Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | DVDs & Blu-ray Discs you Lust after ..

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Cable Forum Basement > Entertainment

DVDs & Blu-ray Discs you Lust after ..

Old 01-05-2012, 11:06   #436
denphone
Still alive and smiling

Services: XL BB, 2 Tivo's, XL TV.
denphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered stars
denphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered stars
Re: DVDs & Blu-ray Discs you Lust after ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
I'm still waiting for Captain America and Thor to come down in price. nearly £20 each is daft
Give it a couple of months and they will soon drop in price LM.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:13   #437
Stephen
Four leaf clover
Cable Forum Team

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+ Box, 3x TiVo, 60MB VM BB
Stephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via MSN to Stephen Send a message via Skype™ to Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Give it a couple of months and they will soon drop in price LM.
Very much doubt it, they have been on sale for ages now and with the Avengers being out its a good time for them to keep the prices high as they know people will buy them still.
Old 01-05-2012, 20:02   #438
Matt D
Tezcatlipoca
Cable Forum Team

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro (80/20 FTTC)
Matt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny stars
Matt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny stars

The Triple Plays of Cap & Thor were both £15 in ASDA when they came out. Stupidly, though, I decided to wait in case they got cheaper... instead they got more expensive

I just gave in in the end and bought them at ~£20 last week from Amazon.
Old 07-05-2012, 15:31   #439
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
The Triple Plays of Cap & Thor were both £15 in ASDA when they came out. Stupidly, though, I decided to wait in case they got cheaper... instead they got more expensive

I just gave in in the end and bought them at ~£20 last week from Amazon.
Thor Triple Play
http://www.tescoentertainment.com/st.../thor/8:774152

Captain America Triple Play (does say out of stock though)
http://direct.asda.com/Captain-Ameri...efault,pd.html
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 23:34   #440
borrissey
cf.geek

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era

I'd love them to bring Munich out on BR awesome film.
Sony 55EX723 1080p 3D LED, Yamaha 1900 AV receiver, 5.1 AE&KEF Speakers. BK XXLS400 sub. Sony 470 Blu ray player. 1TB TIVO, PS4. Toshiba 46" 1080p LCD, Onkyo 605 AV receiver, 500GB TiVo. AE&KEF 5.1 speakers.QED Cables
borrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 13:57   #441
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: BT, Sky multiroom (Sky+HD), BT Infinity Option 2
MadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronze
MadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronze

i've just Pre Ordered the Aristocats on Blu Ray
MacBook Pro 15"|Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite|512GB SSD|2.3GHz Intel Core i7 Quad Core with Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz|16GB DDR3 @1600MHz|Intel Iris Pro 1GB/Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 2GB|3 Year AppleCare Warranty
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 23:21   #442
Matt D
Tezcatlipoca
Cable Forum Team

Matt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny stars
Matt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny starsMatt D has a pair of shiny stars

More Blu-rays purchased since my last update...

Predator [cheap in ASDA]

The Blues Brothers [cheap in ASDA]

Avatar (extended super-duper collector's thing) [Finally cheap! Only £10 in ASDA]

Demolition Man [Love it, didn't realise it had ever come out on BD]

And from HMV.com, using the code H8BLU20 to get 20% off Blu-rays ordered before Monday night:

The Avengers (Steelbook) [Pre-order]

Battlestar Galactica (new): The Complete Series [down to £60.80 with the code, compared to the standard £76]
Old 18-06-2012, 21:45   #443
Matt D
Tezcatlipoca
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Finally, the Indiana Jones films are coming to Blu-ray!

http://uk.bluray.ign.com/articles/121/1219703p1.html
8th of October.

Two "Quadrilogy" boxes:

Normal - £44.99

Limited Edition Collector's Set - £64.99
Old 26-06-2012, 15:18   #444
Matt D
Tezcatlipoca
Cable Forum Team

I bought V for Vendetta (BD) yesterday for a fiver.

Quote:
Battlestar Galactica (new): The Complete Series [down to £60.80 with the code, compared to the standard £76]

It arrived today

Old 26-06-2012, 15:23   #445
Mr_love_monkey
Anyone can play guitar

Services: Women for money
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via Yahoo to Mr_love_monkey

Quote:
I bought V for Vendetta (BD) yesterday for a fiver.

It arrived today

Hmm.. I liked the series... not sure I'd buy it though...
And this is all a dream, and none of you are real
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 15:44   #446
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Skype™ to carlwaring

Getting latest Star Trek on BD and "Sportsnight" on R1 DVD for my birthday. Am also buying myself the BTTF Trilogy on BD.

I have quite a small but nice collection of films and TV shows but never have time to watch them!

I keep thinking I should (or would like to if I had the money) buy a few more TV box-sets (Stargate, Star Trek (not TOS though), Charmed, Doctor Who and some others) but then they're always on TV so I just record them and skip through the ads
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 19:51   #447
ChrisLUFC22
cf.addict

Services: Sky World, BB, and multi room.
ChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to all

Still awaiting the 3D Blu Ray release of Avatar. Can't find a release date anywhere
ChrisLUFC22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 20:04   #448
Stephen
Four leaf clover
Cable Forum Team

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+ Box, 3x TiVo, 60MB VM BB
Stephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via MSN to Stephen Send a message via Skype™ to Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLUFC22 View Post
Still awaiting the 3D Blu Ray release of Avatar. Can't find a release date anywhere
It did come out but Panasonic signed a deal making it an exclusive when you buy a TV or Blu Ray player. They sell on eBay for over £60 sometimes.
Old 23-07-2012, 15:01   #449
Will21st
cf.mega poster

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

Got the new Total Recall steel book today along with Up 3D.

Recall is a really nice transfer approved by Paul Verhoeven.I must say it shows since the amount of detail is stunning at times.
Some scenes have blemishes or problems with the original negative and they didn't do anything to gloss it over,just the way it should be!

Up 3D is fantastic,as to be expected of Pixar,and the first 12 mins. encapsulates everything I love about cinema and life! Brilliant!
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2012, 17:41   #450
sebastion
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media
sebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to behold

Dallas - Complete Season 1-14 [DVD] [1978] £100 released 3rd September.

put this in wishlist.
sebastion is offline   Reply With Quote