Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Pride of Longbridge 2012

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Cable Forum Basement > Lifestyle

Pride of Longbridge 2012

Old 15-04-2012, 13:13   #1
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 20M SHUB thingy in modem mode XL TV VboxHD and M phone
heero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny star
heero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny star
Pride of Longbridge 2012

Some photos from Saturdays meet, click to enlarge:

My black GTi Metro between a very nice red GTi 16v built from the ground up as new that had been bought down from Scotland the day before, only 500 miles on the clock, and a Metro Rio from Kent at Beaconsfield Services ready to convoy up to Hopwood Services. Wheels are special Compomotive rally sport items
S_Photo0111.jpg

Both parked up at Hopwood, assembling for the final Metro and MGR convoy to Crofton Park:
S_Photo0112_c.jpg

More Metros and R100s at Hopwood:
S_Photo0113.jpg

S_Photo0114.jpg
Advertisement
Old 15-04-2012, 13:18   #2
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Re: Pride of Longbridge 2012

Are you sure you don't want to blur your registration plates?
Old 15-04-2012, 13:22   #3
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

heero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny star
heero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny star

What a lot of Metros
S_Photo0115.jpg

That lovely red GTi
S_Photo0116.jpg

S_Photo0117.jpg

Mine from the back at Hopwood
S_Photo0118.jpg
Old 15-04-2012, 13:25   #4
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Assembled at Crofton Park which is opposite the Longbridge factory where my GTi was built 18 years ago.

S_Photo0119.jpg

S_Photo0120.jpg

S_Photo0121.jpg

S_Photo0122.jpg
Old 15-04-2012, 13:35   #5
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

S_Photo0123.jpg

S_Photo0124.jpg

Then we put the 13 GTi's together on the hill for their special photocall:

S_Photo0131.jpg

S_Photo0132.jpg

Didn't quite get them all in shot. Well was only my phone cam.
Old 15-04-2012, 13:43   #6
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Some other cars:

A BMC 1300GT from the early 70's, my father had one like this in white. Stonking little car fitted with a cooper mini spec engine and close ratio box, roomy too a genuine passenger car.
S_Photo0125.jpg

S_Photo0126.jpg

They only made this model for the states but a few escaped into the UK
S_Photo0128.jpg

More shots from a professional photographer

BTW the plates are on view in these shots too.
Old 15-04-2012, 15:08   #7
Gary L
Permanently Barred
Frogger Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Apple Shoot Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Light Saber Champion, Moon Lander Champion

Gary L has disabled reputation

I saw a white MG Montego, a few Metros (red being the main colour) and too many of them oh so common and boring 'MG' 25's.
Old 15-04-2012, 19:16   #8
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Some more photos of the meet including the Metro convoy here

Closeups of all the Metros including mine

Last edited by heero_yuy; 15-04-2012 at 19:34. Reason: Additional pix
heero_yuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 10:40   #9
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Some videos of the Metro's from POL

Parked up at Hopwood services

Leaving Hopwood, bit shakey

Metro Convoy, world record attempt video M42

I'm in there somewhere, unfortunatly we got a couple of non-Metro's in the convoy after a slight mixup leaving Hopwood at the lights. We slowed on the M42 to get peeps grouped up for the main video. Haven't heard yet whether the record's ours, fine sight though.

Viewed the video again: I'm there at 1m22sec in the black GTi

Last edited by heero_yuy; 16-04-2012 at 11:27. Reason: Time line
heero_yuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 11:22   #10
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Send a message via Skype™ to Chris

Ah, my first car. It was a 1.1 'Shadow' in midnight blue with a silver stripe. Saw me right through my U6 year and university, then got nicked and joy-ridden to death in Birmingham.

Those convoy videos bring back memories - at one point my mum, my sister, my brother and I all had Metros. On the rare occasion all four of us were back home for a weekend, the outside of our house looked like that.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 11:49   #11
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

The one I have now is the third Metro I've owned: I had a MKI 1.3S in Nautilus blue from new when they first came out, then a MKII Turbo in targa red/hurrican grey and now a MKIII GTi 16v which is a rare car these days being only a 100 or so left on the road, 13 made it to the show. One guy there had an absolute mint MKII Turbo in black that had been a "barn find" Pristine bodywork. Only 5 of them left now.

Nowadays I work from home so the car is garaged most of the time and I avoid it going out when the roads are salted or too wet if possible. As it's survived so long (18 years) I'm going to do some restoration on the bodywork and bring some other aspects up to scratch. She'll never be a concours example without a complete strip and re-build but I'd like to make her better than now. Having seen some of those in the show gives one the incentive to do the work which is mostly elbow grease and care.