOD, none of this ridiculous remove and replenish business,
- Open up the Emmy again! Honestly, how *do* people get into the eTV business, when all the tools, documentation and infrastructure are locked up tighter than a paedophile's nads (sorry!)...
- For that matter, a middleware capable of 21st century technologies (for example, did you know that pretty much the entire UI is transcoded HTML 3.2!),
- VOD integrated into all interactive services, where appropriate - e.g., instead of watching a 5 minute news loop on a multiscreen accessed from a digital text service, that same 5 minute summary can start on demand (which, considering the way the BBC iPlayer is/was integrated into BBCi, and a brief skimming of the Liberate documentation, is already technically possible from a suitably authorised app),
- At the very least, all the PSBs' HD channels, and
- Sky1 and Sky1 HD, if only for Stargate SG-1/Atlantis and the brilliant Terry Pratchett Discworld adaptations, or
- Stargate and the Discworld adaptations on TVOD, in HD if available.