Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates Part 7

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Cable Forum Basement > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates Part 7
Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 22:17   #406
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Home again only to find my son has deleted 60GB of my 3D art files many of them models and terrains I had made in Bryce.It's going to take me weeks of searching through my external HD to see if there are any saved there.
pm sent.
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2012, 15:44   #407
Stuart
Cable Forum Team
Cable Forum Team

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Email mailing lists. I am on loads as part of my job. Most of which I could actually be removed from without impacting my job.

However, there are two important ones. These *could* impact my job if I left them, as they are used for important announcements.

However, they are not actively policed (and it's beyound my pay grade to do so) so the users like to have "discussions" using these mailing lists. The upshot of this is that 99% of the stuff posted to those lists has no relevance to me or my department, yet I still have to waste time skimming it just in case it's important.
Old 13-04-2012, 16:12   #408
dilli-theclaw
BRL GRADE 2

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

A few today, sorry

1) VM who didn't tell me I had to pay a disconnection fee (in fact said no when I cancelled to go to BT on the phone) - the first I heard was a letter from moorcroft this morning.

2) DWP - I had my new rate benefit this morning, I still get DLA and IB for now but now £73 a fortnight less. NO news about this just found out when I logged onto online banking this morning.

3) Hospitals..... MMMmmm GRRR

4) The battery on my iPod is crapped out - £66 to get it replaced. But if I could still see properly I could most likely manage it myself.

Thank you - that is all for now
Old 13-04-2012, 16:34   #409
joglynne
Posting with Cattitude.

Services: Kahuna.
joglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver bling
joglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver bling

Ah Dilli, not a nice set of things to have happened.

Might as well have a minor moan whilst I am here. No matter what I try I can't balance my blood sugar count. Just how many ways are there for my immune system to hijack my placid nature. I feel a great big tantrum coming on.

Last edited by joglynne; 13-04-2012 at 16:38.
Old 13-04-2012, 16:38   #410
dilli-theclaw
BRL GRADE 2

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Ah Dilli, not a nice set of things to have happened.
Cheers - not all is bad though, I am back in an air-cast
Old 13-04-2012, 16:39   #411
joglynne
Posting with Cattitude.

Services: Kahuna.
joglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver bling
joglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver blingjoglynne has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
Cheers - not all is bad though, I am back in an air-cast
Is that the one you can have in exotic colours or is it the Darth Vader Boot?
Old 13-04-2012, 16:41   #412
dilli-theclaw
BRL GRADE 2

My vader boot
Old 13-04-2012, 17:58   #413
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Working 8hrs a day for the next 16 days without a day off, well i have to pay for the USA holiday somehow but still! zzz
Old 13-04-2012, 23:08   #414
Mr_love_monkey
Anyone can play guitar

Services: Women for money
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via Yahoo to Mr_love_monkey

heavy week this week - despite it being a 4 day week, I've worked nearly 50 hours - most of which (32) were on Tuesday and Wednesday
And this is all a dream, and none of you are real
Old 13-04-2012, 23:46   #415
MarkC1984
Grumpy Old Git

Services: Essential Collection, Proud TiVo convert, Blackberry 8520 phone.
MarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appeal
MarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appealMarkC1984 has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via AIM to MarkC1984

I've moaned about this before, but old people who congregate in the middle of supermarket aisles. You have to say excuse me loads of times, then when they ignore it for 5 minutes I barged past them.

Old fart #1: 'Manners of young people today'
Old fart #2: 'I know, young people have no respect for their elders'.

Me in response: 'Maybe if you listened to young people saying excuse me and actually moved instead of being ignorant and carrying on your gossiping in the middle of an aisle where people want to do their shopping, then maybe young people might have more respect for their elders'.

The look on their faces as I walked away was priceless. Wish I had taped it on my Blackberry now.
Old 16-04-2012, 10:46   #416
dilli-theclaw
BRL GRADE 2

The DWP.... Time to take cash of me when I inform them they've messed up.... 48 hours.... Time to refund me when they take too much money from my account SIX weeks... And they are only doing that because I called and asked them what was going on.
Old 16-04-2012, 10:58   #417
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
I've moaned about this before, but old people who congregate in the middle of supermarket aisles.

Admittedly there are some old people who appear to have no manners, I've held the door open for some several times and never a 'thank you',
however we all get old some day Mark, bear with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
The DWP.... Time to take cash of me when I inform them they've messed up.... 48 hours.... Time to refund me when they take too much money from my account SIX weeks... And they are only doing that because I called and asked them what was going on.
What scunner Dilli, a bit like the tax office eh?
Old 17-04-2012, 12:55   #418
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: BT, Sky multiroom (Sky+HD), BT Infinity Option 2
MadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronze
MadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronze

Received my Simpsons Season 6 today to find that disc 1 has a very small scratch on it. I think this is due to the rubbish case design and the plastic disc holders. Anyone know how to remove said scratch?
MacBook Pro 15"|Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite|512GB SSD|2.3GHz Intel Core i7 Quad Core with Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz|16GB DDR3 @1600MHz|Intel Iris Pro 1GB/Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 2GB|3 Year AppleCare Warranty
Old 17-04-2012, 14:30   #419
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 20M SHUB thingy in modem mode XL TV VboxHD and M phone
heero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny star
heero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
Received my Simpsons Season 6 today to find that disc 1 has a very small scratch on it. I think this is due to the rubbish case design and the plastic disc holders. Anyone know how to remove said scratch?
Can you not get the supplier to replace the disk or set? If it's scratched and won't play then it's the old sale of good act.

You can get CD/DVD polishing kits but make sure that it does it radially, I have one though I've not yet had to use it.

My moan? Somebody on the board is, to use the Americanism, sucking for a very big bruise.

Last edited by heero_yuy; 17-04-2012 at 14:34. Reason: My moan.
Old 17-04-2012, 15:38   #420
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: BT, Sky multiroom (Sky+HD), BT Infinity Option 2
MadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronze
MadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronzeMadGamer is cast in bronze

i may get Game to repair it actually, still plays so not too worried, but it's still a minor inconvenience

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

though on closer inspection, the 3rd disc has a scratch running round one side in the middle. Although it still plays, will Amazon accept a return?
MacBook Pro 15"|Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite|512GB SSD|2.3GHz Intel Core i7 Quad Core with Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz|16GB DDR3 @1600MHz|Intel Iris Pro 1GB/Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 2GB|3 Year AppleCare Warranty
Closed Thread