For all answers, I want the name of the record and the person/people/group that recorded it please.
1) A hit in 1969, this record topped the charts in 1988 thanks to a beer commercial.
2) After reaching no. 2 in 1981 as the first solo single by this artist, this record reached no. 4 in 1988 in a remixed form having been featured in a communications company's advert.
3) This act were the first since Gerry and the Pacemakers to reach no1 with their first 3 singles. Which was their 2nd no 1 hit.
4) Which 1970's hit single was the first to sell 2 million copies in the UK.
5) No 1 in 1964, no.25 in 1972 and no.11 in 1982.....this is a song about a brothel.
6) No. 5 in 1973, this record was the first hit for this group of headbanger's heroes on the Vertigo label.( their previous hits being on the pye label)
7) The first no.1 hit for this group featuring Ali & Robin Campbell.
8 ) Festive no.4 for a group supported by the suedettes, the Stockland Green bi-lateral first year choir with additional noises by Miss Snob and class 3c.
9) The only british group to have 3 no.1's in both the uk and the US in the eighties...Name their first no.1 in the UK.
10) London born singer who's first hit single hit the charts in 1971, he went on to win Grammy Living Legend Award in 1989..what was that first single.