Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The iPhone thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Cable Forum Basement > Science & Technology

The iPhone thread

Old 08-05-2012, 21:02   #1996
Hugh
Hic Sunt Dracones
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: The iPhone thread

Latest version of iOS.

If my post is in bold, it's a moderating decision - if not, it's not.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2012, 22:02   #1997
dilli-theclaw
BRL GRADE 2

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I did my iPhone this afternoon and fit the first time do had an issue with it Natalie phones earlier and it wouldn't hang up when she'd finished I had to restart the phone, very odd.
Old 21-05-2012, 21:56   #1998
Russ
8.49m paced Half Marathon
Cable Forum Team

Russ has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver bling
Russ has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver bling

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...___report.html

I await with interest

“You must show no mercy, nor have any belief whatsoever in how other people judge you, because your greatness will silence them all. Always Believe"
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 01:12   #1999
Matt D
Tezcatlipoca
Cable Forum Team

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro (80/20 FTTC)
Matt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny stars
Matt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny stars

I can't see it causing any kind of "browser war". Even though you can install 3rd party browsers on iOS, you cannot (unless you Jailbreak) change the default browser from Safari. So if you use Chrome (or Atomic or iCab etc.), any time you click on a link or do anything else that would open a browser window, it will always open Safari.
Old 25-05-2012, 13:36   #2000
nstokes
God Of The Heavens

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 is now out. www.iclarified.com
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 15:33   #2001
nstokes
God Of The Heavens

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

anyone got Facebook login issues? Mine says down for maintenace but been down all day. Working on mates Andriod phone
Old 04-06-2012, 15:35   #2002
Russ
8.49m paced Half Marathon
Cable Forum Team

Russ has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver bling
Russ has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver bling

Working fine here.

“You must show no mercy, nor have any belief whatsoever in how other people judge you, because your greatness will silence them all. Always Believe"
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 15:42   #2003
dilli-theclaw
BRL GRADE 2

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

It's ok here too
Old 04-06-2012, 16:47   #2004
nstokes
God Of The Heavens

thats strange. still not working for me. when i was in it earlier it loaded and refreshed lastest updates but then kicked out and had the error ever since. i have even ended from ultitasking and satrted again and same thing

---------- Post added at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:44 ----------

i think my account has been hacked. I have tried logging in on safrai and same says unavailbe but i log in on an old account and works fine

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

Logged in to site from home now and messgae says "Account temporarily unavailable
Your account is currently unavailable due to a site issue. We expect this to be resolved shortly. Please try again in a few minutes." which is very strange. i have tried resseting password and email/sms hasnt come through which has been nealry 1 hr since requested. Have i been hacked?
Old 04-06-2012, 16:59   #2005
Stuart
Cable Forum Team
Cable Forum Team

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
thats strange. still not working for me. when i was in it earlier it loaded and refreshed lastest updates but then kicked out and had the error ever since. i have even ended from ultitasking and satrted again and same thing

---------- Post added at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:44 ----------

i think my account has been hacked. I have tried logging in on safrai and same says unavailbe but i log in on an old account and works fine

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

Logged in to site from home now and messgae says "Account temporarily unavailable
Your account is currently unavailable due to a site issue. We expect this to be resolved shortly. Please try again in a few minutes." which is very strange. i have tried resseting password and email/sms hasnt come through which has been nealry 1 hr since requested. Have i been hacked?
It's unlikely your account has been hacked. It's more likely that Facebook are having problems with problems with the server(s) hosting it..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 17:39   #2006
nstokes
God Of The Heavens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
It's unlikely your account has been hacked. It's more likely that Facebook are having problems with problems with the server(s) hosting it..
Makes sense but its just odd that 1 of my accounts work fine and the other one doesnt. Also the fact its been down all day

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

It seems its up and running again now. Thank god it wasnt a hacker. Seems a few people on my friends list has had an issue as well
Old 04-06-2012, 18:35   #2007
Stuart
Cable Forum Team
Cable Forum Team

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Makes sense but its just odd that 1 of my accounts work fine and the other one doesnt. Also the fact its been down all day

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

It seems its up and running again now. Thank god it wasnt a hacker. Seems a few people on my friends list has had an issue as well
On the face of it, it is odd. However, we don't know how Facebook organise their servers. It's entirely possible some accounts access facebook via one server, and another group accesses it via another.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 18:52   #2008
nstokes
God Of The Heavens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
On the face of it, it is odd. However, we don't know how Facebook organise their servers. It's entirely possible some accounts access facebook via one server, and another group accesses it via another.
True point
Old 06-07-2012, 19:38   #2009
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

I don't know if anybody can help.

I may receive urgent text messages at any time of day or night. And it is essential that I wake up when the message comes through. So I have tried customising the text alert tone for the number in question. However my problem is that I can only get it to do a short alert tone. Does anyone know how I can get it to play the alert for longer for text messages, so that I wake up?
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 19:42   #2010
Sirius
Going to retire in Malta

Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
I don't know if anybody can help.

I may receive urgent text messages at any time of day or night. And it is essential that I wake up when the message comes through. So I have tried customising the text alert tone for the number in question. However my problem is that I can only get it to do a short alert tone. Does anyone know how I can get it to play the alert for longer for text messages, so that I wake up?
What phone are you using ?
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote